• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Helm has MCL sprain, out 4-6 weeks

Rate this topic

Let's hope the young beast is ok... We really need him if we wanna go anywhere in the playoffs.

Can we get one break please... in terms of good news on an injury

Ansar Khan ‏ @AnsarKhanMLive

Babcock said he does not know extent of Helm injury but that it didn't look good. Appeared to hurt his knee on Moore's thigh

Helene St. James ‏ @freepwings

Babcock says Helm doesn't look good, but info still scant

Helm probably a left knee or charley horse, happened when he went to hit Moore

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Let's hope the young beast is ok... We really need him if we wanna go anywhere in the playoffs.

Can we get one break please... in terms of good news on an injury

Babcock said he does not know extent of Helm injury but that it didn't look good. Appeared to hurt his knee on Moore's thigh

Babcock says Helm doesn't look good, but info still scant

Helm probably a left knee or charley horse, happened when he went to hit Moore

When will this end. Unbelievable how bad it is right now. We were solid all season long, and now that the playoffs are right around the coner BAM!!! I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Heal up Helmer, we need you.

Edited by Hatchet Barry

UH OH

Darren Helm limping, can't bend left leg, says pretty concerned, will be evaluated Monday

Helm walks out of room limping. Says he is in pain. Will have MRI on Monday. Doesn't know extent of injury

Edited by HockeytownRules19

UH OH

Darren Helm limping, can't bend left leg, says pretty concerned, will be evaluated Monday

Helm walks out of room limping. Says he is in pain. Will have MRI on Monday. Doesn't know extent of injury

I like to wait a few days before I get injuries checked out as well....

I'm really not trying to be all panicky at all but if it's a sprained MCL, regardless of grade, is Helm's season pretty much over? He'll need one month at least but then we've also painfully observed Kronwall and Zetterberg play less than their capabilities for months after they had the same injury. I wonder if the Wings might just shut him down in that case.

If it's his ACL then my perception is Helm's season is most likely over based on previous athletes who've needed surgery/recovery time from it.

I like to wait a few days before I get injuries checked out as well....

Well, they're going to be flying back to Detroit Sunday - I know Red Bird One is impressive and all that, but I'm sure it doesn't have a full medical suite onboard...

This is really bad news. It sounds serious, either MCL or ACL. This is terrible. :(

Even worse, if he is seriously injured it could affect his speed whenever he does return.

Maybe initially, but not long term. See Mursak, clearly he's not 100%, but at the start of next season we'll see him jet propelled again.

Jeez this last month has been a nightmare. There's only a couple of weeks left, these injuries have to stop.

I have to agree. Winning the Stanley Cup takes a healthy squad. It looks like we were going to get everyone back by the playoffs. If Helm is out, that hurts.

This is really bad. Hoping for some positive results, but it looks like Helm may be out for some significant time.

Clearly, this is a major loss going forward. Outside of the big guns obviously, I think Helm is the most important forward on the team in the playoffs. He always ramps up the intensity and plays at a higher level when it counts. Not to mention, Helm is the most relentless and effective forechecker on a team lacking in that aspect. His speed and ability to put pressure on the defense is invaluable.

Helm also happens to be the best penalty killer on a crappy PK unit overall. Things are really going well for the Red Wings right now.

Well, they're going to be flying back to Detroit Sunday - I know Red Bird One is impressive and all that, but I'm sure it doesn't have a full medical suite onboard...

You think they would have some sort of hook up in San Jose though, it's not like it was some Rec league or something.

You think they would have some sort of hook up in San Jose though, it's not like it was some Rec league or something.

The swelling likely had to subside. If he couldn't bend his knee that usually means the swelling is crazy or he has no ligaments left which I highly doubt. Almost all athletes wait a day at least until they get the MRI for that reason.

Jesus this is ridiculous ... given how youthful and versatile Helm seems to be I cant help but think hes torn something up in his knee. If its just a shredded meniscus he might just have to get it scoped/shaved and could be back in a few weeks (in a perfect world). If its a torn ligament ... well, cya next summer kid. Abdelkader and Miller are going to have to step up their roles as energy players - and lets hope to gods that Lidstrom and Ericsson (yes, I said it) are back asap. Apparently E is progressing very well - with Lids bruise its a weird injury have had a few myself ... hell basically wake up one day and be good enough to play though the pain from the bruise will persist for months. Bruised my shin doing kickboxing last summer and couldn't even kick a bag with that leg for a good 4-6 weeks.

If you look at the replay of his injury very carefully you can see that the knee doesn't bend awkwardly like other ACL/MCL injuries. ACL injuries can spotted just by placing your hand on your good knee and comparing it to the bad one. I don't believe he has a tear in his knee based on the replay. I think he will be back in 2-3 weeks at the max.