• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Wings Addict

Wings getting a share of adversity

Rate this topic

“The reality right now is that as a group we’re not working hard enough, we’re not playing with good enough structure, and therefore we don’t look very skilled,” Wings coach Mike Babcock said. “We have to have a look in the mirror and get it fixed. You go through adversity every year and we’re getting our share right now.”

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=622374

He is absolutely right. :thumbup:

Now let’s get it together and take some aggression out on Saturday when we play the Sharks. I don’t think there is anything that will make this team feel better than destroying the Sharks on their own ice.

Its nice that Babcock knows what's wrong. How about he does something to try and fix it?

Im sorry but the team was in a heated division race where home ice is more than likely going to determine how the Wings fare in the playoffs. If a team cant get motivated for that then its more than just the every year adversity. Its a sign of a bigger issue. Now the division is basically lost. I am more disappointed with the coaching staff than I am with the underachieving players. Babcock needs to do more than give Death Stares and find a way to motivate players. Blashill's job should be in jeopardy should the PP not correct itself. I think were getting to the point where everyone is content in there spot in the organization including the coaches. Think Bowman would have put up with the consistent laziness some players have shown this season?

I beleive in this team. Before our our 2 best players went out of the lineup this team was leading the presidents trophy race and was playing great. So what well be 4th or 5th seed ... if the groups healthy theyve got a good chance to win regardless of who they play against. Are we really sweating Nashville that much? With 7 regulars out we dominated them last Saturday and half the building was chanting go Red Wings. That season series could easily be 5-0 ... personally Id rather play them than the Sharks or the Hawks.

Congratulations Nashville, Los Angeles and Anaheim, you just beat- the Grand Rapids Griffins.

That's really all I have to say on the matter.

Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, Kronwall, Stuart, White, Howard, Holmstrom, Hudler.

That's the Grand Rapids Griffins? :rolleyes:

f***, the Grand Rapids Griffins should win the Calder Cup every year based on that. Best minor league team in hockey history.

Edited by GMRwings1983

I disagree that this is "adversity." Generally, adversity has been when injuries plague you (which is the case here, admittedly) or something happens to you. The Wings' biggest problem this season has not been adversity, it has been lack of heart and drive. That is of their own making. I hope they can get it in gear for the playoffs.

I missed the last game but to me in the last 10-15 games Flip, Z-berg & Helm have been our anchors. When those three disappear with an already depleted lineup it's over. With Big Bert back and Dats on Saturday I look forward to the last ten games and get geared up for the playoffs.

I expect the Wings to struggle some with a depleted lineup but when Pav and Lidstrom are out that's when you want to see what the team is made of. Will people step up and play hard or will the team be passive as they have been over the last couple of weeks. I see it as a test in a way.

They have had a good season and I won't cry if they don't win the division. But I would like to see some fire out on the ice. This last stretch is the time to turn it on for the playoffs. I also would like to see them kick the crap out of the Rangers at MSG next week since the only other game I got to go to this season was the embarrassing loss at Nassau Coliseum.

Winning the division isn't all that unlikely, really. The Blues have lost two straight I think. Runs like the one they've been on don't last. And the Wings are getting healthy and should be going into playoff mode soon. It'll be close but I think the Wings will probably leap frog the Blues again as they hit their own patch of adversity.

Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, Kronwall, Stuart, White, Howard, Holmstrom, Hudler.

That's the Grand Rapids Griffins? :rolleyes:

f***, the Grand Rapids Griffins should win the Calder Cup every year based on that. Best minor league team in hockey history.

I don't disagree with your statement as a whole, they have enough of their full time players that the comparison is not accurate, however, I don't think Howard should be included in the group. I know that he played last game but he has been out so much that by his own admission he is not playing well, not tracking the puck fast enough, and the game is just going on too fast around him. A couple more games under his belt and hopefully he will round into form.

Winning the division isn't all that unlikely, really. The Blues have lost two straight I think. Runs like the one they've been on don't last. And the Wings are getting healthy and should be going into playoff mode soon. It'll be close but I think the Wings will probably leap frog the Blues again as they hit their own patch of adversity.

I hope so and agree that the Blues might slump some (especially depending on the McDonald injury) and the Wings surge (especially getting Dats back) but it is a tall order still. The Wings are 7 points behind (but have a game in hand) but also have to overcome the Blues having 41 ROW's to the Wings 37 ROW's so the Wings will lose a tie breaker. It may come down to their game against the Blues on April 4th, that could be a big 4 point swing (too bad it is any away game for the Wings). Hopefully, playing 7 of the last 11 at home will help the Wings as well (and hurt the Blues who only play 4 of their last 10 at home).