#1 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

I hate to say it.

Crosby is the best player in the NHL.

Taking away that the Pens had won 9 games in a row before he came back, the last 2 games he has looked very sharp and made the Pens much better. 4 points in 2 games back after missing all that time is a feat in itself. I honestly can't say that any current Wing could have that kind of output after missing that amount of time, even Datsyuk (the goal last night was heartening, but he can't do it by himself).

I kinda envy the Pens fans right now. They are in a position that seriously makes them SC contenders when their season was in jeopardy a few months ago. And we are down because we might not get home ice advantage in the play-offs that we expect to be in year after year.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Referees

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#2 Frank the Tank

Frank the Tank

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

When he's healthy, no one is even close to Crosby. Not Malkin, not Giroux, not Dats, not Toews, not the Sedins, nobody.

Also, it's 5 points in 2 games since coming back.

Edited by Frank the Tank, 18 March 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#3 MDtizzle

MDtizzle

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

If he's not, who is? I've got pav goggles as much as anyone but realistically.. uh

#4 Frank the Tank

Frank the Tank

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:01 AM

If he's not, who is? I've got pav goggles as much as anyone but realistically.. uh

yep, pretty much.

#5 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:16 AM

Crosby is the best offensive player in the NHL.

I edited that to make it right for you. Since offense is the easiest thing to measure people jump to the conclusion that hes the best. Red Wings glasses off hes still behind Pav if you put there all around games up against each other. Besides come playoff time when the hitting picks up I give Crosby a 50/50 shot of lasting the rest of the season. His career is a lot closer to being over than Pavs.

#6 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:46 AM

this season Malkin, last season Malkin/Sedins/Crosby, two seasons ago Ovechkin/Datsyuk, three seasons ago Crosby. Say what you want but to be the best player in the game you have to be able to play the game (be healthy). Crosby has all the potential to be the best.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#7 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

He's. Not even the best player kn bis team so m...

#8 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Yes I can't stand him however, when he's healthy he is the best offensive player in the game. The NHL needs it's star players to shine imo.

#9 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Crosby is arguably the best offensive player in the game right now. But He's not far and away better than others. Gotta be careful how we can get carried away with that. There are talents close to that level as well in the NHL.

With that said, I'm looking forward to him getting Kronwalled in the finals :).
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#10 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

He may have great offense, but he doesn't have the defense to warrant him as the best player in the NHL. You have to be able to do both well for me to consider you the best.

#11 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,519 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

17 pts, +12 in 10 games. Pretty impressive after all the time he's missed. What he showed before getting hurt last year and in the small sample size this year, no one is even close offensively. He's good defensively as well, just not the best. Why do so many people try to argue defensive ability is so much more important than offensive when you are talking about best all-around forward? I can understand when you are talking about a one-dimensional player, but he's not.

Another point of reference....the players voted him the best a few weeks ago even though he had only played 8 games a few months before the poll.

#12 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,519 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

Crosby is arguably the best offensive player in the game right now. But He's not far and away better than others. Gotta be careful how we can get carried away with that. There are talents close to that level as well in the NHL.

With that said, I'm looking forward to him getting Kronwalled in the finals :).

If you are talking pure offensively, yes, he is far and away better. If he hadn't gotten hurt last year, he would likely have scored close to 65 goals and won the scoring title by 30+ points. If healthy this year, probably even more than that.

#13 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,817 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

is he playing again?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#14 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,519 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

Somewhat related, funny thing as a Winnipeg vs. Washington game the other day

Chant

#15 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

He may have great offense, but he doesn't have the defense to warrant him as the best player in the NHL. You have to be able to do both well for me to consider you the best.

He can hold his own easily on defense, and has been getting better.

Honestly, how long are people going to parrot that nonsense until they realize it isn't 2008 anymore?

Posted Image

#16 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Easily the best offensive player in the league.

A few years ago, Ovechkin and Malkin could compete with him for an Art Ross trophy, but a healthy Crosby would win the Art Ross easily the last two years.

His work ethic and ability to read plays put him over the top.

He can hold his own easily on defense, and has been getting better.

Honestly, how long are people going to parrot that nonsense until they realize it isn't 2008 anymore?

Doesn't everyone on LGW think it's still 2008?

s***, I bet there's still posters here who think Zetterberg is better than Crosby.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#17 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Another point of reference....the players voted him the best a few weeks ago even though he had only played 8 games a few months before the poll.

A small fraction of the players did. If I remember right it was just a max of 5 players per team were asked in that poll. Your statement of "the players voted him" is only correct if all players are included. Good ol Canadian boys are more likely to vote for Crosby. Russians more likely to vote for Datsyuk. What if they only asked Canadians? Theres no way to know.

#18 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:51 AM

Crosby is Marc Savard :ph34r:
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#19 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

I really loved him in the movie White Christmas. My family watches it every year during the holidays. It's a tradition. I will say, as much as I love the song White Christmas, Christmas in Killarney is a lot of fun.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#20 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

The difference between Crosby and Datsyuk's offensive game is greater than the difference in their defensive game. Crosby is easily the best player in the league, and Datsyuk is a perhaps close but definitive 2nd. NHL players agree in a recent poll they did and of course they're a better sample than a bunch of us Red Wings fans. :hehe: