• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Radulov Returns

Rate this topic

Most of the players on the team have never played with this guy.

Now someone is losing a roster spot over a player who's not even a true team player, who may not be back after the season.

I know it's a business, but I bet there's a lot of angry players in the Nashville locker room.

Same thing with Quincey when he was acquired at the deadline then? I bet there's a lot of angry players in the Detroit locker room.

He scores a goal to bring his +/- up to -2...

Off topic, but the more I see of Suter the less I would ever want him on the Wings. He makes some terrible decisions trying to defend guys who are entering the zone. We saw it first hand with the Z to Datsyuk goal, and I've noticed it several times since then.

Edited by SoupSnake

No surprise here.

It's a +1 for the NHL and a corresponding -1 for the KHL. That's good business. And slapping neither the player nor the franchise on the wrist is good PR ("Look at us, we value our players, we treat them with people, we treat them like family"), which is good business.

Edited by Dabura

Same thing with Quincey when he was acquired at the deadline then? I bet there's a lot of angry players in the Detroit locker room.

Quincey got put on waivers and was picked up by LA. That's not the same as running to the money in the KHL when you're under contract in the NHL. Radulov bailed on his team in very much the same way Hudler did.

Quincey got put on waivers and was picked up by LA. That's not the same as running to the money in the KHL when you're under contract in the NHL. Radulov bailed on his team in very much the same way Hudler did.

I believe the point was that on any trade there was a roster spot given up - referring to the acquisition of Quincey, not the departure. We got rid of Commodore who was riding the pine anyway and brought in a #4-6 D. The guys below him on the updated lineup would "be pissed" because someone (Kindl) would be pushed out of the lineup on a consistent basis.

I believe the point was that on any trade there was a roster spot given up - referring to the acquisition of Quincey, not the departure. We got rid of Commodore who was riding the pine anyway and brought in a #4-6 D. The guys below him on the updated lineup would "be pissed" because someone (Kindl) would be pushed out of the lineup on a consistent basis.

This is what I meant.

This is what I meant.

I get that. But with Radulov it's a little different because they're not losing a roster spot to a player brought in on trade. That happens a lot in the NHL and while it's got to be demoralizing, it's part of the business.

With Radulov's return, they're losing their roster spot to a guy who was under contract but ran to the KHL for more money until he felt like coming back. To me that's going to add some extra sting to losing your ice time.

I get that. But with Radulov it's a little different because they're not losing a roster spot to a player brought in on trade. That happens a lot in the NHL and while it's got to be demoralizing, it's part of the business.

With Radulov's return, they're losing their roster spot to a guy who was under contract but ran to the KHL for more money until he felt like coming back. To me that's going to add some extra sting to losing your ice time.

Also in the Quincy trade it was out of his hands. He didn't have a say in being traded to Tampa Bay and didn't have a say in subsequently traded to Detroit. Radulov on the other hand bolted of his on volition, let the team he ditched go through the grind of the first 70 games of the season and getting the Preds into a playoff position, and shows up playing the white knight (at least that has largely been the media's portrayal) to save the day and help the Preds advance through the playoffs.

Additionally, Quincy's being added to the Wings happened in the ordinary course of business while Radulov's did not. To me it is apples and oranges comparing the Quincy and Radulov, it would a much closer comparison to compare Radulov's actions to what Selanne did when he sat out a good portion of the season a few years ago contemplating retirement.