261 replies to this topic

#221 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

How about Kyle Calder?

I'm still extremely curious why he was relegated to the fourth line after a great first few games. He suddenly started sucking after that move. Maybe he got in a particularly bad argument with Babcock?

#222 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

How about Kyle Calder?

Remember how good that little bloke was when he first arrived? Wasn't he like a PPG player in the first dozen games or something he played? Then he got injured and was useless in the playoffs.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#223 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,632 posts

Here's me right about now.

Posted Image

Anyone else want in?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#224 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

We'll almost certainly end up either 5 or 6. I'm actually rooting for 6th though...we'd have an easier opponent (Dallas). We're on a horendous streak, but there's no reason to be too negative. We all know that the Wings can play better, and often do for the playoffs. If we play Dallas I'm pretty confident that we'll at least win that round.

Perhaps that's blind optimism, but you've got to find some hope somewhere here...

sadly enough I must agree with sandbagging the last few games. I seriously would rather play anyone the Preds.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#225 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

I'm still extremely curious why he was relegated to the fourth line after a great first few games. He suddenly started sucking after that move. Maybe he got in a particularly bad argument with Babcock?

Apparently he suffered a hand injury and just wasn't the same afterwards. In the hand shake line against Calgary he shook with his left. But it sure was weird, too bad because he looked really good and at the time just getting rid of J-Willy was fantastic :hehe:

#NOMOREKINDL

#226 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Babcock seems so set in his ways until the bitter end, current example: Hudler on the PP point
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#227 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

We'll almost certainly end up either 5 or 6. I'm actually rooting for 6th though...we'd have an easier opponent (Dallas). We're on a horendous streak, but there's no reason to be too negative. We all know that the Wings can play better, and often do for the playoffs. If we play Dallas I'm pretty confident that we'll at least win that round.

Perhaps that's blind optimism, but you've got to find some hope somewhere here...

There is no way any team catches the Wings for the 5th seed. Also, what makes you think the Stars are such a sure bet to win the Pacific? The only reason they are in this position at the moment is because of a 10-0-1 streak (which ended tonight). I think there is a pretty good chance SJ goes on a run to close out the season and win the Pacific.

#228 ValpoHockey

ValpoHockey

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Like I said, they're getting their crappy play out of the way. Wings have been a streaky team all year... it'd be good to start a hot streak during the playoffs ;)

#229 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

Damn ... for the love of God ... 4-0 to Anaheim ??!! :scared:

This is getting pathetic, are we close to the losing streak of earlier in the season, what was that, 6 in a row or something?

#230 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

There is no way any team catches the Wings for the 5th seed. Also, what makes you think the Stars are such a sure bet to win the Pacific? The only reason they are in this position at the moment is because of a 10-0-1 streak (which ended tonight). I think there is a pretty good chance SJ goes on a run to close out the season and win the Pacific.

You're right, we'll likely be fifth. It was more a response to a couple of comments saying that we'd be the 7 or 8 seed which obviously won't happen. I can hope that we play the Stars though.

And yes, the Stars aren't a sure bet for the Pacific, but they're by far the most likely to win it. Also, the Sharks are 2-5-3 in their past 10. That's not going to help them even make the playoffs at all.

#231 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

Damn ... I don't want to be 5th and give Nashville home ice advantage ... can anyone say 1st round exit?

A week ago, we were talking about #1 in the West ... this is as SH*TTY as hell.

Edited by RedWingsRox, 14 March 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#232 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

absolutely unacceptable play. injuries or not, the rest of the team is playing absolutely horrible. i a mad.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#233 Ray1905

Ray1905

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

The next game is going to be even worse, San Jose beats them when they are healthy and play well.
Read less, more TV.

#234 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#235 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Nothing excuses a lack of effort. Nothing.

Injuries or no injuries, players not giving it their all is a disgrace. They didn't try last night either, so they can't use the back-to-back excuse.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#236 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Stayed till the bitter end. Good night/morning from Scotland. Roll on saturday against the sharks.

#237 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

My Plasma may not survive another game like this. Complete lack of heart, this team has gone soft all of a sudden.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#238 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

I'm off to sleep. Is it too much to hope to see a headline in the morning along the lines of "Babcock calls out underperforming Red Wings"?

My lord, Franzen is infuriating. Granted, he's our leading scorer, but he's got the ability to do so much more. I understand that the regular season can get monotonous, but that's where a coach should come in for motivation, no?

Edited by Zetts, 14 March 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#239 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

My Plasma may not survive another game like this. Complete lack of heart, this team has gone soft all of a sudden.

This is the worst team in a while that was working because of chemistry. We have a lack of talent out there combined with lazy guys that have all kinds of talent. In 08 they were stacked, in 09 they were stacked. We need to trim the fat this summer (Holmstrom, Hudler, Cleary) and get some guys that can play well and don't get worn out.
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#240 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

This is the worst team in a while that was working because of chemistry. We have a lack of talent out there combined with lazy guys that have all kinds of talent. In 08 they were stacked, in 09 they were stacked. We need to trim the fat this summer (Holmstrom, Hudler, Cleary) and get some guys that can play well and don't get worn out.

You'd think that would be the plan, but they've already re-signed Bertuzzi, so I'm not optimistic.