• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icesurfer

Need to get Lidstrom back soon

Rate this topic

Dear Lidstrom,

Please make some phone calls back home to Sweden and get some advice on Orthokine Therapy (Regenokine in US) or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Injections or ABI (Autologous Blood Injection), depending on what other therapy you have had done so far, along the periosteum and you will be back on the ice in 5 days. Just some professional advice.

We need you on the ice ..... and desperately.... or the Wings season could be over in the first round.

It will be a sad day when you retire!

Icesurfer

While we defs miss Nick I think Pasha will have more impact on the team in return than Nick. We will still have a big hole until Nick comes back but imo the dmen on the Wings have been pretty good over this span of these games at moving the puck, blocking shots, and joining the offence. The problem to my eyes has been every line not named Hank and Fil. IMO Pasha will bring back lots of skill to the lineup along with a much better determination to get good scoring chances and dominate with the puck... that is what we are missing. Here is hoping we get Pasha back Saturday and Nick soon after!

I'm wondering if this injury trouble is going to hurt his chances of playing beyond this year. Prior to this year, in his 19 year career, his missed about 29 games in total (or about 1.5 games per year on average). He's already missed 9 games this year, which is easily the most in his entire career.

Is age finally catching up to him....is this a bad sign for coming back? Or, maybe he is just taking an extra long break to rest up for playoffs? Eevn under that scenario I would be thinking (is age catching up to the point where he needs too much rest....will he come back next year?)

I'm wondering if this injury trouble is going to hurt his chances of playing beyond this year. Prior to this year, in his 19 year career, his missed about 29 games in total (or about 1.5 games per year on average). He's already missed 9 games this year, which is easily the most in his entire career.

Is age finally catching up to him....is this a bad sign for coming back? Or, maybe he is just taking an extra long break to rest up for playoffs? Eevn under that scenario I would be thinking (is age catching up to the point where he needs too much rest....will he come back next year?)

I've been thinking about this the whole time he has been injured. It's going to affect him either way -- either it determined that he can't take the abuse of another 82 game season and this injury goes to show him that, or it shows him that he wants to play another year because all of his "i cant stand to watch this game on television" talks. I'm hoping that it made him realize what retirement would look like prior to actually pulling the trigger on a huge decision like that. From all of his interviews he sounds like he generally just misses being out there playing, which leads me to believe that he's not ready to retire just yet. But it could also make him really consider if he wants to make his body endure another 82 game season, and what could possibly happen if he did.

I'm already tired of hearing this. What does age have to do with taking a puck off the ankle?

I'm already tired of hearing this. What does age have to do with taking a puck off the ankle?

Age has to do with recovery time, or the percentage of recovery from injury. So it does have a pretty big impact in such injuries, especially an ankle injury to a hockey player.

It's funny but I thought it might be having the opposite effect, because for one of the only times in his career he is sitting on the outside watching guys play while he can't be involved. Just might spur him to think about how much he is going to miss it all when that inevitable day comes, and convince him to prolong that day as long as he can. Also, I doubt being will make him wonder if age is catching up with him too much. A deep bone bruise could happen to anyone and can take a while to come back from just because of the nature of the injury.

Tell me you are not serious. As you age, you become more susceptible to injuries....period. A puck off the ankle at the end of 20 may just result in a bruise, but it could result in a break at the age of 40. The bigger issue though, as someone has alrady noted, is recovery time.

It's also a pretty well known fact bone bruises don't heal over night. Some injuries just take longer to heal than others. I did something to my thumb two months ago and it's just barely getting to the point I have more use of it. It's not a huge injury, doesn't keep me from using my thumb completely, but it does currently limit the abilities I have with it. Guess what? I'm not 'old' by any means. Lidstrom is not being kept out because he is healing slowly, he's being kept out because of the nature of his injury and the recovery time associated with it.

How come there's been not much talk about the extent of injury? Not just a simple bruise ... any more details or did I miss it? Is it a high ankle sprain? Is something broken?

Edited by RedWingsRox

How come there's been not much talk about the extent of injury? Not just a simple bruise ... any more details or did I miss it? Is it a high ankle sprain? Is something broken?

They said its a deep bone bruise and xrays have not revealed a fracture. Look up bone bruises and you will see what the recovery time is, it's not short.

With twenty years in the training/fitness industry I can tell you this:

when you take care of your body the way Lids does in season and off season, your age is much less of a factor in recovery of a bone bruise than most on here think.

Have you ever stepped on a rock with your heel? whether it be barefooted or wearing a shoe and regardless of age you know how annoying of a recovery period that can be.

Last night when Nick was talking to Ken and Larry he said that he is able to walk better, it just hurts when he is on his skates. He described the theropy that the docs are using and said that they will decide on what course to take today or tomorrow as to whether he should stay off his feet for a few days or what not. Obviously it is just a matter of time that Nick has to wait so that he can easily do starts and stops effortlessly. IMO, since we are getting Pasha back likely saturday, let Nick rest until about next Wednesday and then have him resume skating and get some practices in and then come back for the last couple weeks of the season.

How about we need to learn to play well without Nick? I hate that he's not playing now, but is this what our future looks like when he does finally retire? Since we don't know his plans or how he feels about that decision they should be taking the opportunity to find a way to prove they have a good defensive group.

last time nick was out an extended period of time (8 games) something sweet happened that year.

chill the f*** out.

It was 6 games, not 8, but that's not the point. I can't speak for everyone else, but it's not this year that I am worried about....at all.

What happened to all our defensive depth.

I thought we were supposed to have one of the best bluelines in the league.

I think it has hurt White the most, i think his play was dependent on Lids, other than that our d hasn't been too bad aside from Janik just being Janik and smith's rookie factor. I think white needs to be more physical, maybe he is injured or something but he hasn't thrown a hipcheck in a long long time, hopefully it magically shows up in the playoffs when we need every guy to be a physical beast besides lids. I think Quincey needs to step up the physicality as well as stuart, he has been relatively quiet this year, hopefully jut saving himself for the playoffs.

last time nick was out an extended period of time (8 games) something sweet happened that year.

Also, for the record, after Lidstrom missed 6 games in the 2007-08 season (injured Feb 18) he returned (March 9) to score 3 goals and 10 assists in the final 14 NHL Regular Season games. During that stretch (of Lidstrom's injured 6 games) the Wings went 2-3-1 by picking up their only two victories in games 5 and 6.

Personally, I'm not that converned (yet) with the injuries. What's more concerning is how over the last couple of years the Wings have limped into the playoffs. Last year they went 8-7-4 down the stretch and blew the second seed to SJ. The year before that (2009-10 they had to go on a miracle tear amongst injuries just to secure the fifth seed. It's been a few years since (2008-09) that the Wings have been healthy and playing at top level down the stretch

If the Wings had 3 "Datsyuks's" on the top 3 lines it wouldn't do them any good right now. The most important aspect of the game, which Lidstrom provides to the team that no one else can provide, is extreme confidence.... and most importantly... confidence to the goaltender. If your goaltender has no confidence it doesn't matter how much skill you have on the ice. When Lidstrom is skating in front of you the confidence rises exponentially. Right now Howie has ZERO confidence. His confidence most likely won't return until he sees a healthy Lidstrom skating in front of him, IMHO. And this is one of the reasons why DEFENSE AND GOALTENDING WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I hope Lidstrom plays one more year because, IMHO, the only defensemen who can come close to what Lidstrom does is Shea Weber. Of course, no one will ever "replace" Lidstrom but getting Shea Weber would make it a little easier. Weber will not be a UFA next year (only RFA), but the year after he will be. There would be two reasons for getting Shea Weber... even if Wings have to pay him maximum salary. One reason is that he would be the best defensemen available and the second reason is if Weber signs with someone else in Detroit's division or conference he will put a nail in the Lidstromless Wings' chances for years to come.

Need Datsyuk more imo but yeah team Lindstrom needs Nick Lindstrom. Yeah since the all star game last year I still can not stop saying team Lindstrom.

Too bad it's team Lidstrom...not Lindstrom. How did you do that 3 times?