• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

#21 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

Don't look now, but Chicago is only 4 points behind us. We could actually finish fourth. When is the last time that happened?
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#22 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Don't look now, but Chicago is only 4 points behind us. We could actually finish fourth. When is the last time that happened?

DECADES!!!!!

It's getting scary. At this point every team below us is catching up. Even through the great streak they were on, they were pulling out wins last minute, getting fortunate goals, etc. It wasn't like they were killing teams. Now it seems like every break is going against them. The breaks I guess...

I'm seriously concerned. They really need to get a win tonight. The caps are another team playing for their playoff lives. The wings better get that playoff intensity going or they'll have trouble winning another game the rest of this season.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#23 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

4 points but we also have a game in hand. With only 10 games remaining that is a pretty big deal. We also have 2 more ROW so we have the tie breaker. 4 points ahead, a game in hand and 2 ROW ahead, 10 games remaining (nine for the Hawks) it ain't great but it isn't really that close either.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#24 SoupSnake

SoupSnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Going to the game tonight, excited to see Nyquist with Datsyuk. It's what everyone has been squawking for on the boards recently, and it could either go great or end up on the cutting room floor a few shifts into the game. My last game at the Joe was 6-0 over the Wild. Hopefully we get a repeat of that game.

#25 Anijuice

Anijuice

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Excited for this one. I think we can build off the play of last game and we FINALLY break the powerless play streak.

#26 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

I know they don't really have any options and so I can't blame them for doing it, but I for one don't like the idea of Nyquist and Datsyuk together. To me, their styles are too similar and they don't really compliment one another. Like I said, I know they don't have a choice, but I'm not expecting this pairing to mesh well.

2 guys with speed, hands, good passing, and the ability to score goals? Based on your logical Filp and Zetterberg should be split up. Give the kid top 6 minutes until Franzen gets back - this way they can bump Hudler when the yellow streak down his back becomes ever prominent when things start to get rough in the playoffs.

#27 TxBlue

TxBlue

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Looong time. Finished 5th in 1990 (Norris Division). Up to 3rd in 1991. No worse than 2nd since Central Division.

Edited by TxBlue, 19 March 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#28 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

If we're not going to win home ice, I would almost rather see the Wings finish 6th in the West. I think Detroit would have a better chance in a road series against Dallas/Phoenix/San Jose/ LA than Nashville. The main downside to that would be the travel.

#29 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

were winning this one no doubt in my mind

excited to see datsyuk and nyquist on the same line :D

#30 FinWing

FinWing

Vaasa red & white

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

Please just win! Washington didn't look good at all in Chicago. Flip will hit 60 points tonight!
Thank You TeeMan

#31 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Let's do it boys !
7-0 Wings

#32 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Wings f*** up this week, we'll be in 6th place next week, probably to stay.

Let's hope they can stop the train wreck tonight.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#33 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

c'mon boys time to take care of business Let's go Red Wings!!!!!!!!!

#34 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

So here's another game against a team fighting for a playoff spot. The Caps may be mediocre this year but I think they'll still be giving it their best shot seeing the position they're in. I think this should be a good match up between the two. Also, I'm excited about seeing Nyquist and Datsyuk together! I hope that line clicks well tonight!

Red Wings 4 (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Nyquist)
Capitals 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

#35 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

Been watching the Leafs game waiting for this one to start, 3 fights and Leafs down 3-0 already :lol: Bunch of bums.

Need to get on a roll starting tonight, Jimmy's back, Pav is back, we should pound Washington tonight.

#NOMOREKINDL

#36 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Just got in, we losing yet? :D

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#37 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

anyone watching a decent stream?

#38 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

lol @ those misses
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#39 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Yay! I get to watch GameCenter Live for a change!

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#40 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

Good shift by the Abby line, be nice to get one early.

#NOMOREKINDL