• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VM1138

Do the Pens Have the Cup Locked Up?

Rate this topic

It is situations culminated together like this that can win or lose a serious for you, regardless of talent.

Look at the 1996 Wings. The 2009 Sharks. The 2009 Wings for f***s sake. Anything goes in the playoffs and anyone has a chance to beat anyone. I don't care how good the Penguins are right now. They will never be the lock to win the cup until they win the deciding game in the Cup Finals.

Told you guys.

One of the aspects of a class team is how they handle adversity. Especially when it's to the degree that's happened to the Pens. Could there be any worse example of how they fail at this? Unless maybe they killed a Flyer? If it weren't so delicious to watch them implode, you'd have to shield your eyes from the carnage.

One of the aspects of a class team is how they handle adversity. Especially when it's to the degree that's happened to the Pens. Could there be any worse example of how they fail at this? Unless maybe they killed a Flyer? If it weren't so delicious to watch them implode, you'd have to shield your eyes from the carnage.

I'm glad I saw this game. Now, when the Wings are playing bad, and I start wishing we had some tough guys to "make them pay for beating the Wings," I can remember this game and know that I really don't want the Detroit Red Wings to be like that.

The parts of the game I saw yesterday wasn't even hockey. Beyond out of control and obnoxious.

I am not saying I do not like physical play or fighting or sending a message, so don't even go there putting words in my mouth. All for that.

Hell, when the Wings-Avs series was heated in the late 90s/early 2000s, other than the Kozlov-Foote and Lemieux-Draper incidents, even when fights broke out and the few en masse fights broke out, it was never to me this out of control or just going beyond dirty cheap shots like what I saw yesterday. Am I off base on this at all or comparing completely different things?

I haven't seen all 3 games in-depth but seeing some of the highlights I would think some of the Flyers are guilty some of the dirty cheap shot type, but two specifics on the Penguins end I'm talking about is Asham's cheap shotting in the 2nd period to the Flyers high but solid hit by #10 (forgot his name), and Crosby yanking Hartnell's hair back and tossing the guy's glove aside with him right by it ready to pick it up.

And everyone laughed at me when I said "Flyers in 5".

BTW, the hockey media tide seems to be turning once again on Sid's maturity. It's extremely entertaining, especially considering all those people who defended him saying, "Oh, he was only like that his first couple seasons..."

And everyone laughed at me when I said "Flyers in 5".

BTW, the hockey media tide seems to be turning once again on Sid's maturity. It's extremely entertaining, especially considering all those people who defended him saying, "Oh, he was only like that his first couple seasons..."

Or the classic, "He's just a competitive and feisty kid and sometimes it comes out in ways people don't understand."