Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Cool Statistics website details chances...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Random observation: this site still has us as having a much better chance than Nashville of finishing 4th (59% vs 33%).

Edited by Zetts, 20 March 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#22 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:23 PM

It doesn't much matter now, because we are going to keep free falling, and I think we will end up with 5th or 6th depending on a few things. If we get sixth and SJ wins the Pacific, we only have ourselves to blame as we played like crap on Saturday.

Interesting night tonight though with the games. Have a few epic games.

Random observation: this site still has us as having a much better chance than Nashville of finishing 4th (59% vs 33%).

Yeah, because of the weighted nature of our past... If you look at the 50/50 it shows a different picture.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#23 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

The Dallas PHX game went perfectly for us... the three points and Dallas getting the edge really made it more likely San Jose would miss out. LA needs to win though now. 41.4% for SJ if they lose in regulation.

IF Colorado and Calgary go to OT it will make it even worse for them.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#24 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

If San Jose loses tonight 3/22 it will have dropped them to a 26% chance of making the playoffs.

We also have a vested interest in Phoenix v Colorado. Phoenix could still be our first round match up, and Colorado needs this to stay over a 50/50 chance.

Of course, Nashville plays tonight. If you want the home seed them losing is necessary. I want 6th place for many reasons so I want them to win.

#25 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

Headline at nhl.com:

Bounty of playoff implications on Thursday slate

That's in the NHL sense, not the NFL.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#26 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

Three wins mathematically gets us in the playoffs. BTW.

#27 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Or 6 OT losses? :ph34r:

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#28 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Damn SJ... just keep hanging around.