• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Box score nugget of the night

Rate this topic

Penalty on the Devils Ryan Carter a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Devils Cam Janssen a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Devils Eric Boulton a 5 Minute Major for Fighting.

Penalty on the Rangers Stu Bickel a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Brandon Prust a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Mike Rupp a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Stu Bickel a 10 Minute Misconduct.

Time of the penalties, 3 seconds...

One of those rare games where the physical rivarly is exactly as hyped. I had this one on TV and the Wings on my laptop, they spent almost the entire preview of the game replaying the last game with the double fight 2 seconds in and then right on cue, 3 seconds in you have a line brawl.

There aren't many teams that can even line up 3 fighters a side to start a game anymore so it was kind of fun to see.

Torts had a few choice words for the Devils' coaching staff because of that starting line-up.

Which is pretty BS because if he doesn't reply with the line that he used (includig a defenseman at center) then none of it happens.. There is no way anyone can believe that if the Rangers started Gaborik and Richards against that Devils line that they were just going to get mugged, in fact it probably would have been smart to start their first line against that Devils line for a scoring chance...

I don't have any problem with the fights but if you're going to be a willing combatant you can't turn around after the game and blame the other coach.

From what I heard I though Tortorella was more complaining about the Devils lineup card. Ive heard that Boulton was not on it when Torts saw it, and made his but it was later modified to include Boulton.

Penalty on the Devils Ryan Carter a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Devils Cam Janssen a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Devils Eric Boulton a 5 Minute Major for Fighting.

Penalty on the Rangers Stu Bickel a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Brandon Prust a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Mike Rupp a 5 Minute Major for Fighting. Penalty on the Rangers Stu Bickel a 10 Minute Misconduct.

Time of the penalties, 3 seconds...

Ah, rivalries. Remember those? Now Detroit is the "most liked team in the NHL". Congratulations, Kenny, the team of your dreams. It's so great to be liked - - - Too bad they won't win this way.