• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jeff6851

So who could the Red Wings get in the offseason?

Rate this topic

To tell the truth, yes, yes I would. Want to know why? Because at least the games we've played lately have actually happened. So I can say factual things about them and not have to speculate about who Kenny's going to sign, and for what money, and how they'd fit on the team. Which is all just made up gibberish, and it never pans out anyway. NOBODY on this board ever correctly guessed that the Wings would sign White, Commodore, or trade for Quincey. Not one person (including myself), for all the talking that took place. So all this speculation is just sort of like fantasy hockey...or masturbation.

Yep, and as much as I would love to see Franzen traded for someone that gives a s*** I know it will never happen. If I was the owner of this team number one on Holland's to do list would have been to trade the dickhead after he made the remark that he "GETS BORED" during the regular season.

Not sure what will happen with the cap so im not gonna speculate players we will acquire. But here are a few things we can control that i want to see:

Homer retires

Cleary traded (not worth 3 mill and aging)

Hudler gone

Smith up full time

Nyquist up full time top 6

They aren't going to trade Cleary. The management loves him and he's the epitome of a team guy. No way management trades him because of one down year, largely the result of injury. I'd try to resign Hudler if I could get him at the same money or less, but barring injury he'd never play in the top six again. If not, oh well. I agree with you on the other points though.

Not sure what will happen with the cap so im not gonna speculate players we will acquire. But here are a few things we can control that i want to see:

Homer retires

Cleary traded (not worth 3 mill and aging)

Hudler gone

Smith up full time

Nyquist up full time top 6

If homer goes I have to believe liddy will aswell...I can't want this.

If homer goes I have to believe liddy will aswell...I can't want this.

I was actually talking about that with a friend last night and we both thought the same thing. I'm not sure how that would play out, but it does seem plausible, and I must say that I want Lids to come back more then I want Homer to retire.

K well if u wanna see homer sit in the press box he can return. Hes not contributing enough anymore. Cleary is going to have continuing injury issues and should be traded imo. There are players available for less money that are more effective now. Hudler is pathetic. He should be gone.

K well if u wanna see homer sit in the press box he can return. Hes not contributing enough anymore. Cleary is going to have continuing injury issues and should be traded imo. There are players available for less money that are more effective now. Hudler is pathetic. He should be gone.

Whom is going to take a trade for a player that has known horrible medical history with his knee? I mean, the dude can barely get up stairs some days... I just don't see us shipping or someone taking that contract off of our hands. Hudler MAY be traded, depends on the potential seen by the front office and if they're content with his stay. I feel like homer would have a giant impact on Lidstroms return. And honestly, I don't care how much people talk s*** about homer, that boy busts his balls each and every night. The best image last night was straight off the face off homer just charging the crease not giving nay f*** was in his way. The boys a demolition man, and called rightfully so. You don't know how much you miss something until its gone, and how much heart and dedication that man puts in night after night... you'll miss something like that.

1. What makes you think Cleary's going to have nagging injury problems? Pretty sure that's the team doctor's job 2. I'll keep Homer to keep Lidstrom 3. If I can get Hudler for below market value he'd be an asset come trade deadline time.

Edited by kipwinger

Because he hasnt played over 74 games in a season for the wings and the last two years missed significant time with injury.

Last year he broke his ankle after a Brad Stuart slap shot hit him. Don't make it sound like it's some recurring problem.

Now that I think about it, you're right. We should trade Cleary (610 games played since 02) for someone like Gaustad (485 games played since 02) or Steve Ott (558 games played since 02) or Travis Moen (570 games played since 03). All of those guys would be better because they are a good blend of grit and scoring and give you versatility on any line. Plus they never, ever, get injured because of their physical play. All of those are things that you can't say about Cleary.

Edited by kipwinger

Last year he broke his ankle after a Brad Stuart slap shot hit him. Don't make it sound like it's some recurring problem.

Now that I think about it, you're right. We should trade Cleary (610 games played since 02) for someone like Gaustad (485 games played since 02) or Steve Ott (558 games played since 02) or Travis Moen (570 games played since 03). All of those guys would be better because they are a good blend of grit and scoring and give you versatility on any line. Plus they never, ever, get injured because of their physical play. All of those are things that you can't say about Cleary.

Lol when did i sugget those guys? I was thinking a griff or a ufa scorer if holland mans up.

A scorer, stud dman, and a few physical depth players with some size ...

Not that this pertains to this summer - but a juicy tidbit nonethless: A buddy of mine (whom I still train with in the offseason) who plays in the AHL and played on the Kelowna Rockets with Shea in his WHL days told me that Weber said last summer that if he hits free agency the team he would most like to go to would be Detroit.

...of course, summer 2013 is a long way off - and remaining a contender going forward will be a key part of making this team attractive for UFA's because the weather and the stereotypes surrounding the city certainly wont be the selling points.

All the more important to sign Suter this off season...that would put Detroit in the front running for Weber if you becomes a UFA.

But if Lids retires...then if Holland was able to land Suter, Parise AND Semin this team would be ten times better without Franzen.

edit: A million times better I should say

Edited by LeftWinger

Looking ahead to the off season. Let's just say for shig's and gittles, Holland trades is able to acquire Suter, Parise and Semin. Lidstrom re-tires, Hudler walks, Holmstrom re-tires and he re-signs Helm and Abby and Quincey to long term deals. Your roster may look something like this:

Franzen Datsyuk Semin

Filpplua Zetterberg Parise

Mursak Helm Bertuzzi

Eaves Abby Miller

Suter White

Kronwall Quincey

Smith Ericsson

fast forward to 2013 and if Weber comes knocking, just replace White with Weber or re-sign White and ditch Ericsson if he hasn't gotten any better...

I like it. *SMACK!* Now I wake up from that dream, but that would for sure be a better roster than they have now...and it would be doable.

edit: Also you'll notice Cleary is gone...traded for a pick. If not, then Make Mursak the 13th FWD and put Cleary on the third line...Kindl is 7th D of course, unless Dekeyser gets signed and gets that nod.

Edited by LeftWinger

ya'll guys can try,but i can guarantee that nashville won't let neither player go,both players like really nashville

No one really "likes" playing for Nashville, it's just what professional players are supposed to say until they get traded somewhere better. :lol:

Chances are it's going to come down to who they can afford to keep and who the odd man out will be unless they can get everyone back under cap.

No one really "likes" playing for Nashville, it's just what professional players are supposed to say until they get traded somewhere better. :lol:

Chances are it's going to come down to who they can afford to keep and who the odd man out will be unless they can get everyone back under cap.

I can't see them spending on Suter and Weber. If they signed each of those guys at market value and already have Rinne for 7 million they won't have a whole lot to spend on some desperately needed offense. Unless they think Radulov is going to be a superstar. I don't.

I'll bet Mike Fisher likes playing in Nashville, it makes his wife happy... haha

I heard on the HNIC hot stove the other week that for whatever reason, the Hurricanes are poised to make a big push for both Suter and Parise. Apparently they are good friends, and may consider signing with the same team if the prices are right. If Lids retires after this season (I think he will), Holland should really go after these guys.

My dream;

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($6.700m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Darren Helm ($2.000m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.200m)

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Ian White ($2.875m) / Ryan Suter ($6.500m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.500m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

Jordan Pearce ($0.525m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,267,045; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,032,955