• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Dynasty

Crosby

Rate this topic

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Zetterberg is especially adept at shutting down Crosby.

Well I think it's fair to say that Zetterberg WAS adept at shutting down Crosby. The last time we saw him do that was in like 2010? Things change and while I still proclaim Z as my favorite player I feel like I need to see him shut down Sid again before I can really believe he can still do it.

Rather than argue against your "logic", can you answer the question I asked? Do you think henri Richard is the best player of all time?

The question HERE is is Crosby the best player in the NHL not is he the best of all time. So to ANSWER YOUR QUESTION no I don't think Henri Richard is the best player of all time. The way I define the best player in the NHL is being a team guy. This is a team sport so despite all of Crosby's accomplishments he's only led his team to 1 Stanley Cup so far. In the end the Cup is the only thing that matters, not your money made or all the goals you score or records broke. When a player looks back on their career their going to see how many Stanley Cups they won or didn't win. A player can win numerouse individual player awards in their career but I bet if you ask 90% of the now retired players that never won a single Stanley Cup if they would give back all of their individual player trophies they've won througout their entire career for 1 Stanley Cup I bet they'd say yes that they would give all that up for 1 Cup. That's how I think. I'm not denying that Crosby is one of the greats right now and I'm not even saying he couldn't be the best player in the NHL but I SEE The Stanley Cup as being the ultimate prize and the ultimate goal in a players Career. Yes it matters the kind of team you're on to win a Cup or multiple Cups but this is a team sport and no one player can do it all.... Not even everyone's favorite little boy Mr. Face Of The NHL Sidney Crosby. Does he have the ability to be the greatest player of all-time in the NHL yes I'm sure he does, he's a special player with a ton of talent and skill but there is a long list of players that have already proven they are or were one of the best in the NHL. Crosby can most likely lead the Pens to multiple Cups in his career and be defined as one of if not the greatest players in the NHL of All-Time or not, right now I say he isn't. Lidstrom has 4 Stanley Cups and yes has been on a great team to win those 4 Stanley Cups but as I said this is a team sport and no one player can do it all and win the Cup for his team. What I'm saying is I've seen a lot of great players come and go in this league that have and haven't won Stanley Cups but have broke scoring records and won player numerous player awards and such that in my mind Crosby isn't there yet. Right now in my mind Pavel Datsyuk is a greater player in the NHL than Crosby becasue he's got 2 Cups. So the way I see a great player is can he be a part of a team and help lead his team to One or More Stanley Cups and that the Cup is the Ultimate in Hockey. That's just how I see this topic. I don't appreciate being told my way of thinking is flawed. I'm fine with someone not agreeing with me or having a difference in opnion and discuss it intlectually but how a person thinks is just how they think wether it's right or wrong. Now I'm done with this topic if you want to discuss it further you can message me or whatever but now that I've spoke my mind I'm leaving this alone so I won't be checking this one again.

Well I think it's fair to say that Zetterberg WAS adept at shutting down Crosby. The last time we saw him do that was in like 2010? Things change and while I still proclaim Z as my favorite player I feel like I need to see him shut down Sid again before I can really believe he can still do it.

Not Zetterberg's fault Crosby has been injured since.

Every time we played s***sburgh in the playoffs Z OWNED that sissy boy. Z has had a slow start this season but he has been a monster with all these injuries. One of the few who has stepped up to the plate with key players out. I think if we meet the pens this year Z will show again how effectively he can shut down the so called 'best player in the league'

Besides, the best player in the league isn't Crosby, it's Lidstrom and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that yet.

Well stop reading it mate, and take your own advice and stop posting in it!

Fact is, we Wings fans have a love/hate relationship with Crosby - we love to hate him. And in our heart of hearts, most of us know that he is probly the best player in the NHL right now, we just can't/won't admit it. That;s what happens when you're a whiny entitlement ***** who gets relentlessly shoved down the hockey worlds throat.