• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

We're getting too close to playoffs for this garbage. Just a couple of weeks left and the Wings need to get healthy fast. This will teach them to coast, I guess, eh? Now there's no time to make up lost ground and it'll be harder than ever to put together some wins when they need them most. Wouldn't be in this position had they kept playing hard the last month.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#22 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

Dammit, not only does it suck Jimmy is hurt again, but I was supposed to watch Conks play tonight. Since he is on waivers, do they keep him with GR until he clears or what? Just curious if I am going to see some scrubs in net tonight.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Call up my boy McCollum!

Then I can buy a new bottle of scotch and enjoy watching our first round matchup against Vancouver.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

We're getting too close to playoffs for this garbage. Just a couple of weeks left and the Wings need to get healthy fast. This will teach them to coast, I guess, eh? Now there's no time to make up lost ground and it'll be harder than ever to put together some wins when they need them most. Wouldn't be in this position had they kept playing hard the last month.

Right now, the seeding is less important than the fact that half our line-up is going to be out injured, or playing injured, or coming back from injury early for the playoffs, or just come back from injury and not 100%. I would happily trade the #6 seed for a 100% healthy line come Game 1. 2007 and 2009 are all the evidence you need of how hard it is to win when your key players are banged up.

The first half of the season I had such high hopes for this team - defensively strong, Dats and Flip on fire. Right now my playoff expectations are lower than a snakes belly.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#25 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

I really am starting to get a sinking feeling about our chances in the playoffs with so many players either injured or playing injured to the degree at which seems to be the case.

#26 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Right now, the seeding is less important than the fact that half our line-up is going to be out injured, or playing injured, or coming back from injury early for the playoffs, or just come back from injury and not 100%. I would happily trade the #6 seed for a 100% healthy line come Game 1. 2007 and 2009 are all the evidence you need of how hard it is to win when your key players are banged up.

The first half of the season I had such high hopes for this team - defensively strong, Dats and Flip on fire. Right now my playoff expectations are lower than a snakes belly.

You're common sense has no use around these parts.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

I am sorry, we are done. I hate to be the pessimist, and rarely am with the Wings... but this is absurd.

I pray we don't end up in fifth place either. I think we would do better in 6th or 7th and that is where we will end up now because of these injuries. When you might have to start your fourth and fifth goaltenders weeks before the playoffs start... you are in serious trouble.

Silver lining... maybe Lids gets upset with this and comes back for sure.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#28 wmuwingsfan

wmuwingsfan

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

A truly new perspective on the phrase "March Madness."

#29 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Wow, this is way out of control.

Pearce against Lundqvist -- that should go well.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#30 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

umm its conks against lunquist... and the rangers have been struggling lately too... and that is without the injuries that we have been dealing with. We play well against the Rangers and I am willing to bet the Wings start a winning streak tomorrow night in NY.

#31 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

What a joke. This team is made of glass.

#32 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

How awesome would it have been if the Wings were the ones to get Bishop, or made a deal for Montoya... of if the league didn't f*** us over with Nabokov while letting Radulov walk back to the Preds.

How awesome would it have been if we hadn't forced Osgood to retire...

I would feel so much better with him on our team... :(

umm its conks against lunquist... and the rangers have been struggling lately too... and that is without the injuries that we have been dealing with. We play well against the Rangers and I am willing to bet the Wings start a winning streak tomorrow night in NY.

Conks will play... IF he clears re-entry waivers. I almost think he doesn't.

Why wouldn't you want Ty for half price for what basically is a try out. Any team with an injured tender or isn't making the playoffs could take a look at him for as cheap as free. If I was Edmonton, or Tampa, or Minnesota, or Columbus, or Toronto, or Anaheim, or Montreal, or Carolina, or Winnipeg I would consider sending someone with wavier exemption down/placing someone on IR and giving Ty a shot. You might end up with a goaltender who would be happy to resign with you to be a solid backup. Sometimes it only takes a vote of confidence and/or a change of scenery.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#33 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

I don't think Conks has to clear waivers as this is an 'emergency callup'.

I guess that's not the case, but read it somewhere a little bit ago.

Edited by rrasco, 20 March 2012 - 01:56 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#34 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

http://www.hockeybuz...EYTOWN/77/43218

From what I understand, he does not need to clear re-entry waivers because it is emergency based... the Red Wings need to have 2 goalies up. So Conks will be starting tomorrow.

#35 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mark-Spizzirri/Howard-injures-groin-againPANIC-IN-HOCKEYTOWN/77/43218

From what I understand, he does not need to clear re-entry waivers because it is emergency based... the Red Wings need to have 2 goalies up. So Conks will be starting tomorrow.

This is true... but I keep reading from multiple sources that they did not use an emergency call up. Again, the sloppy reporting could be what is making me think this... but someone said THEY DID NOT USE AN EMERGENCY CALL UP. They used the big letters and everything so I believed them. :hehe:

#36 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

Call up my boy McCollum!

Then I can buy a new bottle of scotch and enjoy watching our first round matchup against Vancouver.

Hey - post your findings in the scotch thread in the water cooler...I just treated myself to a new bottle of Old Pulteney 12 yr...Nice!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#37 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

So what happens if he did have to go through waivers and someone claimed him? Would we just call someone else to be back up to Pearce? Most of the other guys have 2 way contracts?

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#38 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, it will probably be Conklin but like that really inspires much more confidence. Regardless, a 3rd/4th string goaltender against the best one in the league isn't a real favorable matchup. Hope you're right, though.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#39 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

I am sorry, we are done. I hate to be the pessimist, and rarely am with the Wings... but this is absurd.

I pray we don't end up in fifth place either. I think we would do better in 6th or 7th and that is where we will end up now because of these injuries. When you might have to start your fourth and fifth goaltenders weeks before the playoffs start... you are in serious trouble.

Silver lining... maybe Lids gets upset with this and comes back for sure.

If anything, Lids is going to get upset about this and hang 'em up. He is in the longest injury stint of his career and his teammates drop like flies every march. I don't forsee him sticking around to see it happen again.

#40 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

Hey - post your findings in the scotch thread in the water cooler...I just treated myself to a new bottle of Old Pulteney 12 yr...Nice!

Wouldn't McCollum require a drink of McClellan?