• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Radulov Returns

Rate this topic

I hope Matt Cooke knocks his brain matter into 2014.

Besides the whole Matt Cooke thing getting way out of proportion especially with his recent play, I certainly wouldn't wish injury on any person regardless. Very immature thing to say...

Isn't this the same Alexander Radulov that has a career high 26 goals in the NHL? The same guy that has spent the last 4 years in the KHL? We saw how much that did for Hudler's career and he was just there for a season.

That was also the very immature Alexander Radulov that injuried Arnott during his goal celebration. He's also been the leading goal scorer in the KHL for the previous two season. I think the two biggest affects from KHL to NHL is obviously the rink size, which would affect passing and pace. Hudler would be more effected by that, Radulov probably wouldn't be as bad as Hudler but he also played 4 seasons in the KHL. I think he'll do fine these remaining games.

EDIT: Also, this will probably ensure Weber and Suter to resign in Nashville. His problems previously with Nashville was his immaturity between the veterans. Now that they are gone, he comes back and quite frankly that locker room is pretty excited to see him back. Especially Weber and Suter.

Edited by evilzyme

That was also the very immature Alexander Radulov that injuried Arnott during his goal celebration. He's also been the leading goal scorer in the KHL for the previous two season. I think the two biggest affects from KHL to NHL is obviously the rink size, which would affect passing and pace. Hudler would be more effected by that, Radulov probably wouldn't be as bad as Hudler but he also played 4 seasons in the KHL. I think he'll do fine these remaining games.

EDIT: Also, this will probably ensure Weber and Suter to resign in Nashville. His problems previously with Nashville was his immaturity between the veterans. Now that they are gone, he comes back and quite frankly that locker room is pretty excited to see him back. Especially Weber and Suter.

Not necessarily. He still has a year on his contract in the KHL that they are expecting him to fulfill. I believe the KHL allowed this so he could burn off his last NHL contract, and then go back to the KHL unencumbered. He will be a UFA after next year, so when he comes back he can set off a bidding war.

Not necessarily. He still has a year on his contract in the KHL that they are expecting him to fulfill. I believe the KHL allowed this so he could burn off his last NHL contract, and then go back to the KHL unencumbered. He will be a UFA after next year, so when he comes back he can set off a bidding war.

No, he will not be an UFA after this year. Once his contract expires with Nashville he will be an RFA.

Yes, but then he goes back to fulfill his KHL contract for 12-13, and when he comes back for the 13-14 season, he will be 27 and a UFA.

Via Lysenkov, Medvedev said:

"He does not intend to sign any long term contract with Nashville. Alexander will satisfy his old contract by playing the end of the regular season and the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Then he will become a restricted free agent in accordance with NHL rules. After that [when Radulov turns 27 and he becomes an unrestricted free agent] he will have a right to sign a contract with any NHL club.

"But we believe that next season Alexander will come back to the KHL where the rights to him belong to Ufa. And how [the club] handles those rights, it is up to Salavat Yulaev."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/why-did-khl-allow-alex-radulov-leave-nashville-211640021.html#more-27977

Edited by drwscc

How does he come back to the league without going through waivers? :unsure:

Because he is technically under contract with the Preds still, even though he was playing in another league overseas. BS if you ask me. That's why we lost Nabby through waivers and not to mention the trade deadline was a month ago. This guy was not just 'in their system'. He created a loop hole by giving Nashville the finger 4 years ago.

Yes, but then he goes back to fulfill his KHL contract for 12-13, and when he comes back for the 13-14 season, he will be 27 and a UFA.

"He does not intend to sign any long term contract with Nashville. Alexander will satisfy his old contract by playing the end of the regular season and the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Then he will become a restricted free agent in accordance with NHL rules. After that [when Radulov turns 27 and he becomes an unrestricted free agent] he will have a right to sign a contract with any NHL club.

"But we believe that next season Alexander will come back to the KHL where the rights to him belong to Ufa. And how [the club] handles those rights, it is up to Salavat Yulaev."

http://sports.yahoo....html#more-27977

I don't get the quote exactly. How does one go from being an RFA to simply just becoming a UFA. He signed a 3 year entry level contract with Nash, with the expiration status of RFA. So while being an RFA he can just go back to the KHL and it disregards everything?

I thought the NHL was trying to keep teams from hiding guys in the KHL and then bringing them in right before the playoffs. That's what makes this move by the league puzzling.

Sure they had a contract with him, but it's not like it has been counted against the cap, has it?

As much as people think the Wings get special treatment, I have to wonder if it being Nashville was a factor in their ruling. Helping a struggling franchise go deeper in the playoffs.

The league ruling is what it is I guess. Now it'll be interesting to see how he does. It's certainly a nice position for the Preds to be in though since they'e basically got nothing to lose.

http://sports.yahoo....html#more-27977

the president of the khl said alex radulov will be back in the khl next season,but radulov said today in his press conference that he did not say anything or promise anything to anybody

Radulov told gm david poile that he doesn't have a contract or promise to go back to the khl

Most of the players on the team have never played with this guy.

Now someone is losing a roster spot over a player who's not even a true team player, who may not be back after the season.

I know it's a business, but I bet there's a lot of angry players in the Nashville locker room.

I don't get the quote exactly. How does one go from being an RFA to simply just becoming a UFA. He signed a 3 year entry level contract with Nash, with the expiration status of RFA. So while being an RFA he can just go back to the KHL and it disregards everything?

It's because he will be 27. And yes, pretty much. From the looks of it this was a move on his part to rid himself of the remaining year on his ELC while Nashville wants the help for the playoffs. It's pretty much a win/win for everyone except 29 other teams.

He is the all time leader scorer in the KHL...

Nope, with the KHL agreeing to let Radulov play in the NHL this season, he has to play in the KHL next season... So basically he is a playoff rental from overseas, which should not be allowed by the NHL, but Bettman is so desperate to have another one of his "Southern" teams win a Cup, he will allow almost anything...let the Wings try something like this...

He is the all time leader scorer in the KHL...

Nope, with the KHL agreeing to let Radulov play in the NHL this season, he has to play in the KHL next season... So basically he is a playoff rental from overseas, which should not be allowed by the NHL, but Bettman is so desperate to have another one of his "Southern" teams win a Cup, he will allow almost anything...let the Wings try something like this...

He's also the only NHL-calibre forward to spend 4 years of his prime in the KHL.

I thought the NHL was trying to keep teams from hiding guys in the KHL and then bringing them in right before the playoffs. That's what makes this move by the league puzzling.

Sure they had a contract with him, but it's not like it has been counted against the cap, has it?

As much as people think the Wings get special treatment, I have to wonder if it being Nashville was a factor in their ruling. Helping a struggling franchise go deeper in the playoffs.

The league ruling is what it is I guess. Now it'll be interesting to see how he does. It's certainly a nice position for the Preds to be in though since they'e basically got nothing to lose.

They signed an agreement to make sure these events wouldn't happen again 4 days after he bolted.

I hate it, but the spirit of the rule doesn't really apply in Radulov's case.

It seems shady, but there is no difference in doing this or calling up any other black ace for the playoffs.

If he is on the 50 man roster and under a valid contract.

What needs to change is the way teams are allowed to "pause" contracts while players get to sign another in a different league.

Compensating teams for picks that leave while RFA seems like a better system than allowing the player to come and go as he feels.

As soon as Radulov left the Preds his contract should have been terminated and Nashville should have received a compensatory pick in the draft.

Meanwhile, Radulov would not be allowed to rejoin the NHL until he would become a UFA at 27.

That would have solved all of this mess and Nashville would have had a player likely ready to play by now.

Also, does anyone believe Huet is coming back to Chicago?

There needs to be a time limit or something for these contracts before they are required to be bought out.

Hiding a horrible contract in a different league is blatant cap manipulation and should be against the rules.

Ask NJD about cap manipulation, I wonder what coming season they are going to forfeit a 1st round pick because they attempted to sign Kovy to a legal contract at the time.

The worst part for them is that after all that, they haven't done good so now they have to pray they do good so they don't have to forfeit a top 1st round pick.

Blah...almost game time.