• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

2012 Playoff Commercials

Rate this topic

I've seen a few of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoff commercials they have started playing, but I had not seen this one yet. I saw it on NHL.com today. Pretty cool they are singling Dats out...he deserves it. Even though we're stuck in a rut, slumping beyond belief, and guys are dropping like flies...watching this commercial gave me that feeling. You know, THAT feeling that even though all this is going on...you never know what's going to happen and it still feels like this should be our year. I for one am ready for the post season tournament to start. There is no hockey like playoff hockey.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hcatid=1083&id=166165

To be honest I thought that was terrible compared to last year's History will be made commercials.

Yeah, I think so too. I don't care though, I still get that nostalgic feeling from things like that. Seeing the determination in Pasha's eyes.

It's gonna be hard to top the history will be made commercials, but I think they have done a great job with this year's batch. Just watching them made me forget momentarily that the Wings are struggling and made me reflect on how lucky I have been as a Wings fan to get to see my team in the playoffs 20 straight years, no matter how long or short those playoff runs may have been.

To be honest I thought that was terrible compared to last year's History will be made commercials.

History will be made is so much better

Whilst I agree with both of you that the 'history will be made' commercials are way better, I think these ones do a better job of appealing to people who don't already watch hockey and hence have no real connections with the historic moments featured in last years ads.