34 replies to this topic

#1 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/AnsarKhanMLive/status/182152347961659392

he will join team, not sure what his status is with NCAA though, nor do I even know if ND is even still playing. out of the loop with college hockey lately...

edit: now reading he cant return to ND, this is essentially him signing with the wings organization. per Malik.

Edited by Din758, 20 March 2012 - 12:14 PM.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

In 114 CCHA games played for ND, left shooting forward Riley Sheahan has produced 64 points (20G-44A). 74 PIM. Signed in the NHL Entry Draft by the Detroit Red Wings in 2010. If anyone was wonderinggggggggg.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Great... Looking forward to seeing how he fares.
Already great defensively, with solid size and strength - would love to see his offensive game develop more.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#4 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

A la Nyquist last year. I like. With the Wings dropping like flies and their D game in the s***ter lately and seeing as they hit about as much as girls ringette these days, it's not a far stretch to see him play a couple games with the big club. May as well sign a few more guys to make sure the Wings/Griffins and Griffins/Entry levels can actually ice full rosters in the playoffs.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#5 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

A la Nyquist last year. I like. With the Wings dropping like flies and their D game in the s***ter lately and seeing as they hit about as much as girls ringette these days, it's not a far stretch to see him play a couple games with the big club. May as well sign a few more guys to make sure the Wings/Griffins and Griffins/Entry levels can actually ice full rosters in the playoffs.

He's below Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, Connor and probably Brunnstrom on the depth chart. It IS a stretch to think he'd ever be called up this season to play.

Edited by kipwinger, 20 March 2012 - 12:58 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#6 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

He's below Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, Connor and probably Brunnstrom on the depth chart. It IS a stretch to think he'd ever be called up this season to play.

I said it as more of a gag toward the Wings right now in that if they keep getting injured at the rate they're going, we're gonna see a lot more Griffins up and maybe some new faces we haven't seen yet.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#7 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,009 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

I said it as more of a gag toward the Wings right now in that if they keep getting injured at the rate they're going, we're gonna see a lot more Griffins up and maybe some new faces we haven't seen yet.

Oh, gotcha

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#8 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Good. Sheahan has a tonne of talent and the potential to become a second line power center. He isnt given good linemates at Notre Dame and is stuck on the point on the PP, while playing huge PK minutes. The guy was never given time to develop offensively whatsoever even though you could always see the talent there.

Hes a pretty huge hitter as well and unreal defensively, cant wait to see him in a different system.

Grand Rapids has enormous centers as well. Andersson, Aubry and Sheahan are all big boys

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#9 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

In 114 CCHA games played for ND, left shooting forward Riley Sheahan has produced 64 points (20G-44A). 74 PIM. Signed in the NHL Entry Draft by the Detroit Red Wings in 2010. If anyone was wonderinggggggggg.

It's pretty hard to judge his scoring numbers as a forward on that ND squad. I wonder what kind of numbers he could have put up in a run and gun "hey it's still the 80's, right?" league like the Q.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#10 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Any idea when he will start playing with the kiddos? I'm going to Griffs games tonight and Thursday, would be nice to see him hit the ice.

Edit: nevermind.

Sheahan hopes to join the Griffins Thursday in San Antonio, begin practicing and crack the lineup as soon as possible.

http://www.mlive.com...ngs_top_pi.html

Edited by rrasco, 20 March 2012 - 04:00 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#11 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Shaehan played last night. He didn't get much ice time though. I didn't get to watch the whole game, I ran into too many people I hadn't seen in a while. At any rate, my buddy who works for the league and tracks the players shifts said he hadn't written his number down much. Oddly enough, he said Tatar's time was down as well; which is weird since he and Minard tallied 2 goals each on Tuesday's comeback SO win. The Griffins dropped last nights contest 4-2.

On a side note, Tuesday night, Raedeke was boarded by Selleck of the Rampage who received a 5 min major for the hit. He did not receive a misconduct and was challenged by Callaghan when he came back but Callaghan got the worst of it as he took an uppercut which buckled his knees. After the game, I got to realizing I had not seen him since the fight and again talking to my buddy who works there said Callaghan had two molars knocked out and didn't return. He did not play Thursday either.

I have most of the game, all but the last 3 rounds of the SO, on my DVR so I can get a video of the fight later today if anyone wants to see it.

#12 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

id be curious to see the fight. this is a bit off topic, but it seems callahan gets his s*** rocked alot in fights. i dont follow the griffs much but thats just what i see.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#13 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

Shaehan played last night. He didn't get much ice time though. I didn't get to watch the whole game, I ran into too many people I hadn't seen in a while. At any rate, my buddy who works for the league and tracks the players shifts said he hadn't written his number down much. Oddly enough, he said Tatar's time was down as well; which is weird since he and Minard tallied 2 goals each on Tuesday's comeback SO win. The Griffins dropped last nights contest 4-2.

On a side note, Tuesday night, Raedeke was boarded by Selleck of the Rampage who received a 5 min major for the hit. He did not receive a misconduct and was challenged by Callaghan when he came back but Callaghan got the worst of it as he took an uppercut which buckled his knees. After the game, I got to realizing I had not seen him since the fight and again talking to my buddy who works there said Callaghan had two molars knocked out and didn't return. He did not play Thursday either.

I have most of the game, all but the last 3 rounds of the SO, on my DVR so I can get a video of the fight later today if anyone wants to see it.

Ouch. Let's hope this is somewhat of a learning lesson for him. Rather see him trying to improve his game instead of dropping the gloves. However kudos to him for dropping the gloves. AHL is a tough league to fight in.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 23 March 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#14 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

The Griffins need lots and lots more defense in their system. They're the highest scoring team in the league (I think? Or at least one of them) and they're not in a playoff spot. Yeah I know it's not about winning in the AHL but that the prospects get playing time but still, that's kind of embarrassing.

I'm curious to see how a PK would do with Andersson, Aubry (with one year of experience) and now Sheahan.

#15 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

I have not seen enough Griffs games to judge him either, but Selleck is one tough customer.

http://www.elitepros...r=55167&lang=en

Also, I had a question. I can't recall ever seeing a 5 min major for a penalty other than a fighting major that did not come with a game misconduct. I thought it was automatic, or is that an NHL vs AHL thing? I was curious why Selleck wasn't tossed from the game to begin with.

Edited by rrasco, 23 March 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#16 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,761 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Same could have been said about Abdelkader and Helm in 2008. They jumped over many people to make their NHL debut's. Not saying you are at all wrong, but if Sheahan is the better player, then he will get the call-up. Andersson and Brunnstrom are not going to be on Detroit permanently EVER, they will be career Griffins unless they go elsewhere.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#17 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

I watched the final few games of the ND Irish, I have to say Sheahan did NOTHING to impress me in those three games I saw.

It almost looked like he checked himself out mentally. I wonder if he gave up on his team knowing he was ready to go pro... Either way I don't think he is making the Wings for a while.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#18 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

id be curious to see the fight. this is a bit off topic, but it seems callahan gets his s*** rocked alot in fights.

The video is actually up on hockeyfights (his last few before that do not have a video, though). I'll warn you, it is NOT pretty for em-cee. Since I can't watch the GR games, I'm not sure how good he is overall; some videos on there he seems to wallop some people, others like that last one... yikes.

#19 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Yeah, there ya go. Same feed I was going to capture, but I can't figure out which software to use right now. And I made a mistake, it wasn't Raedeke, it was Rufenach that got boarded. Also, I forgot to mention I didn't see Brunnstrom play either game, not even on the bench. Anyone know what is up with him?

#20 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Ouch. Let's hope this is somewhat of a learning lesson for him. Rather see him trying to improve his game instead of dropping the gloves. However kudos to him for dropping the gloves. AHL is a tough league to fight in.

He was standing up for the team, which is a good reason to fight. After a boarding major, I'm glad he challenged the hitter.

With that said, he hasn't been fighting a lot which is probably a good thing. He needs to work on his game and fight smartly (this was a good time to fight IMO).

On topic, I'm excited to see how Sheahan plays. I don't expect him to put up big points, but hopefully he can develop into a solid NHL fourth liner. He seems to have all the skills for it.