• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/14 GDT : Red Wings 0 at Ducks 4

Rate this topic

Im pretty sure we all knew a slump was coming, we were certainly due for one and with our list of injuries it's a no brainer. That being said as long as we have Dats, Lids back for the playoffs (and in form) we will be in good shape...I fell asleep before last nites game apparently I wasn't the only one :hehe:

It seems we have to go through a serious slump every year but this one has just came a bit later then usual. If we can get through this and get healthy and start consistently winning again, we will be better because of it. If we can't... well we weren't going to go far anyways.

Well, this is the 2nd slump as we lost 6 in a row starting in October. I don't know about you but I'm not used to seeing 2 slumps in the same year with this team.

With all scenarios and possibilities I have this strange feeling. I feel that these Wings are going to wake up from coma and destroy everything on their path to conference finals. After that I'll leave it in Hockey Gods hands.

Go Wings !

Guest Hatethedrake!

The Wings are saving it for the playoffs. Hey I have to try and be positive here! :lol:

I hope the people in Michigan were already sleeping.

Mike, do you ever look at stands on your road games?

Yesterday, there was around half of audience wearing red and white as well as a day before.

Do you care about them? Or it's all about 'people in Michigan'?

Mike, do you ever look at stands on your road games?

Yesterday, there was around half of audience wearing red and white as well as a day before.

Do you care about them? Or it's all about 'people in Michigan'?

He meant that what happened last night was a complete embarrassment. It's not a shot at the people in the stands...

He meant that what happened last night was a complete embarrassment. It's not a shot at the people in the stands...

Of course he didn't MEAN it that way - but how am I not supposed to get that out of it? Damn right it was a complete embarrassment, and there was half an arena full of Wings fans who paid lots of money to come out and see some good hockey there who saw every single second of that disaster. EVERYONE'S WATCHING, Babs. That's what happens when you're the most popular hockey team in the U.S. We're watching, and while we don't expect you to win every game, we do expect to see games played with the pride of a team with that many fans and that many Cups.

I feel for you, that definitely blows. Imagine how Hank and Fil must feel, like "really, just us then? ok..."

So to recap: the regulars are playing like s*** but its because of injuries, the powerplay has been the worst in the league in the past 41 games but its because of injuries, they are continuing to plummet below .500 on the road but its because of injuries, in the meantime, near losing home ice in the playoffs, but again, because of injuries.

But its OK that Franzen phones it in every game because he is just so super-duper clutch that it is beneath him to get up for these "lesser" games, it just bores him. I mean he is leading the team in goals, so he doesn't really need to do much beyond pot a gimme here and there, ala Hudler. Statistics are really all that matter, because who has the time to watch the games, especially the late ones like tonight?

Can't wait until Datsyuk comes back so we can have 3 players in the top 6 who skate instead of just 2, that and we can pad Mules stats some more. And when Lidstrom comes back eventually from his ill-progressing bone bruise, White will become a player again, instead of a pylon. And when Eaves returns from his concussion we can have a fourth line with three skaters, instead of a slow skater, a fast skater, and an empty #48 sweater. And when Ericsson and Kindl heal up they can sit more comfortably in the press box, which will be a nice change of pace.

Don't worry, help is on the way and it will be ALLLLL better.

Post-game Mike Babcock: "I hope the people in Michigan were already sleeping."

http://twitter.com/#!/freepwings/status/180156189173219328

Didn't you know stats mean everything?

I mean Dan Cleary had 26 goals last year so he automatically was a great player for us :yowza::yowza:

Im pretty sure we all knew a slump was coming, we were certainly due for one and with our list of injuries it's a no brainer. That being said as long as we have Dats, Lids back for the playoffs (and in form) we will be in good shape...I fell asleep before last nites game apparently I wasn't the only one :hehe:

The slump does suck, but that would be tolerable if the team did something. Anything... At least look like you give a s***