• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

they did note that janik could be called back for saturday if need be. typically it seems the media doesnt get a hold of "for sure" whos in until game-day.

with that said, seeing that we play carolina and then 2 against CBJ, i still hope he doesnt come back until hes ready. we should be able to win those 3 with the teams weve been icing lately (conks included).

Carolina is not a lock. They have won four games in a row including a 2-0 win at St. Louis. It might help that they will be playing at Detroit in the second game of a back-to-back.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#22 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

Carolina is not a lock. They have won four games in a row including a 2-0 win at St. Louis. It might help that they will be playing at Detroit in the second game of a back-to-back.

ya i agree. by no means did i mean they were a lock, and to be honest weve seen so far this year no game is a lock (NYI,MTL,CBJ). but our team is playing good enough where we should be able to get it done as long as the effort is there. I think babs said it best the other night that were not going to be able to outscore teams like we used to, but we must play better defensively to reduce the opponents goals. Most of the goals weve given up in this slump have been turnovers on our offensive blue line and in the neutral zone. Once we get the puck deep we seem to be ok working it out of the corner and getting it to the net.

I think were in better shape than most think. At this point im fine going to into the playoffs as the 6 seed. Dallas, LA, PHX, and SJ are better first round matchups than NSH would be. Lets just get our guys healthy until we really need them. Reg season means nothing to me anymore.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#23 Rick

Rick

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

So pretty much every hockey pundit has some sort of article that says something like: "Is this what to expect from Detroit after Lidstrom is gone?"
I cant be the only one getting sick of it. Every day someone else rehashes the same article.
I'd almost prefer they talked about crosby some more.

Edited by Rick, 23 March 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#24 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

So pretty much every hockey pundit has some sort of article that says something like: "Is this what to expect from Detroit after Lidstrom is gone?"
I cant be the only one getting sick of it. Every day someone else rehashes the same article.
I'd almost prefer they talked about crosby some more.

Well articles like that just assure me how much hockey credibility they have, absolutely none. Yes, obviously the team is going to suffer with the loss of one of the best defensemen to play the sport. Anyways, what they also fail to notice is when #5 does retire, we will be prepared for it and have people to set in for him. This also includes, not calling someone up and throwing them into a system and saying, "good luck bud, don't screw up." Listen, the teams going to take a loss, but it isn't going to resemble anything of what an injury does to a team. Any article that wants to compare #5 retiring and #5 being injured as the same thing, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and simply trying to get peoples attention. But hey, what journalist doesn't do that?

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#25 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Well articles like that just assure me how much hockey credibility they have, absolutely none. Yes, obviously the team is going to suffer with the loss of one of the best defensemen to play the sport. Anyways, what they also fail to notice is when #5 does retire, we will be prepared for it and have people to set in for him. This also includes, not calling someone up and throwing them into a system and saying, "good luck bud, don't screw up." Listen, the teams going to take a loss, but it isn't going to resemble anything of what an injury does to a team. Any article that wants to compare #5 retiring and #5 being injured as the same thing, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and simply trying to get peoples attention. But hey, what journalist doesn't do that?

Really? And who do you have in mind to take over as Captain? Must be someone the Wings havene't acquired yet. Hand out a few more lifetime contracts and then what? NOBODY wants to play tough and go to the hard areas of thef****** ice to score. This pile of injuries has shown with Zetterberg and Lazyassed Franzen exactly what happens when players get comfy with their retirement package.

#26 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

Really? And who do you have in mind to take over as Captain? Must be someone the Wings havene't acquired yet. Hand out a few more lifetime contracts and then what? NOBODY wants to play tough and go to the hard areas of thef****** ice to score. This pile of injuries has shown with Zetterberg and Lazyassed Franzen exactly what happens when players get comfy with their retirement package.

You don't think Zetterberg can handle being captain? How can you possibly say something like this... you sir, have lost your mind.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#27 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

And they said that a deep bone bruise can take anywhere from 6-10 weeks to heal completely. That's why I've been saying that I highly doubt we'll have him back for the playoffs.

I'm big enough to admit that I was completely wrong on this. Glad to see him back on the ice tonight.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!