• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#241 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

Can someone please flick the damn switch and start playing Red Wings hockey? It's time to get into some sort of rhythm and roll to prepare for the playoffs.

So now we make Kyle Palmieri into some sort of stud ... wtf ??

Edited by RedWingsRox, 14 March 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#242 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

You're right, we'll likely be fifth. It was more a response to a couple of comments saying that we'd be the 7 or 8 seed which obviously won't happen. I can hope that we play the Stars though.

And yes, the Stars aren't a sure bet for the Pacific, but they're by far the most likely to win it. Also, the Sharks are 2-5-3 in their past 10. That's not going to help them even make the playoffs at all.

I think the Stars would be the "best" opponent too. As far as the Sharks go, I just have this feeling they will go on a streak and win 10 out of the last 13 games and win their division. They have too many good players to suck this much. But it sure would be nice if they continued to play this way and end up missing the playoffs altogether.

#243 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

This was the worst week for me in a long time. Last night in LA a terrible game. We payed over $500.00 for two tickets and for my girlfriend was the first Red Wings game. We managed to stay until last second and hoping for a miracle. Did not hapen. Today even worse. The look on the faces of players is completeley empty, no emotions no signs of feeling shame. I will stop at that. However,
If Wings beat Sharks on Saturday i will forgive them this horrible week.

Edited by arag, 14 March 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#244 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

A game in the shark tank is going to be just what the Docotor ordered. If they cant get up for that game (especially with Pavels return) I dont know what else could.

#245 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

This is the worst team in a while that was working because of chemistry. We have a lack of talent out there combined with lazy guys that have all kinds of talent. In 08 they were stacked, in 09 they were stacked. We need to trim the fat this summer (Holmstrom, Hudler, Cleary) and get some guys that can play well and don't get worn out.

You're thinking Hudler,Cleary and Holmstrom. But I think those guys plus Holland needs to get rid of guys like Emmerton and Mursak who other then having good speed can't do anything else. You could see this stretch coming from a mile away and still Holland did nothing at the deadline or in the offseason. What is the point of having a ton of cap space if it's never used. Other than a few top players this team is built of a bunch of fourth liners. Thay have needed a scoring forward ever since Hossa left. But instead we are stuck with players that get hot for 5 or 6 games but then are barely seen for a month. Also they need to stop missing the damn net! It's not that small!

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#246 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Post-game Mike Babcock: "I hope the people in Michigan were already sleeping."
by freepwings via twitter 10:59 PM

#247 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

Posted Today, 12:05 AM

by freepwings via twitter 10:59 PM

Well the Wings Certainly were.

Edited by wings87, 15 March 2012 - 12:09 AM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#248 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

This was the worst week for me in a long time. Last night in LA a terrible game. We payed over $500.00 for two tickets and for my girlfriend was the first Red Wings game. We managed to stay until last second and hoping for a miracle. Did not hapen. Today even worse. The look on the faces of players is completeley empty, no emotions no signs of feeling shame. I will stop at that. However,
If Wings beat Sharks on Saturday i will forgive them this horrible week.

I feel for you, that definitely blows. Imagine how Hank and Fil must feel, like "really, just us then? ok..."

So to recap: the regulars are playing like s*** but its because of injuries, the powerplay has been the worst in the league in the past 41 games but its because of injuries, they are continuing to plummet below .500 on the road but its because of injuries, in the meantime, near losing home ice in the playoffs, but again, because of injuries.

But its OK that Franzen phones it in every game because he is just so super-duper clutch that it is beneath him to get up for these "lesser" games, it just bores him. I mean he is leading the team in goals, so he doesn't really need to do much beyond pot a gimme here and there, ala Hudler. Statistics are really all that matter, because who has the time to watch the games, especially the late ones like tonight?

Can't wait until Datsyuk comes back so we can have 3 players in the top 6 who skate instead of just 2, that and we can pad Mules stats some more. And when Lidstrom comes back eventually from his ill-progressing bone bruise, White will become a player again, instead of a pylon. And when Eaves returns from his concussion we can have a fourth line with three skaters, instead of a slow skater, a fast skater, and an empty #48 sweater. And when Ericsson and Kindl heal up they can sit more comfortably in the press box, which will be a nice change of pace.

Don't worry, help is on the way and it will be ALLLLL better.

http://twitter.com/#!/freepwings/status/180156189173219328

#249 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

It seems we have to go through a serious slump every year but this one has just came a bit later then usual. If we can get through this and get healthy and start consistently winning again, we will be better because of it. If we can't... well we weren't going to go far anyways.

#250 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

The only thing that makes me feel remotely better ... and not by much is that the local Canucks have been losing just as much BUT they don't have excuse of injuries.

We are 3-6-1 in our last 10 games ... wake up million dollar lazy players and start behaving like professionals. If the Pittsburgh Penguins can play hard every night, so can you!

Edited by RedWingsRox, 15 March 2012 - 12:31 AM.

#251 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

I think this thread title should be changed to (Blank) at Anaheim Ducks since clearly the Red Wings didn't show

#252 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

Iam very sad i could not make this game tonight... oh wellz its ok though ducks where due for a win vs the wings :)
Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#253 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

Great job, Kenny. You and (your pal) Babcock have done one helleva job.

#254 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

Im pretty sure we all knew a slump was coming, we were certainly due for one and with our list of injuries it's a no brainer. That being said as long as we have Dats, Lids back for the playoffs (and in form) we will be in good shape...I fell asleep before last nites game apparently I wasn't the only one :hehe:

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#255 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

I just hope they don't start forcing people back from inj because of there recent play or we might have bigger issues.

Edited by Hey man nice shot!, 15 March 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#256 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

It seems we have to go through a serious slump every year but this one has just came a bit later then usual. If we can get through this and get healthy and start consistently winning again, we will be better because of it. If we can't... well we weren't going to go far anyways.

Well, this is the 2nd slump as we lost 6 in a row starting in October. I don't know about you but I'm not used to seeing 2 slumps in the same year with this team.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#257 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

With all scenarios and possibilities I have this strange feeling. I feel that these Wings are going to wake up from coma and destroy everything on their path to conference finals. After that I'll leave it in Hockey Gods hands.
Go Wings !

#258 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

The Wings are saving it for the playoffs. Hey I have to try and be positive here! :lol:
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#259 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

I hope the people in Michigan were already sleeping.

Mike, do you ever look at stands on your road games?
Yesterday, there was around half of audience wearing red and white as well as a day before.

Do you care about them? Or it's all about 'people in Michigan'?

#260 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

Mike, do you ever look at stands on your road games?
Yesterday, there was around half of audience wearing red and white as well as a day before.

Do you care about them? Or it's all about 'people in Michigan'?

He meant that what happened last night was a complete embarrassment. It's not a shot at the people in the stands...
  • ami likes this