Photo
- - - - -

Box score nugget of the night

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Penalty on the Devils Ryan Carter a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Devils Cam Janssen a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Devils Eric Boulton a 5 Minute Major for Fighting.

Penalty on the Rangers Stu Bickel a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Brandon Prust a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Mike Rupp a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Stu Bickel a 10 Minute Misconduct.

Time of the penalties, 3 seconds...

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#2 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

that was simply an awesome start to the game, love watching devils v rangers games. Certainly a good rivalry
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#3 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,729 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

That's how every game should start.

:hehe:

From now on, fans won't ever be late to games.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#4 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

One of those rare games where the physical rivarly is exactly as hyped. I had this one on TV and the Wings on my laptop, they spent almost the entire preview of the game replaying the last game with the double fight 2 seconds in and then right on cue, 3 seconds in you have a line brawl.

There aren't many teams that can even line up 3 fighters a side to start a game anymore so it was kind of fun to see.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#5 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

Awesome... I hope I live to see something like that again with the Wings, without sacrificing winning.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#6 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

"We have a lot of cameras, and we're gunna need 'em"

:lol:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#7 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:46 AM

Torts had a few choice words for the Devils' coaching staff because of that starting line-up.

#8 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

Here's the video...

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#9 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

Torts had a few choice words for the Devils' coaching staff because of that starting line-up.

Which is pretty BS because if he doesn't reply with the line that he used (includig a defenseman at center) then none of it happens.. There is no way anyone can believe that if the Rangers started Gaborik and Richards against that Devils line that they were just going to get mugged, in fact it probably would have been smart to start their first line against that Devils line for a scoring chance...

I don't have any problem with the fights but if you're going to be a willing combatant you can't turn around after the game and blame the other coach.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#10 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

From what I heard I though Tortorella was more complaining about the Devils lineup card. Ive heard that Boulton was not on it when Torts saw it, and made his but it was later modified to include Boulton.
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#11 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

As much as I love watching guys pummel each other, this was a circus act. I'm all for keeping fights in the game, but not staged fights like this.

#12 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

Penalty on the Devils Ryan Carter a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Devils Cam Janssen a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Devils Eric Boulton a 5 Minute Major for Fighting.

Penalty on the Rangers Stu Bickel a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Brandon Prust a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Mike Rupp a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Stu Bickel a 10 Minute Misconduct.

Time of the penalties, 3 seconds...

Ah, rivalries. Remember those? Now Detroit is the "most liked team in the NHL". Congratulations, Kenny, the team of your dreams. It's so great to be liked - - - Too bad they won't win this way.

#13 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Great way to start a game, I'd like to see it happen a few more times a year
IPB Image

#14 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Ah, rivalries. Remember those? Now Detroit is the "most liked team in the NHL". Congratulations, Kenny, the team of your dreams. It's so great to be liked - - - Too bad they won't win this way.

Posted Image

What?
  • Nev likes this