• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

#201 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

Hopefully Pat Lafontaine or Steve Yzerman falls to us in the draft.

Wait ... it's 1983, right?

#202 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

I hope the power play never scores again.

that seems a distinct possibility at this point

I wonder what the record is for PP droughts.... think we're closing in?

#203 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,646 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

OMG some you need to chill the F out. It's only a fricken game. It is frustrating for sure but for crying out loud some of you are talking stupid.

#204 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

anybody see the start to the devils rangers game??? Simply awesome! Thats a what a rivalry is about.

That's how it's been like every time they've played this year haha, it's awesome. Man how badly do I hope we get Prust in the off-season, perfect 4th line guy for this team.

#NOMOREKINDL

#205 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

That's how it's been like every time they've played this year haha, it's awesome. Man how badly do I hope we get Prust in the off-season, perfect 4th line guy for this team.

don't worry we don't need him- our PP is our enforcer, remember?

#206 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

You guys are over-reacting! Hope cow... I understand the anger with the fact that we are winless in 4, but every team goes through slumps and while in our slump it has largely been because of injuries. In funks, mental errors are made, pucks dont bounce your way, and every that can go wrong does. Puck bounces on Smith leading to goal, Hank hitting the crossbar on the powerplay... I typically find that in funks there is usually 1 game where the team in the slump gets destroyed in every aspect and NOTHING goes their way all game. It is typically after a game like this that the teams turn things around. By the end of the season, the Wings will be rolling and no one will be whining about this, calling Kenny the worst GM in the league, and so on. INstead of debunking everyone (other than Cleary cuz i hate him) how about we SUPPORT their turnaround to success... lets have faith!

#207 Anijuice

Anijuice

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Slow start. Hardly a surprise. I think we pick it up at least by the third, you know, the way we have the past 5 games or so.

#208 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

Since im in jersey I get the isles, devils, and rangers alot of bad blood between the teams in the Atlantic. The devils/rangers game are awesome to watch. Prust is my only wish for the off season at this point.
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#209 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

I've forgotten what a PP goal looks like. I also forget the days when the PP enforced anything :hehe:

#NOMOREKINDL

#210 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

And it "enforces" as well as Andreas Lilja
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#211 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,503 posts

Me too, but very doubtful. Prust does too many things a typical 4th liner should do for the Red Wings liking. Gotta keep running Emmerton out there to bring that energy and grit.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#212 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

This is flat out embarrassing.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#213 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

f*** do we ever need Lids and Ericsson back on defense. And Holmer needs to be "Old Yellered" ... hes been past it forever but he doesnt even contribute offensivley anymore. He gets more goaltender interference calls and disallowed goals than he creates. Id rather have a 4th line of Mursak, Connors, Anderson (while Franzen is out)

#214 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

Since im in jersey I get the isles, devils, and rangers alot of bad blood between the teams in the Atlantic. The devils/rangers game are awesome to watch. Prust is my only wish for the off season at this point.

We need scoring as much as grit. Parise+Prust = money, then we'd be talking :thumbup:

Me too, but very doubtful. Prust does too many things a typical 4th liner should do for the Red Wings liking. Gotta keep running Emmerton out there to bring that energy and grit.

lol, it's funny whenever Emmerton throws a hit, it's like "hey, alright, he can do something!" :hehe:

#NOMOREKINDL

#215 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

Glad to see they have absolutely no jump to start the second. Way to get it together in the locker room, boys.

#216 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

You guys are over-reacting! Hope cow... I understand the anger with the fact that we are winless in 4, but every team goes through slumps and while in our slump it has largely been because of injuries. In funks, mental errors are made, pucks dont bounce your way, and every that can go wrong does. Puck bounces on Smith leading to goal, Hank hitting the crossbar on the powerplay... I typically find that in funks there is usually 1 game where the team in the slump gets destroyed in every aspect and NOTHING goes their way all game. It is typically after a game like this that the teams turn things around. By the end of the season, the Wings will be rolling and no one will be whining about this, calling Kenny the worst GM in the league, and so on. INstead of debunking everyone (other than Cleary cuz i hate him) how about we SUPPORT their turnaround to success... lets have faith!

I know, I know you're right but it's easier to ***** and complain while things aren't going our way

#217 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

please no shorty, please no shorty, please no shorty
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#218 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

oooh a PP, Caps must be shakin in their boots!

#219 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Ohhhh powerplay look out!!!!!!!!!!!! were gonna make them pay! our powerplay is our enforcer...let's do this!

#220 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Murph and Mickey joking about how bad the PP is :lol: That's when you know it's bad.

#NOMOREKINDL