• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/17 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Sharks 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

I totally agree and he is an asset to the team. He plays hard, hits hard and is skilled. I dont think anyone would say he would play over 15 mins on a healthy team next year though. We need a few younger (26-28 yr old) Dmen that have at least 5 years of NHL experience that can play the point.

Smith will get there in a few years but we are going to have some serious holes next year. Unless the team concedes to rebuilding which is insane we need top flight guys over the summer.

I wouldn't be to quick to dismiss Smiths role next year. I think he's impressing the Wings brass. I'd give him his shot.

I don't know about anyone else but I couldn't help but think: Thank God we have Dan Cleary on this team, he's played so well he should probably be out there in OT.

Cleary and Holmstrom need to be sat. Holmstroms saving grace the last couple years is hes good on the PP. With the powerplay as bad as it is he brings nothing more to the table. He completely kills the energy guys on the line. Cleary....well nothing more needs to be said about him.

at least Homer is out there trying, and shows some ******* emotion. Dan ******* Cleary, dump the puck into the zone, to opposing team. ORRRR shoot the puck at such a terrible angle it has no chance of going in. Can we please just wave that useless piece of s*** already.

Holland probably is the best GM, but he has some frustrating flaws. The Red Wings, even when healthy, lack the firepower in the top-six to be a championship team IMO. This will be their downfall again in the playoffs I believe. A legitimate goal-scoring winger has been an area of need since Hossa left. Franzen doesn't care and Bertuzzi and Hudler are both too streaky to feel confident come playoff time.

In addition, the Red Wings currently have a 4th line that exhibits nothing you would expect from a typical 4th line. They aren't physical at all nor hard to play against. Some big bodies to wear down and punish the opponents defense for six minutes per game would be so much more valuable than throwing a "skilled" player like Emmerton into a checking role.

There's been too much status quo in the organization since 2008. Too many "we like our team" statements when the resources are there to improve around a strong foundation in place. I will cheer them on like always when the playoffs start, but I would be lying if I said I think they can win it all.

Ken Holland is the best GM in the league and about every other person that knows anything about the NHL would agree. The Red Wings are in a slump... it happens to every team! To top that, we have guys getting injured left and right... it is very hard to win when you are missing key players, and almost every game someone else is getting hurt... it messes lines up and so on. I am very confident with the fully armed and operational Red Wings team come playoff time.

The one thing that does bug me a LOT is DAN CLEARY! He does not deserve to wear a Red Wings uniform this season at all. I know his knee is effed up but that is affecting his game so much that he is REALLY BAD almost every shift. If that isn't bad enough, Babs puts Cleary with a returning from injury PASHA?! All that is gonna do is slow Pasha down because Cleary is useless. Pasha deserves a better linemate than CLEARY! IMO Miller has done his job fantastically this year and deserves to play with Pasha a hell of a lot more than Cleary. Cleary needs to be benched.

You have to admire the Wings effort to come back tonight and I am fully confident that we will win at least 7 or 8 of our remaining 10 games. Hopefully come Monday we get good news about Nick and then everything will fall into place. Have faith Wings fans we have a team full of guys who knows how to win... we will win.

He doesn't play like he is injured, he plays like someone who just doesn't give a f***. All the opposing team has to do when that f*** has the puck is just sit behind goalie because he's going to dump it to them, or just give a slight rub out and the puck is theres. Not to mention his defense is just pathetic, a small like wack with a stick and he feels that's about as much energy as he need to exert. f*** Dan Cleary, Every player in both locker rooms should just line up and be allowed to punch him in his stupid ******* face.

He doesn't play like he is injured, he plays like someone who just doesn't give a f***. All the opposing team has to do when that f*** has the puck is just sit behind goalie because he's going to dump it to them, or just give a slight rub out and the puck is theres. Not to mention his defense is just pathetic, a small like wack with a stick and he feels that's about as much energy as he need to exert. f*** Dan Cleary, Every player in both locker rooms should just line up and be allowed to punch him in his stupid ******* face.

So I take it you love Cleary and everything he stands for. Why don't you tell us how you really feel? I can't stand the way he plays either. He's so weak on the puck and the skates.

So I take it you love Cleary and everything he stands for. Why don't you tell us how you really feel? I can't stand the way he plays either. He's so weak on the puck and the skates.

Dan Cleary is such a bad player that it almost makes me think he is a bad person as well...

Is it just me or is this board starting to crack up?

Not saying it isn't warranted, but still.

No you are correct.

Two months ago I and I'm sure most members of this forum would have said that the Wings have a major chance to win the cup this year considering how we are playing. Especially our home play and how we have the number one seed pretty much locked up. Fast foreward to right now and we are on a huge decline and looking at the 4 Seed at best. That means we only have home guaranteed for one series. Realistically two series at most. And looking at our road performance this means we are screwed. I think a lot of people are realizing just how far and how fast the team slipped from being favorites to win the cup to an outside dark horse shot.

But hey, I am a huge believer in the "THE POST SEASON IS A BRAND NEW SEASON" theory and once you're in anything can happen. So I guess we should just see where we end up and be ready to give it our all. Metaphorically speaking since I can't be out there on the ice myself.

Three things:

A- I'm glad I zonked out while it was tied as this outcome against the Sharks was inevitable in any circumstance.

B- just reading Babcock's cliche/scripted post game quotes just makes me boil. Dude is a great coach but cannot motivate these guys to save his life.

C- In the spirit of "what have you done for me lately?" Holland goes on to the hit seat this offseason. He seems to always have an excuse. He can't just stand pat and watch everyone else get better. It's that simple.

I try not to complain too much because I have been more than spoiled by this team but I'm already ready to put this roller coaster season in the rear view mirror and it could still be far from over.

No you are correct.

Two months ago I and I'm sure most members of this forum would have said that the Wings have a major chance to win the cup this year considering how we are playing. Especially our home play and how we have the number one seed pretty much locked up. Fast foreward to right now and we are on a huge decline and looking at the 4 Seed at best. That means we only have home guaranteed for one series. Realistically two series at most. And looking at our road performance this means we are screwed. I think a lot of people are realizing just how far and how fast the team slipped from being favorites to win the cup to an outside dark horse shot.

But hey, I am a huge believer in the "THE POST SEASON IS A BRAND NEW SEASON" theory and once you're in anything can happen. So I guess we should just see where we end up and be ready to give it our all. Metaphorically speaking since I can't be out there on the ice myself.

Actually watched the game with an Avs fan (who was rooting for the Wings/need SJ to lose) and he said wow you're team is just terrible right now. I pretty much agreed, and was repeating some statements read on this board/HF, but then said it will be funny in about 2 weeks everyone will be back to talking about being cup favorites. Dan Cleary will still suck though... Just saying..

Only team worse then the Wings in the last month is the Leafs, and they won tonight.

Havlat with the winner lololololol. Way to fold.

Always like to stay strong with this team but they are just showing nothing, losing to a joke of a team tonight... pathetic.

Edited by Yak19

B- just reading Babcock's cliche/scripted post game quotes just makes me boil. Dude is a great coach but cannot motivate these guys to save his life.

Do you really think that Babcock would try to motivate the team through media? We have no idea how the things are and what is said in the locker room. It seems to me that some fans think this game is some sort of a movie where actors/athletes need to show their emotions directly to the camera/fans in order to create proper amount of drama.

Loss is a loss AGAIN. :thumbdown:

And to be honest all the negativity happens when teams lose especially with the way the Wings have been playing now injuries or not. And screw all the excuses of not having Dats or Lids. There will come a time when we won't have either of those players in our lineup.

I wouldn't call it a stretch but what are the chances of us not making the playoffs cause well everyone below us keeps winning minus us. I don't see us realistically losing the rest of the way out but hot damn.

AND PLAYOFFS EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS LIKE A DIFFERENT TEAM IS GOING TO SHOW UP?

lol. Yeah right

No you are correct.

...uh, think again. Nashville is only 2 points behind them with a game in hand. I said this at the deadline that St. Louis was charging and so was Nashville. Sure I probably spewed a bit more garbage than that because I was mad at no deal made, but it's now reality, I fully believe that the Wings will limp into the playoffs with the #5 seed.

Regarding the deadline, I know asking prices were high and there were a lot of teams in the mix, but they have only won 2 games since that day, sure injuries have hit, but the guys who the team relied upon so much to NOT make a deal have stunk up the ice. Outside of Zetterberg, Filppula, Helm, Abdelkader and lots of credit to Miller, this team has been downright awful. I do believe re-signing Bertuzzi was a mistake too. We will see what happens when Nick comes back, but something just isn't working and it's way too late to make that critical change that I think should have been addressed 3 weeks ago.

10 more games, the way they are playing right now, even when Nick comes back, I see 5-5 at best. It hurts to see this team play right now...it's time for the switch to be turned on...if it exists...

Loss is a loss AGAIN. :thumbdown:

And to be honest all the negativity happens when teams lose especially with the way the Wings have been playing now injuries or not. And screw all the excuses of not having Dats or Lids. There will come a time when we won't have either of those players in our lineup.

I wouldn't call it a stretch but what are the chances of us not making the playoffs cause well everyone below us keeps winning minus us. I don't see us realistically losing the rest of the way out but hot damn.

AND PLAYOFFS EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFFS LIKE A DIFFERENT TEAM IS GOING TO SHOW UP?

lol. Yeah right

This is what scares me...everyone who made fun of me a negged me last month is seeing reality. No, no one could have predicted this, but I think everyone refused to see how fast St. Louis and Nashville were gaining, and all it took was one loss at home after the streak to knock them off their "roll" and we are now seeing this team for all it's weaknesses. The powerplay is going to be the death of them. We can all look back and say shoulda coulda woulda, but fact is, NOTHING was addressed when it needed to be addressed. Is Holland a better hockey mind than most of us? Of course, but I wasn't the only one saying that the "Old Franzen" was not going to show up and Holland relied upon certain players to step it up, pick it up and carry this team enough to NOT make a deal at the deadline. Right now and in the near future, he may be regretting that...

Do you really think that Babcock would try to motivate the team through media? We have no idea how the things are and what is said in the locker room. It seems to me that some fans think this game is some sort of a movie where actors/athletes need to show their emotions directly to the camera/fans in order to create proper amount of drama.

I don't expect him to go all "Torts" and start a s***storm, but his teams desire isn't there and whatever he's doing behind the scenes isn't working. I like Babs, but maybe he needs to be more straight forward and not so passive aggressive.

As for the team, everyone knows how bad they're playing. People at work who don't even follow hockey are asking me what's going on with them. Being the talk of the league for being bad should be motivation enough, but who knows . . .

Cleary needs to GO! We got all that we could out of him for a few years but his time has come and gone. He's not nearly as physical as he used to be. Lastly, if he had the puck with his back to a gaping wide open net, he would slowly make a 180 degree turn, put the puck to his forhand, make sure it was settled, look up at the net, look back down at the puck, and then finally shoot. By then the goalie would have recovered and the opponents d would be all over him. It's as though he's lost all confidence in any ability he has. Rather than trying to make plays, he is just trying not to mess up!

The Wings are in trouble boys. We all know they'll turn it up a bit in the playoffs...but so will everybody else!

Cleary is playing on one leg. That fact seems to really be getting overlooked here.

Granted, I don't want Cleary playing on a line with Datsyuk either, but unless Nyquist comes back up, there aren't many other viable options left for an already depleted top-six unit.

Then sit his ass. If he is going to be this worthless then sit him. They had no problem letting Datsyuk (the best player in the league) have a surgery that could have waited until after the season, yet somehow Dan ******* Cleary needs to play through it?

Then sit his ass. If he is going to be this worthless then sit him. They had no problem letting Datsyuk (the best player in the league) have a surgery that could have waited until after the season, yet somehow Dan ******* Cleary needs to play through it?

I don't know for certain, but from what I have read it sounds like when Cleary gets surgery, it would be something that will have a longer recovery time than Pav's did.

I also think it's quite possible Cleary would be sitting still until the playoffs if the Red Wings weren't already so banged up at forward.

Probably the best option at this point seems to be just give Nyquist a chance to play with Datsyuk. The third line now has a void sadly with Helm likely out, so slide Cleary down and see what Nyquist can do with Pavel and Bertuzzi until Franzen is healthy/feels like playing again.

Edited by GoWings1905

I'm so, so disappointed in this team right now. I know we're suffering from some injuries, but people have to step up. The season's not over, it's not the end of the world, but it's still incredibly frustrating none the less.

The thing I don't understand is, why don't they bring up Nyquist and/or Tatar and/or Conner and sit guys like Holmstrom, Cleary or Bert a few games?

I'm not as worried as most seem to be, but I do think they need to shake this losing streak fast and some guys might need a break to get their gear in order.