• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Riley Sheahan signs tryout contract with Griffins

Rate this topic

https://twitter.com/#!/AnsarKhanMLive/status/182152347961659392

he will join team, not sure what his status is with NCAA though, nor do I even know if ND is even still playing. out of the loop with college hockey lately...

edit: now reading he cant return to ND, this is essentially him signing with the wings organization. per Malik.

Edited by Din758

In 114 CCHA games played for ND, left shooting forward Riley Sheahan has produced 64 points (20G-44A). 74 PIM. Signed in the NHL Entry Draft by the Detroit Red Wings in 2010. If anyone was wonderinggggggggg.

A la Nyquist last year. I like. With the Wings dropping like flies and their D game in the s***ter lately and seeing as they hit about as much as girls ringette these days, it's not a far stretch to see him play a couple games with the big club. May as well sign a few more guys to make sure the Wings/Griffins and Griffins/Entry levels can actually ice full rosters in the playoffs.

A la Nyquist last year. I like. With the Wings dropping like flies and their D game in the s***ter lately and seeing as they hit about as much as girls ringette these days, it's not a far stretch to see him play a couple games with the big club. May as well sign a few more guys to make sure the Wings/Griffins and Griffins/Entry levels can actually ice full rosters in the playoffs.

He's below Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, Connor and probably Brunnstrom on the depth chart. It IS a stretch to think he'd ever be called up this season to play.

Edited by kipwinger

He's below Nyquist, Tatar, Andersson, Connor and probably Brunnstrom on the depth chart. It IS a stretch to think he'd ever be called up this season to play.

I said it as more of a gag toward the Wings right now in that if they keep getting injured at the rate they're going, we're gonna see a lot more Griffins up and maybe some new faces we haven't seen yet.

I said it as more of a gag toward the Wings right now in that if they keep getting injured at the rate they're going, we're gonna see a lot more Griffins up and maybe some new faces we haven't seen yet.

Oh, gotcha

Good. Sheahan has a tonne of talent and the potential to become a second line power center. He isnt given good linemates at Notre Dame and is stuck on the point on the PP, while playing huge PK minutes. The guy was never given time to develop offensively whatsoever even though you could always see the talent there.

Hes a pretty huge hitter as well and unreal defensively, cant wait to see him in a different system.

Grand Rapids has enormous centers as well. Andersson, Aubry and Sheahan are all big boys

In 114 CCHA games played for ND, left shooting forward Riley Sheahan has produced 64 points (20G-44A). 74 PIM. Signed in the NHL Entry Draft by the Detroit Red Wings in 2010. If anyone was wonderinggggggggg.

It's pretty hard to judge his scoring numbers as a forward on that ND squad. I wonder what kind of numbers he could have put up in a run and gun "hey it's still the 80's, right?" league like the Q.

Any idea when he will start playing with the kiddos? I'm going to Griffs games tonight and Thursday, would be nice to see him hit the ice.

Edit: nevermind.

Sheahan hopes to join the Griffins Thursday in San Antonio, begin practicing and crack the lineup as soon as possible.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/03/riley_sheahan_red_wings_top_pi.html

Edited by rrasco

Shaehan played last night. He didn't get much ice time though. I didn't get to watch the whole game, I ran into too many people I hadn't seen in a while. At any rate, my buddy who works for the league and tracks the players shifts said he hadn't written his number down much. Oddly enough, he said Tatar's time was down as well; which is weird since he and Minard tallied 2 goals each on Tuesday's comeback SO win. The Griffins dropped last nights contest 4-2.

On a side note, Tuesday night, Raedeke was boarded by Selleck of the Rampage who received a 5 min major for the hit. He did not receive a misconduct and was challenged by Callaghan when he came back but Callaghan got the worst of it as he took an uppercut which buckled his knees. After the game, I got to realizing I had not seen him since the fight and again talking to my buddy who works there said Callaghan had two molars knocked out and didn't return. He did not play Thursday either.

I have most of the game, all but the last 3 rounds of the SO, on my DVR so I can get a video of the fight later today if anyone wants to see it.

id be curious to see the fight. this is a bit off topic, but it seems callahan gets his s*** rocked alot in fights. i dont follow the griffs much but thats just what i see.

Shaehan played last night. He didn't get much ice time though. I didn't get to watch the whole game, I ran into too many people I hadn't seen in a while. At any rate, my buddy who works for the league and tracks the players shifts said he hadn't written his number down much. Oddly enough, he said Tatar's time was down as well; which is weird since he and Minard tallied 2 goals each on Tuesday's comeback SO win. The Griffins dropped last nights contest 4-2.

On a side note, Tuesday night, Raedeke was boarded by Selleck of the Rampage who received a 5 min major for the hit. He did not receive a misconduct and was challenged by Callaghan when he came back but Callaghan got the worst of it as he took an uppercut which buckled his knees. After the game, I got to realizing I had not seen him since the fight and again talking to my buddy who works there said Callaghan had two molars knocked out and didn't return. He did not play Thursday either.

I have most of the game, all but the last 3 rounds of the SO, on my DVR so I can get a video of the fight later today if anyone wants to see it.

Ouch. Let's hope this is somewhat of a learning lesson for him. Rather see him trying to improve his game instead of dropping the gloves. However kudos to him for dropping the gloves. AHL is a tough league to fight in.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

The Griffins need lots and lots more defense in their system. They're the highest scoring team in the league (I think? Or at least one of them) and they're not in a playoff spot. Yeah I know it's not about winning in the AHL but that the prospects get playing time but still, that's kind of embarrassing.

I'm curious to see how a PK would do with Andersson, Aubry (with one year of experience) and now Sheahan.

I have not seen enough Griffs games to judge him either, but Selleck is one tough customer.

http://www.elitepros...r=55167〈=en

Also, I had a question. I can't recall ever seeing a 5 min major for a penalty other than a fighting major that did not come with a game misconduct. I thought it was automatic, or is that an NHL vs AHL thing? I was curious why Selleck wasn't tossed from the game to begin with.

Edited by rrasco

Same could have been said about Abdelkader and Helm in 2008. They jumped over many people to make their NHL debut's. Not saying you are at all wrong, but if Sheahan is the better player, then he will get the call-up. Andersson and Brunnstrom are not going to be on Detroit permanently EVER, they will be career Griffins unless they go elsewhere.

I watched the final few games of the ND Irish, I have to say Sheahan did NOTHING to impress me in those three games I saw.

It almost looked like he checked himself out mentally. I wonder if he gave up on his team knowing he was ready to go pro... Either way I don't think he is making the Wings for a while.

id be curious to see the fight. this is a bit off topic, but it seems callahan gets his s*** rocked alot in fights.

The video is actually up on hockeyfights (his last few before that do not have a video, though). I'll warn you, it is NOT pretty for em-cee. Since I can't watch the GR games, I'm not sure how good he is overall; some videos on there he seems to wallop some people, others like that last one... yikes.

Yeah, there ya go. Same feed I was going to capture, but I can't figure out which software to use right now. And I made a mistake, it wasn't Raedeke, it was Rufenach that got boarded. Also, I forgot to mention I didn't see Brunnstrom play either game, not even on the bench. Anyone know what is up with him?

id be curious to see the fight. this is a bit off topic, but it seems callahan gets his s*** rocked alot in fights. i dont follow the griffs much but thats just what i see.

The other three fights I watched on youtube from his AHL fightcard he did much better. He's small but he's a tough sob, he can take hard shot and can dish em out as well.

On topic, I'm excited to see how Sheahan plays. I don't expect him to put up big points, but hopefully he can develop into a solid NHL fourth liner. He seems to have all the skills for it.

Yeah, I'm interested to see what happens. It seems like he could go either way; just be a shut-down guy, or maybe he develops the offense too. I hope so!

The Griffins need lots and lots more defense in their system. They're the highest scoring team in the league (I think? Or at least one of them) and they're not in a playoff spot. Yeah I know it's not about winning in the AHL but that the prospects get playing time but still, that's kind of embarrassing.

I'm curious to see how a PK would do with Andersson, Aubry (with one year of experience) and now Sheahan.

Ty proved that a big part of this is that the goaltending is just awful.

I mean, Pearce, MacDonald, and McCollum each have their own reason not to give 100% and it showed.

My boy got rocked, but hopefully he learns from that fight.

Sheahan kinda reminds me of Franzen, they are roughly the same size and both did not produce much offense in their development stages, at least Franzen didn't, Sheahan still could. Franzen was known for his defense when he first came up and was pegged to be a 3rd/4th liner until he started scoring. Sheahan is also know for his defense and I think his floor is a shutdown 3rd line center. Perhaps he could become more like Franzen did? I just hope he doesn't become soft and a perimeter player like Franzen did.

Sheahan is going to be on the Wings much quicker than people think. He is a big body who can skate well and is know to be good defensively. He is already Physically ready and needs to refine his offense a bit and get the mental thing down. I'm going to go out on a limb and say if he impresses with GR and has a strong training camp with the Wings he could surpass Emmerton as the 4th line center merely due to the fact the kid is big and can play defense. However, this would hinge on what happens in the summer and his development. I definitely see him as the 3rd or 4th line center in 2013-2014 season to begin with anyway.