2 replies to this topic

#1 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Peyton Manning To Broncos

Per Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Peyton Manning has made his decision ... and he's taking his talent to the Mile High City. Mort reported that Manning had advised agent Tom Condon to wrap up negotiations on what is believed to be a five-year, $95 million offer. The belief is, according to multiple reports, that the Broncos will now try to trade quarterback Tim Tebow.

Wow, huge news in the football world today.

#2 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

Good place for him. Good offensive line especially with Clady on his blindside, decent receivers and a good defense. I still think he should've played for the Niners but apparently he doesn't want to have to play against his little brother in the playoffs.

Looks like he's going to try and get some players away from the Colts like Saturday, Addai and Clark. Would make Denver even better.

Smart of Manning though to not join Miami. He'd have to battle Brady, the Jets and an improved Bills team that added Mario Williams twice a season, making it harder to get to the playoffs. I guess Miami traded Marshall away in order to have enough cap room to sign Manning. Probably not the player they should've dealt that would've given Manning a real weapon offensively. They'll probably have to rebuild again after dealing Marshall and missing out on Flynn.

As for Tebow, I think they should keep him instead of dealing him. Manning would be a great mentor to him in helping him read offenses and would benefit him as a replacement when Manning retires. If they do deal him, I don't know where else he would be as successful. He'd have to go to Jacksonville just to help the team business-wise.

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 20 March 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#3 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

Congrats to Peyton, one of the great people in football. Best of luck to Tebow, another great person, in his new gig in New York.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users