• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Dynasty

Crosby

Rate this topic

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As much as I dislike the kid's attitude and the level of media attention he receives, there is no way that I can deny Crosby's status as the elite talent of his generation. Not taking anything away from Datsyuk, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, or any of the other names that have been brought up, but Sid, like other generational talents, just seems to have an extra gear that others don't have. Aside from the personality issues that have been well discussed, he doesn't really have any weaknesses in his game anymore. Let's not forget, before his concussion last season, he was on pace to break 60 goals and 130 points, plus he has improved significantly on face-offs and defense (not to Datsyuk's level, but still better than he was a couple years ago), so IMO he is the best player in the game right now when healthy.

Edited by McAwesome

As much as I dislike the kid's attitude and the level of media attention he receives, there is no way that I can deny Crosby's status as the elite talent of his generation. Not taking anything away from Datsyuk, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, or any of the other names that have been brought up, but Sid, like other generational talents, just seems to have an extra gear that others don't have. Aside from the personality issues that have been well discussed, he doesn't really have any weaknesses in his game anymore. Let's not forget, before his concussion last season, he was on pace to break 60 goals and 130 points, plus he has improved significantly on face-offs and defense (not to Datsyuk's level, but still better than he was a couple years ago), so IMO he is the best player in the game right now when healthy.

This.

He has a douchiness that seems to come from his every pore while playing on the ice, but that doesn't mean he's not incredibly talented. And dedicated. Unlike Ovechkin, Crosby keeps working on areas of his game and improving every year. And he's only 24.

The only real question is his noggin. As much as I want someone to punch his fat whiny face when I watch him play, as a hockey fan it'd be a shame if we didn't get to see what he was capable of in a full career.

Come one, anyone who says he isn't the best is only a Wings homer. I love Datsyuk, but if you wouldn't have Crosby over Datsyuk, you're crazy. Is Pav's defense better? Of course, but not so much that it overshadows Crosby's offense.

So we're judging "best" based on 10 game sample sizes now? Ooh, ooh, I can play that game too! Malkin's the best! No, wait, I mean Stamkos! Perry! Gagner!!!

10 games over 14 months doth not a best player make. Considering he's probably one hard hit away from the end of his career, the jury's most definitely still out on this one. And FWIW, Philly's neutralized him today.

Come on ....it's not 10 games....he has been the best or in the conversation since 2005. I don't like the kid- he is arrogant and a whiner but when healthy, he is the best player in the NHL. No need for a sample size on that.

So we're judging "best" based on 10 game sample sizes now? Ooh, ooh, I can play that game too! Malkin's the best! No, wait, I mean Stamkos! Perry! Gagner!!!

10 games over 14 months doth not a best player make. Considering he's probably one hard hit away from the end of his career, the jury's most definitely still out on this one. And FWIW, Philly's neutralized him today.

yep it's just over 10 games, oh wait...

Regular Season: 422 GP, 217 G, 327 A, 1.40 PPG, +77,

Playoffs: 62 GP, 30 G, 52 A, 1.32 PPG, +22

Hart Trophy, Art Ross Trophy, Lester B Pearson Award, Stanley Cup champion, 24 years old

Edited by Frank the Tank

I'm looking forward to him getting Kronwalled in the finals :).

I don't think Bettman or the Hockey Gods will let that happen.

If Kronner gets him like he did Voracek or Havlat then I wonder if that could really put Sid out of the game.

Maybe it's not all that likely because he's a center and perhaps doesn't spend as much time skating up the wing like so many of Kronwall's victims but we've seen Kesler, Briere and Bonk get hit at least.

I hate to admit it, but yeah he's the best player in the league. It's just his on-ice attitude that makes him unlikeable by non-Pens fans. Hopefully after missing so much time from concussion issues he'll learn to tone down the temper tantrums and just go out and play. I doubt he wants to bring about the wrath of some goon that just wants to take his head off.

I hate to admit it, but yeah he's the best player in the league. It's just his on-ice attitude that makes him unlikeable by non-Pens fans. Hopefully after missing so much time from concussion issues he'll learn to tone down the temper tantrums and just go out and play. I doubt he wants to bring about the wrath of some goon that just wants to take his head off.

Certainly didn't stop him when he came back the first time. He would get touched, hit the ice and then glare at the ref for a call. Maybe this time it'll be different, who knows.

Certainly didn't stop him when he came back the first time. He would get touched, hit the ice and then glare at the ref for a call. Maybe this time it'll be different, who knows.

Well, that's why I said "hopefully." Sooner or later it will click for him that if he wants to avoid sitting out half of a season again he needs to stop with the flopping around and little cheap shots after the whistle. If he cuts down the unnecessary contact he'll last longer.

Well, that's why I said "hopefully." Sooner or later it will click for him that if he wants to avoid sitting out half of a season again he needs to stop with the flopping around and little cheap shots after the whistle. If he cuts down the unnecessary contact he'll last longer.

Read during one of the game recaps that he decided to knee Jagr (unpenalized, of course), so it might still be too much to ask. Actually, there seemed to be a whole lot of cheapshotting going on from the Pens yesterday, particularly from Letang and Malkin.

I strongly dislike Crosby. Personal bias aside, he is still NOT the best player in the league. Plus he is a terrible role model for all talented young hockey players out there with his on ice jack-assery. Booooooo!

I don't like him either, but who is better?

Crosby? Man that's a name I haven't heard in a few good minutes :sly:

There should be a poll "What player gets talked about annoyingly too much in the NHL".

Yeah he's a great player, I get it. Not trying to be rude but it's like the Crosby plague lately, can't get away from hearing about this guy if you want to or not.

Crosby is incredibly talented, no denying that. I think it comes down to how much weight you give defensive ability (something Wings fans probably over weigh because of Pavel's great skill in that area) and to me also a player's ability to longevity, both throughout a season and throughout a career. I think Crosby is hands down the most offensively talented and vastly improved his defensive skills, he just needs to be able to play more games.

I really loved him in the movie White Christmas. My family watches it every year during the holidays. It's a tradition. I will say, as much as I love the song White Christmas, Christmas in Killarney is a lot of fun.

Sorry for the -1, I meant to give you a +1 but was laughing and hit the neg on accident. :blush:

The Pens are my second favorite NHL team, but my feelings on Crosby are very mixed, I wouldn't say he's the best player in the NHL I personally wouldn't say hes the best player on his team. Is he a great player? Yes he is. My biggest problem with Crosby is they automatically made him the greatest player ever, or so it seemed after the lockout. I'm glad the kid didn't have to retire, no young athlete should have to suffer from an early career ending injury, especially one as serious as concussion. He still annoys the hell outta me.

Minus Datsyuk. I'll take Crosby over any other player in the NHL anyday. He's already got more assists than all but 3 guys on the Wings. He's only played 12 games. 4 points tonight. Alot more fun to watch than Franzen show up for maybe 20 minutes of actual game play a season and to see Zetterberg struggle to keep up, Hudler getting pushed around, and Emmerton doing whatever he does... Wings need a whole sale change. This is boring.

Why does Crosby have to be better defensively than Datsyuk in order to be considered the best player in the league?

So if Crosby is on pace to finish say 40 points ahead of Datsyuk if they both played full seasons, people would still say Pavel is better because he's better defensively.

I mean Gretzky and Lemieux weren't better two way players than Messier, but what idiot would say he was better than those guys?

I just don't get that argument. Sure Pavel is a better two way player than Crosby, but so are many other players in the league. Being the best two-way forward doesn't necessarily make you the best player in the league if one guy is just that much better offensively.

Minus Datsyuk. I'll take Crosby over any other player in the NHL anyday. He's already got more assists than all but 3 guys on the Wings. He's only played 12 games. 4 points tonight. Alot more fun to watch than Franzen show up for maybe 20 minutes of actual game play a season and to see Zetterberg struggle to keep up, Hudler getting pushed around, and Emmerton doing whatever he does... Wings need a whole sale change. This is boring.

Yeah, it's shocking that the best player in the game is more exciting than Emmerton (and Hudler, Franzen and Zetterberg). :rolleyes: