Live Press Conference

Booo !!!

#2 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

I hope Matt Cooke knocks his brain matter into 2014.

#3 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

I hope Matt Cooke knocks his brain matter into 2014.

Besides the whole Matt Cooke thing getting way out of proportion especially with his recent play, I certainly wouldn't wish injury on any person regardless. Very immature thing to say...

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#4 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Isn't this the same Alexander Radulov that has a career high 26 goals in the NHL? The same guy that has spent the last 4 years in the KHL? We saw how much that did for Hudler's career and he was just there for a season.

#5 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

Isn't this the same Alexander Radulov that has a career high 26 goals in the NHL? The same guy that has spent the last 4 years in the KHL? We saw how much that did for Hudler's career and he was just there for a season.

That was also the very immature Alexander Radulov that injuried Arnott during his goal celebration. He's also been the leading goal scorer in the KHL for the previous two season. I think the two biggest affects from KHL to NHL is obviously the rink size, which would affect passing and pace. Hudler would be more effected by that, Radulov probably wouldn't be as bad as Hudler but he also played 4 seasons in the KHL. I think he'll do fine these remaining games.

EDIT: Also, this will probably ensure Weber and Suter to resign in Nashville. His problems previously with Nashville was his immaturity between the veterans. Now that they are gone, he comes back and quite frankly that locker room is pretty excited to see him back. Especially Weber and Suter.

Edited by evilzyme, 21 March 2012 - 12:00 PM.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#6 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

How does he come back to the league without going through waivers? :unsure:

#7 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

That was also the very immature Alexander Radulov that injuried Arnott during his goal celebration. He's also been the leading goal scorer in the KHL for the previous two season. I think the two biggest affects from KHL to NHL is obviously the rink size, which would affect passing and pace. Hudler would be more effected by that, Radulov probably wouldn't be as bad as Hudler but he also played 4 seasons in the KHL. I think he'll do fine these remaining games.

EDIT: Also, this will probably ensure Weber and Suter to resign in Nashville. His problems previously with Nashville was his immaturity between the veterans. Now that they are gone, he comes back and quite frankly that locker room is pretty excited to see him back. Especially Weber and Suter.

Not necessarily. He still has a year on his contract in the KHL that they are expecting him to fulfill. I believe the KHL allowed this so he could burn off his last NHL contract, and then go back to the KHL unencumbered. He will be a UFA after next year, so when he comes back he can set off a bidding war.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#8 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Not necessarily. He still has a year on his contract in the KHL that they are expecting him to fulfill. I believe the KHL allowed this so he could burn off his last NHL contract, and then go back to the KHL unencumbered. He will be a UFA after next year, so when he comes back he can set off a bidding war.

No, he will not be an UFA after this year. Once his contract expires with Nashville he will be an RFA.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#9 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted Image

"Still with the mustard? Really?"

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#10 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,195 posts

Welcome back to a league with hitting and a faster pace... NHL is a completely different and much larger beast than the KHL. All i can say for Radulov is to keep his head up cause he can't skate around with it down as much in the NHL.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#11 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Yes, but then he goes back to fulfill his KHL contract for 12-13, and when he comes back for the 13-14 season, he will be 27 and a UFA.

Via Lysenkov, Medvedev said:
"He does not intend to sign any long term contract with Nashville. Alexander will satisfy his old contract by playing the end of the regular season and the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Then he will become a restricted free agent in accordance with NHL rules. After that [when Radulov turns 27 and he becomes an unrestricted free agent] he will have a right to sign a contract with any NHL club.
"But we believe that next season Alexander will come back to the KHL where the rights to him belong to Ufa. And how [the club] handles those rights, it is up to Salavat Yulaev."

http://sports.yahoo....html#more-27977

Edited by drwscc, 21 March 2012 - 12:20 PM.

Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#12 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

How does he come back to the league without going through waivers? :unsure:

Because he is technically under contract with the Preds still, even though he was playing in another league overseas. BS if you ask me. That's why we lost Nabby through waivers and not to mention the trade deadline was a month ago. This guy was not just 'in their system'. He created a loop hole by giving Nashville the finger 4 years ago.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#13 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Yes, but then he goes back to fulfill his KHL contract for 12-13, and when he comes back for the 13-14 season, he will be 27 and a UFA.

"He does not intend to sign any long term contract with Nashville. Alexander will satisfy his old contract by playing the end of the regular season and the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Then he will become a restricted free agent in accordance with NHL rules. After that [when Radulov turns 27 and he becomes an unrestricted free agent] he will have a right to sign a contract with any NHL club.
"But we believe that next season Alexander will come back to the KHL where the rights to him belong to Ufa. And how [the club] handles those rights, it is up to Salavat Yulaev."

I don't get the quote exactly. How does one go from being an RFA to simply just becoming a UFA. He signed a 3 year entry level contract with Nash, with the expiration status of RFA. So while being an RFA he can just go back to the KHL and it disregards everything?

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#14 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

I think Radulov will be either night or day for Nashville. Guy will either be incredible and shock everyone or he will just totally be invisible out there.

Posted Image

#15 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

I thought the NHL was trying to keep teams from hiding guys in the KHL and then bringing them in right before the playoffs. That's what makes this move by the league puzzling.

Sure they had a contract with him, but it's not like it has been counted against the cap, has it?

As much as people think the Wings get special treatment, I have to wonder if it being Nashville was a factor in their ruling. Helping a struggling franchise go deeper in the playoffs.

The league ruling is what it is I guess. Now it'll be interesting to see how he does. It's certainly a nice position for the Preds to be in though since they'e basically got nothing to lose.

#16 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

the president of the khl said alex radulov will be back in the khl next season,but radulov said today in his press conference that he did not say anything or promise anything to anybody

Radulov told gm david poile that he doesn't have a contract or promise to go back to the khl

#17 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,711 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Most of the players on the team have never played with this guy.

Now someone is losing a roster spot over a player who's not even a true team player, who may not be back after the season.

I know it's a business, but I bet there's a lot of angry players in the Nashville locker room.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#18 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

I don't get the quote exactly. How does one go from being an RFA to simply just becoming a UFA. He signed a 3 year entry level contract with Nash, with the expiration status of RFA. So while being an RFA he can just go back to the KHL and it disregards everything?

It's because he will be 27. And yes, pretty much. From the looks of it this was a move on his part to rid himself of the remaining year on his ELC while Nashville wants the help for the playoffs. It's pretty much a win/win for everyone except 29 other teams.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#19 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

"Still with the mustard? Really?"

Is that a recent photo? He is looking almost as plump as Big Buff did over the summer!

#20 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

He is the all time leader scorer in the KHL...

Nope, with the KHL agreeing to let Radulov play in the NHL this season, he has to play in the KHL next season... So basically he is a playoff rental from overseas, which should not be allowed by the NHL, but Bettman is so desperate to have another one of his "Southern" teams win a Cup, he will allow almost anything...let the Wings try something like this...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?