• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VM1138

Do the Pens Have the Cup Locked Up?

Rate this topic

"Hey, I haven't seen my name in the headlines in awhile, so...": TSN.

I don't know if it's Lemieux's need to stick his nose in this time, as much as it's journalists throwing his quote from last season back in his face after how his team behaved.

After the Islanders game last season he said:

"Hockey is a tough, physical game, and it always should be. But what happened Friday night on Long Island wasn't hockey. It was a travesty. It was painful to watch the game I love turn into a sideshow like that.

"The NHL had a chance to send a clear and strong message that those kinds of actions are unacceptable and embarrassing to the sport. It failed.

"We, as a league, must do a better job of protecting the integrity of the game and the safety of our players. We must make it clear that those kinds of actions will not be tolerated and will be met with meaningful disciplinary action."

And man is it taking a long time for these suspensions to get handed out.

I don't know if it's Lemieux's need to stick his nose in this time, as much as it's journalists throwing his quote from last season back in his face after how his team behaved.

After the Islanders game last season he said:

And man is it taking a long time for these suspensions to get handed out.

I'm sure he won't be issuing an official statement, as he declined any further comments to the press. He's always looking what is good for the organization and what is best for him, which is obvious and you would expect a majority co-owner to speak that way. But, it comes to a point inwhich you just look silly. After issuing his statement against the Islander game inwhich the Penguins got blown out 9-3 (i believe) and there was like 359 PIM issued, you would ONLY EXPECT him to redeem some credibility and release a statement concerning a similar game inwhich THEY got blown out 8-5 and there was more than a luxury amount of PIM.