Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

I blame holland for our injuries.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#442 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

They haven't been healthy since the deadline. Their healthy roster looks DEADLY on paper. If you factor in franzen always stepping it up in the playoffs and helm (if the wings make it far enough for him to play) always providing energy, they should have nothing to worry about and make it out of the second round this year
Go wings!

I actually completely disagree. Of the top 6 we have, I feel like only 4 are genuine top 6 forwards (counting Franzen when he's actually playing). Bert and Hudler have no place in the top 6 and are hurting those lines sometimes much more than helping them. Take tonight, Hudler received many fantastic passes from either Fil or Z, then IMMEDIATELY turned over the puck. Bert took a stupid penalty, like he always does, and outside of a few good plays, just doesn't have the speed and puck handling skills of a top 6. Now, I haven't given up on the team, but I am realistic and I just don't see how this team could make it very far in the playoffs. I'd rather admit that to myself now than be disappointed when we exit the playoffs (potentially to the sharks again...)

#443 WINGSINAZ

WINGSINAZ

NOOOOO! Can't believe I have a concussion!

• 23 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

After watching the past handful of games, it's really apparent that the injuries we have right now are drastically affecting the way this team was/is put together to play.

What I mean is this team is built from the backend out and we need mobile, puck moving defensemen who understand the system and are able to move the puck to the right spots. Currently all 3 of Quincey, Smith and Janik look lost at times out there. Smith has his moments and the future looks bright for him, but he doesn't always make the correct play (rookie learning curve).

A lot of people here bash on Ericsson and Kindl, but we really miss them a lot with Nick. For me, Quincey has kind of been a disappointment up to now.

I know everyone is looking at the forward lines as the solution, but we really need our defense healthy. That's what drives this team and how it is designed to play. I think we could have added a forward at the deadline and still be in the same situation.

#444 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

We are playing withour THREE legit defenseman. I don't really understand how people can undervalue Kindle and, especially, Ericsson so much. They are both good and would have a roster spot on any NHL team. Instead, we now play rookie and career AHL-er regularly. This is huge blow, I'm not surprised we lost 5 in a row. We'll be fine once Lids, Ericsson and Kindle are back. Smith is our depth guy.

PS An I the only one who thinks Quincey is a kind of dissapointment?
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#445 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

It's time for a players-only meeting. This s*** has got to stop, now.

#446 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

I am sure the guys are probably tired of staring at their jersey's with the names facing outward. C'om boys, let's see you go into the locker room with the Winged Wheel staring at you when you first enter.

#447 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

So far he hasn't been very good. I like his shot though, and I won't pass judgement on him until our defense is healthy. Right now his role is bigger than it will be when Lids and Big E are back.

#448 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

Good riddance, please stay away from here, too. Thanks.

Actually I am going to stay here just to annoy you since you apparently like reading my stuff so much.

#449 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

Actually I am going to stay here just to annoy you since you apparently like reading my stuff so much.

What a life you must lead!

#450 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

Their healthy roster looks DEADLY on paper.

Not to be a jerk, but....

Don't Toews me, bro!

#451 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

no more Ericsson bash fest?

#452 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

We are playing withour THREE legit defenseman. I don't really understand how people can undervalue Kindle and, especially, Ericsson so much. They are both good and would have a roster spot on any NHL team. Instead, we now play rookie and career AHL-er regularly. This is huge blow, I'm not surprised we lost 5 in a row. We'll be fine once Lids, Ericsson and Kindle are back. Smith is our depth guy.

Say what? People don't undervalue Kindl or Ericsson. They're not good. Yeah, they would play on another NHL team. But they're nothing more than bottom pairing defensemen. Smith has a higher ceiling and AT WORST is playing as good as either of them have.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#453 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:19 PM

Say what? People don't undervalue Kindl or Ericsson. They're not good. Yeah, they would play on another NHL team. But they're nothing more than bottom pairing defensemen. Smith has a higher ceiling and AT WORST is playing as good as either of them have.

Smith has 3 turnovers for goals in the last 5 games. During that time he has 2 assists. He is NOT playing better than either Ericsson or Kindl were. Maybe one day, but right now, he's a rookie and it shows.

Edited by kipwinger, 20 March 2012 - 01:20 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#454 korrowan

korrowan

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:43 PM

Smith has 3 turnovers for goals in the last 5 games. During that time he has 2 assists. He is NOT playing better than either Ericsson or Kindl were. Maybe one day, but right now, he's a rookie and it shows.

I would say Smith is better than Kindl (he does nothing at all) but much worse than Ericcson. Smith hits guys, makes nice plays with the puck at times and seems to pinch well. Kindl... not sure what he does well besides not being noticed.

#455 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

I would say Smith is better than Kindl (he does nothing at all) but much worse than Ericcson. Smith hits guys, makes nice plays with the puck at times and seems to pinch well. Kindl... not sure what he does well besides not being noticed.

I think the Kindl/Smith pairing was really good. Kindl was looking pretty good when Ericcson went down as well.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#456 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

I know I don't post much these days, but this is my opinion. I am just as upset about this game as everyone else. And I am disgusted with the Wings and their play lately. I am in no way saying that the way they are playing will get us anywhere in the playoffs. But it seems that every year we have a meltdown and then come back from it. We have experienced coaches and players. It may not seem like it, but they do know what it takes to win because they have had success before. I am not saying that the way that they are playing now is acceptable at all...but I am confident that the leaders and coaches of this team will find a way to turn it around before the month is over. If they don't...then yes, we will probably get destroyed in the first round (considering we don't have home ice looking likely right now). But I think they will. Just have hope.

Think about it this way: We are not players or coaches on this team. We are only fans, so all we can do is react to games. Your options are to be pessimistic and worry your brain off. Or you can be optimistic and just hope that the team turns it around. At lest the optimistic route doesn't take a toll on your mental and physical health.

#457 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

How is the roster "DEADLY"? It's almost exactly the same exact club that hasn't been able to get out of the second round the past two years. It's stale.