• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

I don't really care if they do or if they don't. I don't concern myself with the goings on of teams that aren't the Detroit Red Wings.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#42 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

If the playoffs start as the standings are currently, if the top 4 teams in the east move on to the 2nd round, the Penguins potential opponents in the east are the Flyers, Rangers, and if they make it past those 2, the ECF would be Pens/Bruins. If they win the cup, they'll certainly have to earn their way against the 3 toughest (physically and skilled) teams the east has to offer. here's hoping that the Flyers beat the piss out of them and win or they soften them up for the Rangers/Bruins.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#43 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

I don't really care if they do or if they don't. I don't concern myself with the goings on of teams that aren't the Detroit Red Wings.

Lol why did you get negged for a simple, honest response?

To say the Pens have the cup locked up is kinda ridiculous. They may be one of the favorites but nobody is a lock and that's why they play the games. I know Crosby doesn't look rusty now which is insane considering how many games he has missed but the playoffs are a different beast and I will be interested to see if he will still be able to match the high tempo of play as everyone else for 4 full rounds.

#44 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Nope they don't. Anything can happen come playoff time
IPB Image

#45 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Plus Letang's injured again.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#46 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

I guess the Pens suck too just like the wings... have lost 3 of 4... including an 8-4 loss at Ottawa and now after tonight's loss, lost both games of a home and home with the Islanders... I bet they are freaking out too :rolleyes:

Come on guys, we know the wings are a really good team... Let's get after the Preds tomorrow!

#47 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

I think they're still the favorite though right? Not that it means anything.

#48 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

Lol why did you get negged for a simple, honest response?

You got me swingin'. Not to put too fine a point on it, but no one has the Cup locked up until there's 30 seconds left in the 3rd period of the clinching game and the winning team has a >1 goal lead. Anything can happen. Cliche yes, but it's a cliche for a reason. Crappy teams can come out of nowhere and win everything, while world-beaters can get their asses handed to them. We've seen it happen to us, we've seen it happen to other teams.

So tell me again why we're worried what Pittsburgh is doing? We wouldn't theoretically see them until the Cup finals anyway, should we progress that far. It's not like we're talking about a potential WC opponent.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#49 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Does a team that plans on winning the Stanley Cup have to be playing well going into the playoffs? If the six previous seasons since the 2004-05 NHL lockout is an indication the answer is yes.

Only the 2005-06 champion Carolina Hurricanes had piled up fewer than 10 wins in their final 20 games of the season. The 2006-07 Anaheim Ducks (13-3-4), 2007-08 Detroit Red Wings (12-6-2), 2008-09 Pittsburgh Penguins (15-3-2), 2009-10 Chicago Blackhawks (11-6-3) and Boston Bruins (10-6-4) all put together 24-or-more point finishes in their final 20 games.

Interestingly, the two hottest teams entering the playoffs will clash in the first round this spring.

Here are the final 20-game segments for the 16 teams that made the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs:

Pittsburgh 15-4-1--31 points

Philadelphia 13-5-2--28 points

New Jersey 13-5-2--28 points

Chicago 12-4-4--28 points

Los Angeles 12-5-3--27 points

St. Louis 11-5-4--26 points

Nashville 12-7-1--25 points

Vancouver 11-6-3--25 points

Washington 11-6-3--25 points

Phoenix 10-6-4--24 points

Boston 11-8-1--23 points

San Jose 10-7-3--23 points

Florida 8-6-6--22 points

NY Rangers 10-9-1--21 points

Ottawa 9-9-2--20 points

Detroit 7-10-3--17 points -- Yikes, :angry:.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...-on-a-roll.html

Hmm... Interesting theory.

#50 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

No, for crying out loud, I do not think the Pens have the Cup locked up. What wins the cup is hard work and a lot of luck. Anyone has a shot or they all would give up and give it to the team the idiot media predicts will get it.

#51 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

So........................

#52 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

So........................

Yeah....................

#53 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,191 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

*crickets*

Don't Toews me, bro!

#54 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

The only thing they got going for them at this moment is probably the first tee times of any NHL playoff team. I've heard most of the Penguins are pretty good golfers :P

#55 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

No.

#56 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

<breathe>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

#57 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

I gotta admit the only time I really pay attention to them is when they start making total fools of themselves. Which seems to be what they're doing. And then I just eat that s*** up. They are horrible losers. Hopefully in every sense of the word.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#58 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Gotta love those early prognosticators, don't you?

#59 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

So much for those "smart" hockey media types.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#60 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

Loved how this thread is brought back up :D