• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/19 GDT : Capitals 5 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Like I said..........get rid of Holland. Once the season ticket holders start complaining and cancelling.........he'll be gone and hopefully take Babcock with 'em. One of worst inspirational motivators in professional sports.

Bring in Larionov as Head Coach...Fetisov as an assistant!

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that's what they were playing for already. This is worse than Suck for Luck in the NFL.

I am confident the Sharks will pass the Stars, which means we would play them if we finished in 6th place. We all know what happens when we play the Sharks in the playoffs.

He should have gotten that message the last two summers.

It's too bad we let Yzerman go when he did. This offseason would have been a good time to push Holland out the door. But I guess Stevie couldn't wait that long.

Hopefully, by that time, Holland will no longer be with the organization.

Ps. We need a bigger tougher team going forward - hopefully Holland adresses this over the summer. You know why teams like the Blues/Preds/Rags never hit listless slumps and seem to truck along winning a pair, losing one, winning three, losing one, etc etc? Because as well as having skilled players they have bodies that are big, fast, tenacious which allows them to play a physical game when the bounces arent s there and pucks arent going in. Im not talking a total makeover - Im talking just having a fourth line with that has a blend of speed, size, hitting, maybe a scrapper, and the ability to bang in a few timely goals.

Holmstrom is slower than a glacier, Emmerton is small and physical as a basket of kittens, and Mursak works his ass off and Im happy with his role. Holmers hooking, slashing, interference, and goalie interference calls are becoming ridiculous - even on a PP his reputation precedes him so badly that hes a liability on most goals just because hell never get the benefit of the doubt.

OMG shut up with the holland remarks... u honestly sound RETARDED!!! The funny thing is back at the beginning of the year when the Wings were going through a similar funk, everyone was saying the exact same things because it seemed like the end of the world. Now we are in another small funk (This time largely cuz of injuries) and you are all at it again. When the team gets going again and starts racking up W's, the same people saying retarded things about Holland and Babcock and whoever else will be PRAISING them... honestly if your a fan of the team than support it all the time, not just when its playing well!

I am confident the Sharks will pass the Stars, which means we would play them if we finished in 6th place. We all know what happens when we play the Sharks in the playoffs.

Well ... there's no team that the Wings would beat right now. Nashville, San Jose, Chicago, Dallas -- it won't matter unless something changes big time in the next 3 weeks.

I'd rather play Dallas in the first round then Nashville, Vancouver or St. Louis.

That's what this team should play for the rest of the regular season.

This might sound crazy...but I'm fine with us losing and the Hawks winning...let them have the 5 seed and be in a dogfight with the Preds...I'll gladly take the 6 seed and play Dallas, Phx, or whomever from that division. I think not having home ice would finally wake the team up once they are healthy...if ever!

Ps. We need a bigger tougher team going forward - hopefully Holland adresses this over the summer. You know why teams like the Blues/Preds/Rags never hit listless slumps and seem to truck along winning a pair, losing one, winning three, losing one, etc etc? Because as well as having skilled players they have bodies that are big, fast, tenacious which allows them to play a physical game when the bounces arent s there and pucks arent going in. Im not talking a total makeover - Im talking just having a fourth line with that has a blend of speed, size, hitting, maybe a scrapper, and the ability to bang in a few timely goals.

Holmstrom is slower than a glacier, Emmerton is small and physical as a basket of kittens, and Mursak works his ass off and Im happy with his role. Holmers hooking, slashing, interference, and goalie interference calls are becoming ridiculous - even on a PP his reputation precedes him so badly that hes a liability on most goals just because hell never get the benefit of the doubt.

"Bigger, tougher" is the go-to solution, yet that's not the problem this team has. It's no hustle, no heart, no scoring depth. Having a team full of 9 goal scorers may keep you up among the top in team scoring, but it doesn't win you a lot of games.

More than anything else they need fresh blood (more than just one mid-range player) to change the forward corps dynamic. Bigger and tougher wouldn't hurt, but that's not what's stopping them from playing good consistently.

Here's a hypothetical, just to see what you guys think. Imagine our team with Nyquist in for Hudler, and a bottom six of Miller-Helm-Eaves, and a healthy Cleary-Abdelkader-Mursak, with the same top line. How much better does that look than what we're fielding now? However, in the short term I think Nyquist should stay in for Cleary when Franzen is back, and have Abdelkader centering the fourth line when Helm is back...ugh.

Guest irishock

Canucks lose 1-0 to Wild. The Blues pretty much have the presidents locked up for good now.

Here's a hypothetical, just to see what you guys think. Imagine our team with Nyquist in for Hudler, and a bottom six of Miller-Helm-Eaves, and a healthy Cleary-Abdelkader-Mursak, with the same top line. How much better does that look than what we're fielding now? However, in the short term I think Nyquist should stay in for Cleary when Franzen is back, and have Abdelkader centering the fourth line when Helm is back...ugh.

My two cents (not that it matters) is that you have to keep Hudler out there because he's one of the few guys that's randomly capable of scoring a goal. I'd prefer to get Emmerton or Holmstrom out of there -- I don't think either really brings anything to the table right now.

My two cents (not that it matters) is that you have to keep Hudler out there because he's one of the few guys that's randomly capable of scoring a goal. I'd prefer to get Emmerton or Holmstrom out of there -- I don't think either really brings anything to the table right now.

I honestly don't really have too much of a problem with Hudler, but I do think he's a fairly opportunistic scorer who gets a lot of goals based on Flip and Z's hard work. Given his speed and skill set, I don't see why Nyquist wouldn't be able to put up around 20 goals on a line with those two. But again, I don't hate Hudler or anything, he just is what he is.

I honestly don't really have too much of a problem with Hudler, but I do think he's a fairly opportunistic scorer who gets a lot of goals based on Flip and Z's hard work. Given his speed and skill set, I don't see why Nyquist wouldn't be able to put up around 20 goals on a line with those two. But again, I don't hate Hudler or anything, he just is what he is.

I think the biggest problem is you could remove about 5 or 6 different guys in our line up and most fans won't give a s***. That should not be the case, 1 maybe 2 should be ok, not: Emmerton, Cleary, Homer, Abby, Bert, Hudler, and sometimes Mule

Edited by ben_usmc

Overall I don't think Hudler is bad either, or didn't until a few weeks ago. He just looks like he is floating around, taking a lazy penalty, while Z/Flip work their asses off.

I really don't dislike Emmerton either, he was a midseason unexpected rookie call up, his biggest problem is he brings nothing to the table that makes him worth keeping either. However I'd be willing to give him a little more time to prove himself with less s***ty teamates.

I think the biggest problem is you could remove about 5 or 6 different guys in our line up and most fans won't give a s***. That should not be the case, 1 maybe 2 should be ok, not: Emmerton, Cleary, Homer, Abby, Bert, Hudler, and sometimes Mule

Well I don't really want to get carried away and suggest we remove half the team or anything, but I think a healthy Cleary and Adbelkader replacing Emmerton and Holmer on the fourth is a huge improvment, and Eaves or Nyquist on the other wing with Helm and Miller is an improvement. That's only replacing two, which is more manageable. I get as frustrated with inconsistent play as most people do, and would love to see the wings making a big splash in free agency, but being the minimalist I am, I'm just trying to think of way to improve the team with essentially our current roster.

Overall I don't think Hudler is bad either, or didn't until a few weeks ago. He just looks like he is floating around, taking a lazy penalty, while Z/Flip work their asses off.

I really don't dislike Emmerton either, he was a midseason unexpected rookie call up, his biggest problem is he brings nothing to the table that makes him worth keeping either. However I'd be willing to give him a little more time to prove himself with less s***ty teamates.

I agree with both statements. But I really don't see what either of those guys can do that Nyquist and Abdelkader couldn't do better, in the exact same positions. Basically I'd like to see this

Bert-Dats-Franzen

Flip-Z-Nyquist

Miller-Helm-Eaves

*Cleary-Abby-Mursak

Connor

*Depending on how the knee feels Cleary and Eaves are interchangeable. I for one think the knee will be fine, and next year Cleary bounces back 100%

I think that's a huge improvement over the current team, and you don't have to go crazy in free agency to do it. Spend the money on Nick's replacement.

Just glanced through who the Wings have signed through next year. There isn't a forward spot open and one defensemen spot open. Someone has got to be traded, because the lines are essentially the same and clearly relying on so many role players isn't working consistently.

I don't know if Nyquist will stay another year in the AHL, but I'm assuming he stays up, as well as Smith. As of right now we have something like this:

Franzen-Datsyuk- Bertuzzi

Filppula-Zetterberg-Cleary

Eaves-Helm-Nyquist

Miller-Emmerton-Abdelkader

???-White

Kronwall-Quincey

Ericsson-Smith

Kindl

Any turnover is going to have to be forced. Of those remaining Emmerton needs to go, we need more depth at center. Honestly, though I'm not too bummed by the bottom two forward lines. It's just that the top two lines have been too inconsistent and need to be changed.

Edited by VM1138

Well I don't really want to get carried away and suggest we remove half the team or anything, but I think a healthy Cleary and Adbelkader replacing Emmerton and Holmer on the fourth is a huge improvment, and Eaves or Nyquist on the other wing with Helm and Miller is an improvement. That's only replacing two, which is more manageable. I get as frustrated with inconsistent play as most people do, and would love to see the wings making a big splash in free agency, but being the minimalist I am, I'm just trying to think of way to improve the team with essentially our current roster.

I agree with both statements. But I really don't see what either of those guys can do that Nyquist and Abdelkader couldn't do better, in the exact same positions. Basically I'd like to see this

Bert-Dats-Franzen

Flip-Z-Nyquist

Miller-Helm-Eaves

*Cleary-Abby-Mursak

Connor

*Depending on how the knee feels Cleary and Eaves are interchangeable. I for one think the knee will be fine, and next year Cleary bounces back 100%

I think that's a huge improvement over the current team, and you don't have to go crazy in free agency to do it. Spend the money on Nick's replacement.

3 mill for a 4th liner is so s***ty.....I will say I have hated Cleary for 2 years now, so I'm not without bias, but man do I hate him, he is my new Jason Williams

The only positive I can think is that last time we played this ******* terrible for such a long period of team we started tearing s*** up afterwords. So hopefully they are getting the losing out of the way early so the winning can come when it's actually important.