• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

#341 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:06 AM

It wasn't goalie interference cause Abdelkader dropped the shark onto Howard. Him and Stuart were awful today.

I fear for our future if we don't get at least 2 defense men that can handle the front of the net...

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#342 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

And......the streak continues. Totally looks like last years team. I expect the same result.

#343 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

The double standard in this league for goaltender interference is sickening.

Got the point at least. In the wake of nothing else going right lately, I'm sure Helm will be out for awhile now.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#344 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

kings win

#345 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

Honestly, I can not put into words how much Cleary is a waste of space this year. Every Time he is out on the ice he does NOTHING, like on the OT goal there, he just waves his stick then is standing around and watches the goal go in....I just don't know what is wrong with him this year, but good lord has he been TERRIBLE this all season....

I have to fully agre 100% with you there. Usless can not express how much of a plug he is out there on the ice.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#346 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

I'm...concerned.

Agreed.

We're missing Franzen and our bottom pairing is Smith Janik. But the Wings should be able to overcome a little adversity.

#347 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

FWIW Abby had to make that hit, or that Shark would have likely scored.

#348 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

Jekyll and Hyde team again. I had so much confidence in this team during the home winning streak. Now? I worry about us winning more than one game in even the 1st round.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#349 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

as bad as the goaltender interference calls have been league wide this season and then they let that one go? I don't even know what to say anymore
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#350 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Minus me until the end of time but I am sick and tired of losing to this team. Jesus Christ, every game is different but if the GD Flames can walk into HP and beat them 4-1, makes me want to puke that they're lucky to grind out a point tonight.

#351 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,748 posts

Kings win at least.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#352 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

Ok, so they got a point. Datsyk's back. And they definitely put more shots on net. I'll go with that for now. Like I have a choice...:cool:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#353 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

And......the streak continues. Totally looks like last years team. I expect the same result.

Right now, and look at who we'll likely play in the first round, that's looking optimistic.

We need AT LEAST new two top 6 forwards this summer. 3 would be even more better.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#354 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Honestly, I can not put into words how much Cleary is a waste of space this year. Every Time he is out on the ice he does NOTHING, like on the OT goal there, he just waves his stick then is standing around and watches the goal go in....I just don't know what is wrong with him this year, but good lord has he been TERRIBLE this all season....

As soon as I saw him out there, I said to myself "wtf is he doing out there? ... watch San Jose will score". And sure enough. Babcock has a man-crush on Cleary which I have not been able to figure out all season.
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#355 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

It wasn't goalie interference cause Abdelkader dropped the shark onto Howard. Him and Stuart were awful today.

I fear for our future if we don't get at least 2 defense men that can handle the front of the net...

Should he have let that player score? Havlat shouldn't have been able to trail that play do easily. Abby was fine and the third line was good. IMO Mursak should have been moved up when Helm got injured.

#356 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

So glad this brutal West Coast road trip is over and done with. Now to drink my night away to the point that I forget about all those s***ty games. Next up the Caps on Monday. Ohh boy.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#357 Redwings-40-5

Redwings-40-5

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

The defense was soft as hell on that last play. Four defenders back surrounding their guy with the puck, and he still makes the play. :censored:

At least we got another point up on Nashville.

#358 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

Kronwall and Stuart playing 27 and 26 minutes. Quincey with 21.

We need some bodies back on D. Namely Lidstrom then, Ericsson. Lidstrom because he's Lidstrom, Ericsson can pick up PK minutes and allow the Wings to send Janik back to GR. He's a serviceable plug but it becomes apparent why Janik is a career AHLer.

#359 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

Should he have let that player score? Havlat shouldn't have been able to trail that play do easily. Abby was fine and the third line was good. IMO Mursak should have been moved up when Helm got injured.

Abdelkader shouldn't have been behind him in the first place, let alone keep pushing him into his own goaltender.

Bad defense all around. Abdelkader should not be on a 4 on 4 situation, especially against the Sharks.

Posted Image

#360 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Cleary and Holmstrom need to be sat. Holmstroms saving grace the last couple years is hes good on the PP. With the powerplay as bad as it is he brings nothing more to the table. He completely kills the energy guys on the line. Cleary....well nothing more needs to be said about him.