• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsExpert1988

Lidstrom still out

Rate this topic

I am just curious how long lidstrom has been out. I usually keep track of these things but it seems he has been out for a pretty long time for a deep bone bruise. I was just wondering if anyone has read any rumors or any articles about lidstrom and any updates about him. I am really starting to think that lidstrom has either broken or fractured a bone for him being out this long.... or maybe they are just resting him for the playoffs but that seems unlikely with the way the current seeds are changing and the wings slumping...

I am just curious how long lidstrom has been out. I usually keep track of these things but it seems he has been out for a pretty long time for a deep bone bruise. I was just wondering if anyone has read any rumors or any articles about lidstrom and any updates about him. I am really starting to think that lidstrom has either broken or fractured a bone for him being out this long.... or maybe they are just resting him for the playoffs but that seems unlikely with the way the current seeds are changing and the wings slumping...

During the Washington game, Ken & Mickey mentioned that Lidstrom has been in for 3 different sets of X-rays and other medical tests, and each time they've come back with no fracture. Plus, Nick has skated prior to the team practice several times since the injury. If he had a fracture, I can't imagine that he'd be on the ice at all.

Apparently, there's not much you can do to treat a deep bone bruise, short of elevating the bruise, ice packs, and plenty of rest. There's not really any kind of therapy or medication that will speed the healing process up.

And they said that a deep bone bruise can take anywhere from 6-10 weeks to heal completely. That's why I've been saying that I highly doubt we'll have him back for the playoffs.

Edited by edicius

Deep bone bruises, especially for a person at that age, regardless of shape will take awhile to heal. It isn't like a puck just hit his ankle and he's still moaning about it, the captain legitimately can't hockey stop and pivot that well yet. They were talking Monday morning that he had just started pivoting and skating a bit harder but still, they're hoping to have him back this weekend MAYBE. I think we may see him in a week or two, but certainly not this weekend.

I remember in 2008, I was afraid he'd be out a long time, but he only missed 6 games. For some reason I always thought it was longer.

This year, I can't even remember the play in which he got injured, and yet it seems more and more likely that he won't be back for the playoffs.

I remember in 2008, I was afraid he'd be out a long time, but he only missed 6 games. For some reason I always thought it was longer.

This year, I can't even remember the play in which he got injured, and yet it seems more and more likely that he won't be back for the playoffs.

I don't think there was really any 'highlight' footage of it. It was a puck being cycled around the boards that caught him awkwardly.

yet it seems more and more likely that he won't be back for the playoffs.

I get the feeling that assuming he wont be back for the playoffs is a bit paranoid about us not winning in the end. Dont forget, were talking about the guy who played in the SCF with his nuts exploded inside his sack.

The fact that hes taking his time to come back during the regular season is just him wanting to get as close to 100% as possible until his team truly needs him.

He will be back for the start of the playoffs I'm sure. I have a feeling part of the slow recovery process is letting him rest up before the start of the playoffs. This might actually be a blessing if we want him for a long run.

From the Detroit Red Wings twitter feed...

TRANSACTION: Doug Janik has been assigned to @griffinshockey of the American Hockey League.

Making room for Lidstrom's return on Saturday?

Lidstrom has skated hard 3 days in a row this week and will be back on Saturday as will Kindl - Howards possible as well. Ericsson will be back on Wednesday and Franzen could be anytime as well. The roster that made it to 84 points faster than anyone in the NHL will be back on the ice in no time.

Lidstrom has skated hard 3 days in a row this week and will be back on Saturday as will Kindl - Howards possible as well. Ericsson will be back on Wednesday and Franzen could be anytime as well. The roster that made it to 84 points faster than anyone in the NHL will be back on the ice in no time.

Can we get some legit sources here? Not that i'm calling bulls*** on you, but i'd rather hear it from a credible source that all these players are for sures for these dates as you put it. I just haven't read anything about Lids for sure playing on Saturday, nor Kindl. I know both were feeling better, but neither said they were for sures. Big rig still can't even fully hit a slapper, so I just don't see Wednesday happening at all. Franzen doesn't even want to go to the doctors, nor does it seem like he gives two s***s when he comes back. I mean seriously, Franzen really just urkes me recently. With the quotes of him not caring about the regular season (paraphased more to him saying that he finds that the regular season gets boring), not seeing a doctor immediately upon "injury" or "back spasms", and then I believe it was yesterday he was quoting that he was just taking his time for the injury like his team didn't need him. The only person I see coming back on Saturday would be Howard due to his negative MRI's.

Lidstrom is not FOR SURE playing Saturday, but all signs point he will. He has been skating hard, has hard 2 or 3 good full practices with the team and looked good in the process. Even Babcock seems like he is confident that Nick will be back Saturday. The report that came out today about Janik ssaid that we won't know for SURE until after tomorrow's practice for as to whether or not Nick will play, but all signs point to yes. Hope that helps.

they did note that janik could be called back for saturday if need be. typically it seems the media doesnt get a hold of "for sure" whos in until game-day.

with that said, seeing that we play carolina and then 2 against CBJ, i still hope he doesnt come back until hes ready. we should be able to win those 3 with the teams weve been icing lately (conks included).

I mean seriously, Franzen really just urkes me recently. With the quotes of him not caring about the regular season (paraphased more to him saying that he finds that the regular season gets boring), not seeing a doctor immediately upon "injury" or "back spasms", and then I believe it was yesterday he was quoting that he was just taking his time for the injury like his team didn't need him.

Well, to be fair, according to most people around here we don't need his lazy floating ass anyways.

they did note that janik could be called back for saturday if need be. typically it seems the media doesnt get a hold of "for sure" whos in until game-day.

with that said, seeing that we play carolina and then 2 against CBJ, i still hope he doesnt come back until hes ready. we should be able to win those 3 with the teams weve been icing lately (conks included).

Carolina is not a lock. They have won four games in a row including a 2-0 win at St. Louis. It might help that they will be playing at Detroit in the second game of a back-to-back.

Carolina is not a lock. They have won four games in a row including a 2-0 win at St. Louis. It might help that they will be playing at Detroit in the second game of a back-to-back.

ya i agree. by no means did i mean they were a lock, and to be honest weve seen so far this year no game is a lock (NYI,MTL,CBJ). but our team is playing good enough where we should be able to get it done as long as the effort is there. I think babs said it best the other night that were not going to be able to outscore teams like we used to, but we must play better defensively to reduce the opponents goals. Most of the goals weve given up in this slump have been turnovers on our offensive blue line and in the neutral zone. Once we get the puck deep we seem to be ok working it out of the corner and getting it to the net.

I think were in better shape than most think. At this point im fine going to into the playoffs as the 6 seed. Dallas, LA, PHX, and SJ are better first round matchups than NSH would be. Lets just get our guys healthy until we really need them. Reg season means nothing to me anymore.

So pretty much every hockey pundit has some sort of article that says something like: "Is this what to expect from Detroit after Lidstrom is gone?"

I cant be the only one getting sick of it. Every day someone else rehashes the same article.

I'd almost prefer they talked about crosby some more.

Edited by Rick

So pretty much every hockey pundit has some sort of article that says something like: "Is this what to expect from Detroit after Lidstrom is gone?"

I cant be the only one getting sick of it. Every day someone else rehashes the same article.

I'd almost prefer they talked about crosby some more.

Well articles like that just assure me how much hockey credibility they have, absolutely none. Yes, obviously the team is going to suffer with the loss of one of the best defensemen to play the sport. Anyways, what they also fail to notice is when #5 does retire, we will be prepared for it and have people to set in for him. This also includes, not calling someone up and throwing them into a system and saying, "good luck bud, don't screw up." Listen, the teams going to take a loss, but it isn't going to resemble anything of what an injury does to a team. Any article that wants to compare #5 retiring and #5 being injured as the same thing, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and simply trying to get peoples attention. But hey, what journalist doesn't do that?

Well articles like that just assure me how much hockey credibility they have, absolutely none. Yes, obviously the team is going to suffer with the loss of one of the best defensemen to play the sport. Anyways, what they also fail to notice is when #5 does retire, we will be prepared for it and have people to set in for him. This also includes, not calling someone up and throwing them into a system and saying, "good luck bud, don't screw up." Listen, the teams going to take a loss, but it isn't going to resemble anything of what an injury does to a team. Any article that wants to compare #5 retiring and #5 being injured as the same thing, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and simply trying to get peoples attention. But hey, what journalist doesn't do that?

Really? And who do you have in mind to take over as Captain? Must be someone the Wings havene't acquired yet. Hand out a few more lifetime contracts and then what? NOBODY wants to play tough and go to the hard areas of the ******* ice to score. This pile of injuries has shown with Zetterberg and Lazyassed Franzen exactly what happens when players get comfy with their retirement package.