• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Let's hope the young beast is ok... We really need him if we wanna go anywhere in the playoffs.

Can we get one break please... in terms of good news on an injury

Ansar Khan ‏ @AnsarKhanMLive
Babcock said he does not know extent of Helm injury but that it didn't look good. Appeared to hurt his knee on Moore's thigh

Helene St. James ‏ @freepwings
Babcock says Helm doesn't look good, but info still scant

Helm probably a left knee or charley horse, happened when he went to hit Moore

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 18 March 2012 - 12:28 AM.

#2 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Let's hope the young beast is ok... We really need him if we wanna go anywhere in the playoffs.

Can we get one break please... in terms of good news on an injury

Babcock said he does not know extent of Helm injury but that it didn't look good. Appeared to hurt his knee on Moore's thigh

Babcock says Helm doesn't look good, but info still scant

Helm probably a left knee or charley horse, happened when he went to hit Moore

When will this end. Unbelievable how bad it is right now. We were solid all season long, and now that the playoffs are right around the coner BAM!!! I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Heal up Helmer, we need you.

Edited by Hatchet Barry, 18 March 2012 - 12:35 AM.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#3 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

Babcock said it wasn't a charlie horse in the postgame interview with Trevor Thompson. This does not look good.

#4 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

UH OH

Darren Helm limping, can't bend left leg, says pretty concerned, will be evaluated Monday

Helm walks out of room limping. Says he is in pain. Will have MRI on Monday. Doesn't know extent of injury

Edited by HockeytownRules19, 18 March 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#5 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

Thank God we have Dan Cleary still
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#6 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

we're f***ed without helm

#7 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

UH OH

Darren Helm limping, can't bend left leg, says pretty concerned, will be evaluated Monday

Helm walks out of room limping. Says he is in pain. Will have MRI on Monday. Doesn't know extent of injury

I like to wait a few days before I get injuries checked out as well....

#8 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

I'm really not trying to be all panicky at all but if it's a sprained MCL, regardless of grade, is Helm's season pretty much over? He'll need one month at least but then we've also painfully observed Kronwall and Zetterberg play less than their capabilities for months after they had the same injury. I wonder if the Wings might just shut him down in that case.

If it's his ACL then my perception is Helm's season is most likely over based on previous athletes who've needed surgery/recovery time from it.

#9 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

I like to wait a few days before I get injuries checked out as well....

Well, they're going to be flying back to Detroit Sunday - I know Red Bird One is impressive and all that, but I'm sure it doesn't have a full medical suite onboard...
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#10 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:50 AM

Even worse, if he is seriously injured it could affect his speed whenever he does return.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#11 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:10 AM

I wish bertuzzi would have kicked moors ass

#12 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

we're doomed if he's out long! pray people!!

#13 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

This is really bad news. It sounds serious, either MCL or ACL. This is terrible. :(

Even worse, if he is seriously injured it could affect his speed whenever he does return.

Maybe initially, but not long term. See Mursak, clearly he's not 100%, but at the start of next season we'll see him jet propelled again.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#14 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

Jeez this last month has been a nightmare. There's only a couple of weeks left, these injuries have to stop.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#15 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

Jeez this last month has been a nightmare. There's only a couple of weeks left, these injuries have to stop.

I have to agree. Winning the Stanley Cup takes a healthy squad. It looks like we were going to get everyone back by the playoffs. If Helm is out, that hurts.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#16 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

Somehow things keep going from bad to worse.

#17 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

This is really bad. Hoping for some positive results, but it looks like Helm may be out for some significant time.

Clearly, this is a major loss going forward. Outside of the big guns obviously, I think Helm is the most important forward on the team in the playoffs. He always ramps up the intensity and plays at a higher level when it counts. Not to mention, Helm is the most relentless and effective forechecker on a team lacking in that aspect. His speed and ability to put pressure on the defense is invaluable.

Helm also happens to be the best penalty killer on a crappy PK unit overall. Things are really going well for the Red Wings right now.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#18 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Well, they're going to be flying back to Detroit Sunday - I know Red Bird One is impressive and all that, but I'm sure it doesn't have a full medical suite onboard...

You think they would have some sort of hook up in San Jose though, it's not like it was some Rec league or something.

#19 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

You think they would have some sort of hook up in San Jose though, it's not like it was some Rec league or something.

The swelling likely had to subside. If he couldn't bend his knee that usually means the swelling is crazy or he has no ligaments left which I highly doubt. Almost all athletes wait a day at least until they get the MRI for that reason.

#20 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

well the playoffs can lick my nuts. can we just forfeit a few games to get healthy without losing more guys, its not like we put up major points in those games anyways.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?