• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Howard suffers groin injury...again.

Rate this topic

Right now, the seeding is less important than the fact that half our line-up is going to be out injured, or playing injured, or coming back from injury early for the playoffs, or just come back from injury and not 100%. I would happily trade the #6 seed for a 100% healthy line come Game 1. 2007 and 2009 are all the evidence you need of how hard it is to win when your key players are banged up.

The first half of the season I had such high hopes for this team - defensively strong, Dats and Flip on fire. Right now my playoff expectations are lower than a snakes belly.

You're common sense has no use around these parts.

I am sorry, we are done. I hate to be the pessimist, and rarely am with the Wings... but this is absurd.

I pray we don't end up in fifth place either. I think we would do better in 6th or 7th and that is where we will end up now because of these injuries. When you might have to start your fourth and fifth goaltenders weeks before the playoffs start... you are in serious trouble.

Silver lining... maybe Lids gets upset with this and comes back for sure.

umm its conks against lunquist... and the rangers have been struggling lately too... and that is without the injuries that we have been dealing with. We play well against the Rangers and I am willing to bet the Wings start a winning streak tomorrow night in NY.

How awesome would it have been if the Wings were the ones to get Bishop, or made a deal for Montoya... of if the league didn't f*** us over with Nabokov while letting Radulov walk back to the Preds.

How awesome would it have been if we hadn't forced Osgood to retire...

I would feel so much better with him on our team... :(

umm its conks against lunquist... and the rangers have been struggling lately too... and that is without the injuries that we have been dealing with. We play well against the Rangers and I am willing to bet the Wings start a winning streak tomorrow night in NY.

Conks will play... IF he clears re-entry waivers. I almost think he doesn't.

Why wouldn't you want Ty for half price for what basically is a try out. Any team with an injured tender or isn't making the playoffs could take a look at him for as cheap as free. If I was Edmonton, or Tampa, or Minnesota, or Columbus, or Toronto, or Anaheim, or Montreal, or Carolina, or Winnipeg I would consider sending someone with wavier exemption down/placing someone on IR and giving Ty a shot. You might end up with a goaltender who would be happy to resign with you to be a solid backup. Sometimes it only takes a vote of confidence and/or a change of scenery.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mark-Spizzirri/Howard-injures-groin-againPANIC-IN-HOCKEYTOWN/77/43218

From what I understand, he does not need to clear re-entry waivers because it is emergency based... the Red Wings need to have 2 goalies up. So Conks will be starting tomorrow.

This is true... but I keep reading from multiple sources that they did not use an emergency call up. Again, the sloppy reporting could be what is making me think this... but someone said THEY DID NOT USE AN EMERGENCY CALL UP. They used the big letters and everything so I believed them. :hehe:

Yeah, it will probably be Conklin but like that really inspires much more confidence. Regardless, a 3rd/4th string goaltender against the best one in the league isn't a real favorable matchup. Hope you're right, though.

I am sorry, we are done. I hate to be the pessimist, and rarely am with the Wings... but this is absurd.

I pray we don't end up in fifth place either. I think we would do better in 6th or 7th and that is where we will end up now because of these injuries. When you might have to start your fourth and fifth goaltenders weeks before the playoffs start... you are in serious trouble.

Silver lining... maybe Lids gets upset with this and comes back for sure.

If anything, Lids is going to get upset about this and hang 'em up. He is in the longest injury stint of his career and his teammates drop like flies every march. I don't forsee him sticking around to see it happen again.

If anything, Lids is going to get upset about this and hang 'em up. He is in the longest injury stint of his career and his teammates drop like flies every march. I don't forsee him sticking around to see it happen again.

Thank goodness Lidstrom doesn't think like you.

This is a joke right?

Are we gonna have a MacDonald/Conklin tandem heading into the playoffs?

If Howard was out for the season I'd just say tank this s*** and get a good pick.

If the Wings can't secure home ice advantage for at least one round of the playoffs s*** is going to be pretty rough.

If Howard was out for the season I'd just say tank this s*** and get a good pick.

If the Wings can't secure home ice advantage for at least one round of the playoffs s*** is going to be pretty rough.

tanking would be great for any other team. but we have 20 years of consecutive playoffs. other teams would love to see the wings stoop to their level to rejuvenate their lineup. even if howard was gone for the playoffs id still want to make the playoffs.

If we were able to use an emergency call up to protect Conks from waivers, why the f*** did we not? No point in calling him up if you ask me. Might as well have called up Pearce and McCollum and went with them.

Except.........Kyle Quincey.

Edited by rick zombo

I don't care how well Conks is playing in the minors, he in front of our healthy roster this year, sucked. Tomorrow isn't going to be pretty, this is hell. 3 years in a row of half the team going down with injuries at certain points of the season. This season had the most promise of the last 3, but we may now finish in 6th in the west. f*** the "hockey gods", they kick us in the nads every year with these injuries <_<