• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

beachwing

$35 All YOu Can Drink in Tampa

Rate this topic

Oh good. Just what sporting events need - more drunks. Letting people drink themselves into alcoholic stupors is totally responsible, and not at all going to affect the quality of the game for those unfortunate enough to be seated near these people.

Its just a lame marketing tactic for a non-hockey market. As a fan of the game, it bothers me that they're just trying to fill seats with cheap methods like that. After all, they've tried the same kind of things in Arizona numerous times, and it hasn't contributed to fan-base growth one iota.

I'm wondering what self proclaimed "real beer drinkers" drink.

Well...

Pabst (yes its good thats why old and young enjoy it)

Newcastle

Anchor Steam Porter

Stella

Hoegaarden (a good Belgium White)

I prefer Brown Ales, Lagers or Pilsners depending on my mood and the weather but I have a wide taste of beers. I live in an area that has many microbrews that nobody outside of a 300 mile radius would know of so I left those out, many may not even know what Anchor Steam is but I think they are a national brand now.

Blue Moon was and is a corporate brewer brand to gain more market share. They figure some dont want to buy Budweiser because that is too Blue Collar but want the business so they offer trendy hipster brews. Sadly PBR is pretty hipster nowdays but that doesnt make it bad. Hell they are making the same way they have for decades.

Oh and I didnt happen to see what the lines for refills at the "all you can drink" event but Im pretty certain you were filling up and getting back in line right after.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

Yeah, no. Say puck drop is 7:30 p.m. That means from 4:30 to 7:30 you can sit in the parking lot and drink until you can't tell colors from shapes anymore. How are you going to get any enjoyment out of the hockey game if you're so drunk your blood qualifies as a cocktail? As someone else alluded to, how are you supposed to get home? You're not going to be dead sober by the time the game ends, so you can't drive anywhere.

If you think drinking until you can't stand up qualifies as a good time, that's kind of sad.

Get off your high horse. Just because you dont drink doesnt mean someone else cant go out, enjoy the atmosphere before the game and get a good buzz on while being able to control themselves. I'm sure theyre not gonna be serving to the assholes who cant walk anymore.

As for how do they get home.. however they would get home from the game if they were drinking beer at it or if they were in sitting at a bar. They have their options, cabs, buses etc.

Just because people are paying 35 bucks to drink some beer doesnt mean its going to be a bunch of people walking around puking in the concourse at the game.

Besides, its american beer and its made by coors. Thats a recipe for not getting drunk if I ever heard one

Well...

Newcastle

Anchor Steam Porter

Stella

Stella? Self proclaimed beer drinkers drink stella now?! Thats a beer snob beer if I ever heard one :lol:

Get off your high horse. Just because you dont drink doesnt mean someone else cant go out, enjoy the atmosphere before the game and get a good buzz on while being able to control themselves. I'm sure theyre not gonna be serving to the assholes who cant walk anymore.

As for how do they get home.. however they would get home from the game if they were drinking beer at it or if they were in sitting at a bar. They have their options, cabs, buses etc.

Just because people are paying 35 bucks to drink some beer doesnt mean its going to be a bunch of people walking around puking in the concourse at the game.

Besides, its american beer and its made by coors. Thats a recipe for not getting drunk if I ever heard one

Stella? Self proclaimed beer drinkers drink stella now?! Thats a beer snob beer if I ever heard one :lol:

Hey now... well....Yes I am a beer snob lol

At least I dont drink wine ;)

BTW Id throw in a few others if we could get them in the States like REAL Guiness. Guiness in the States is one of the lowest alchohol content beers available. Its like O'duols but black. Guiness is actually served COLD and Room temp with the Cold version being 10 degrees colder and sports a blue label with a hurricane logo (or at least it did). It was also 6% and actually got you buzzed. Not here :(

I drank a lot of Euro brew on a 3 month long trip to Europe when I was 22 and formed my tastes around Irish, British, Belgium brews. Of all of them I was a bit turned off from German beer as they are old world recipes by law and dont have the taste I prefer.

Its funny that beers I drank there are now becoming popular or advertised in the US now, ten years later.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

Hey now... well....Yes I am a beer snob lol

At least I dont drink wine ;)

BTW Id throw in a few others if we could get them in the States like REAL Guiness. Guiness in the States is one of the lowest alchohol content beers available. Its like O'duols but black. Guiness is actually served COLD and Room temp with the Cold version being 10 degrees colder and sports a blue label with a hurricane logo (or at least it did). It was also 6% and actually got you buzzed. Not here :(

I drank a lot of Euro brew on a 3 month long trip to Europe when I was 22 and formed my tastes around Irish, British, Belgium brews. Of all of them I was a bit turned off from German beer as they are old world recipes by law and dont have the taste I prefer.

Its funny that beers I drank there are now becoming popular or advertised in the US now, ten years later.

i hope this is sarcasm, actually the original guiness that the US gets is indeed brewed in ireland, the Extra stout and Foreign extra stout ( the two with more alcohol than the original) are brewed in CANADA. Who knows where stella artios is brewed anymore, st. louis for all we know.

Edited by jollymania

Foam or feather?

sobikaowa, or w/e that infomercial is, appears to be the safest

Well...

Newcastle

Anchor Steam Porter

Stella

I prefer Brown Ales, Lagers or Pilsners depending on my mood and the weather but I have a wide taste of beers. I live in an area that has many microbrews that nobody outside of a 300 mile radius would know of so I left those out, many may not even know what Anchor Steam is but I think they are a national brand now.

Blue Moon was and is a corporate brewer brand to gain more market share. They figure some dont want to buy Budweiser because that is too Blue Collar but want the business so they offer trendy hipster brews. Sadly PBR is pretty hipster nowdays but that doesnt make it bad. Hell they are making the same way they have for decades.

Oh and I didnt happen to see what the lines for refills at the "all you can drink" event but Im pretty certain you were filling up and getting back in line right after.

People know about the NorCal craft breweries, In Sonoma you have Russian River, pretty much the most praised microbrewery in the entire world, the only competition coming form Founders or Bell's.

Edited by jollymania

i hope this is sarcasm, actually the original guiness that the US gets is indeed brewed in ireland, the Extra stout and Foreign extra stout ( the two with more alcohol than the original) are brewed in CANADA. Who knows where stella artios is brewed anymore, st. louis for all we know.

To the best of my knowledge, in Cali, Guiness is something like 3.5%. I dont remember the particulars of the Guness offerings as there were many in England where I spent the majority of my time. I do know that 10 years ago when I was there, guiness was higher alchohol content than in Cali at the same time. By the time I came back I was a Newky convert and only drink Guiness or any stout for that matter on a rare basis know.

Brown Ale and Porter is a better style IN MY OPINION. The flavor and body suit my tastes better. Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout is the only stout Ive tasted that has a clean finish and actually dissolves off the tongue.

It is amazing that a hockey forum has got involved in a conversation about brew. I suppose they go hand in hand and Im also happy that there are folks here that enjoy beer beyond the guzzlers that just want to get drunk. To that end we still are but we want to get there a better way.

To the best of my knowledge, in Cali, Guiness is something like 3.5%. I dont remember the particulars of the Guness offerings as there were many in England where I spent the majority of my time. I do know that 10 years ago when I was there, guiness was higher alchohol content than in Cali at the same time. By the time I came back I was a Newky convert and only drink Guiness or any stout for that matter on a rare basis know.

Brown Ale and Porter is a better style IN MY OPINION. The flavor and body suit my tastes better. Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout is the only stout Ive tasted that has a clean finish and actually dissolves off the tongue.

It is amazing that a hockey forum has got involved in a conversation about brew. I suppose they go hand in hand and Im also happy that there are folks here that enjoy beer beyond the guzzlers that just want to get drunk. To that end we still are but we want to get there a better way.

Not that I'm complaining, but there's an Official Beer Thread in the Off-Topic forum.

I love stouts of all shapes and sizes, Samuel Smith is pretty good but I think there are better options - especially brewed here in Michigan (I realize you aren't here.) Right Brain Brewery's CEO Coffee Stout is one of the best I've ever had and is a current favorite. I even enjoy Founder's Oatmeal Stout quite a bit, despite thinking that they are largely overrated (definitely are in West Michigan, but at least people are experiencing craft beer).

I've never been a fan of Stella, but can agree with some of the other beers of choice on your list - especially PBR out of the tap.

I absolutely love beer of all kinds and will absolutely put an orange in a Blue Moon. However, I can understand someone not wanting a beer with fruit added if they are of the opinion that a beer should stand on its own merit - not because it's "not manly" to add fruit. There are hundreds of better beers out there - but at least they aren't giving people a bunch of Miller Lite to swill down.

Edited by Travis

Who the hell said it requires it? I drink Blue Moon all the time and I've never put a god damn orange in it.

I'm wondering what self proclaimed "real beer drinkers" drink.

Blue Moon is a Hefeweizen. It's not required, but people typically opt for orange in theirs. Same as Dos Equis and Corona, you don't HAVE to drink it with a lime, but most do.

How many people do you know that are going to pay $35.00 for beer that are only going to have a few? They are going to want their money's worth. "Money's worth" is different for different people, have you ever noticed the people that eat at "ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETS"

90% are fat hogs, gotta get their money's worth. People that are attracted to "ALL YOU CAN" are people that are glutonous.

How many people do you know that are going to pay $35.00 for beer that are only going to have a few? They are going to want their money's worth. "Money's worth" is different for different people, have you ever noticed the people that eat at "ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFETS"

90% are fat hogs, gotta get their money's worth. People that are attracted to "ALL YOU CAN" are people that are glutonous.

I'm still young and quite frankly in a 3 hour period or whatever it is it would only be like 8 beers to make you get a pretty damn good deal on beer at a sporting event. I havent had years of beer drinking under my belt to build up tolerance like I'm sure some posters here have but 8 beers (especially american beer) in 3 hours wouldnt have me completely wasted at all. I'm also not a big guy by any means. That would get most people drunk, but youre allowed to be drunk at hockey games.

And I dont mean to rip on American beer guys, but I live right on the border and have drank my fair share, its just not the same as whats brewed up here in Canada eh

I can say from experience, that beers at the Pete this year are $9 from the tap, $12 from the can. $35 down there is worth about 3 beers so I'd expect people to probably neck 4 or 5. Plus it probably wont be endorsed by the Bolts as they only serve Bud or Miller I think (can't remember which one).

To slip off topic as well, Christmas Eve a friend bought a round of Blue Moon with orange slices in them and it was terrible. The beer wasn't too bad but this fool had to throw in the fruit slice :P Safe to say he didn't get a Christmas present for that one! From what I gather after my one and only tipple, is that it's like Hoegaarden, which is very lovely indeed.

And I dont mean to rip on American beer guys, but I live right on the border and have drank my fair share, its just not the same as whats brewed up here in Canada eh

You are delusional, my friend.

Unless you like those mass produced seltzer waters I referred to earlier...then maybe Canada does make it better, I don't know.

As far as actual beer, you would have to be completely out of your mind to think that Canada makes better beer than America. I'm sorry. You can find a world class example of pretty much every style there is produced by some American brewery.

You are delusional, my friend.

Unless you like those mass produced seltzer waters I referred to earlier...then maybe Canada does make it better, I don't know.

As far as actual beer, you would have to be completely out of your mind to think that Canada makes better beer than America. I'm sorry. You can find a world class example of pretty much every style there is produced by some American brewery.

Those seltzer waters arent seltzer waters in Canada is the point lol

I'm sure you can find a bunch of different beers in America that are under the radar, as you can in Canada. But the popular stuff isn't even close.