• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

3/21 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Rangers 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Every point counts at this stage. But I think it seems like the wings would be better off getting the 6th seed versus the 4th or 5th at this point. I'd rather play a Dallas or Phoenix. Both those teams are 8-10 points back from everybody else in the top of the conference and it's funny to me that the one that doesn't get the 3rd seed may MISS the playoffs!

1st goal was weak by everyone on the ice. Good on Conks for rebounding and earning us the point though :thumbup: Shame on everyone not named Zetterberg tonight, tough bunch of guys to watch right now.

I thought everyone except Datsyuk had a good game tonight.

Well your an idiot for bashing Pavs and clearly you know nothing about hockey! IT TAKES 4-5 games for a player to get back into form after injuries... anyone that pays attention to hockey knows that. To top that, at least Pavs was out there trying and created some chances. HE has a reason to be a little slow and rusty tonight and I have no doubt in my mind that after a couple more games he will be at the top of his game.

Players that did not have an excuse to be terrible tonight were Cleary, Hudler and I thought Stu was slow too. I have noticed Stu and Kronners have been slow at several points since taking over the top pairing... a clear difference between them and #5.

They played horrible, Conklin had a great game but the Wings seemed to lose every loose puck race tonight, don't know how they managed to get a point.

Edited by Yak19

Well your an idiot for bashing Pavs and clearly you know nothing about hockey! IT TAKES 4-5 games for a player to get back into form after injuries... anyone that pays attention to hockey knows that. To top that, at least Pavs was out there trying and created some chances. HE has a reason to be a little slow and rusty tonight and I have no doubt in my mind that after a couple more games he will be at the top of his game.

Players that did not have an excuse to be terrible tonight were Cleary, Hudler and I thought Stu was slow too. I have noticed Stu and Kronners have been slow at several points since taking over the top pairing... a clear difference between them and #5.

I agree with your assessment. I really think it will take some of these players that are coming back from injury a little time to get their groove back.

At the same time, that won't stop their detractors from crapping on them while they aren't producing. Some of the members of this forum really make me sick sometimes. The negative nancys, the bandwagon fans that say they love the team in one breath and that they are sick of watching the team the next, and so on. These are not fans, and this forum is no longer populated by true fans of this team. There are too many whining entitled dorks that I am, quite frankly, sick of.

The only thing that keeps me around these forums are the members who do have that passion left to root for their team through thick and thin. Those members are hard to come by though. Which is why, when the Wings fall on hard times, the bandwagon fans will hopefully jump off and run to another team and ***** on their forums.

Unless your name is Crosby. <_<

Edited by greenrebellion

Every point counts at this stage. But I think it seems like the wings would be better off getting the 6th seed versus the 4th or 5th at this point. I'd rather play a Dallas or Phoenix. Both those teams are 8-10 points back from everybody else in the top of the conference and it's funny to me that the one that doesn't get the 3rd seed may MISS the playoffs!

While playing Dallas or Phoenix wouldn't be bad. I think we need to avoid that 6th spot, because there is still a very good chance that the Sharks will grab 3rd, and I would prefer to avoid them in the first round. Finishing 4th would be nice, because at least it gives us home ice in round 1, and possibly later rounds if lower seeds advance. Next 3 games are against weaker opponents, we really need maximum points.

Haha completely agree with you. Most my friends are Leafs fans or Habs fans and all they do is complain that us Wings fans are bandwagons. It saddens me to say that yes there are a lot of bandwagon Wings fans who LOVE them while they are playing good, but if they have a bad game, are put on the Americans most wanted list on these forums. Take Zetterberg as a prime example. Earlier in the season, everyone was BASHING him nonstop... past his prime, worthless and there were even threads made suggesting to TRADE HIM! Now that he has found his game, those SAME "fans" are praising him and love him again. Then there are those fans that supported Hank all along and knew he would find his game.

We as fans need to come together to support our team through Great times AND BAD TIMES... that is what fans do. Mark my words, Nick will be back Saturday and the Wings will get back to business on the winning side.

So is Chicago in 5th place now? ,I am not the person to pick your poison in the playoffs but if we were indeed to fall to 6th, we would avoid playing Nashville and let Chicago take them and probably end up playing the Stars...I'd take that everyday.

So is Chicago in 5th place now? ,I am not the person to pick your poison in the playoffs but if we were indeed to fall to 6th, we would avoid playing Nashville and let Chicago take them and probably end up playing the Stars...I'd take that everyday.

Actually right now its Detroit, Nashville, Chicago (4-5-6)

100% agreed. He really looked like he was getting gassed quickly. Maybe they rest him Saturday.

There is a reason they call it game shape, you have to play games to get into it. The bike only does so much. Aslong as his knee is healed the only way to get back up to speed is by playing.

First the positives: Smith really looks like he will develop into a very good NHL defensemen. I've seen improvement in his game since he has been up. I postulate that within a year or 2 he will surpass Ericcson in the depth chart. Nyquist looks like he could easily fill in for Hudler and bring more speed and defense to the top 6. Which begs the question as to why Holland refused to make the trades necessary to impove this team. Both Zetterberg and Fil look like they are getting in good form going into the playoffs.

Now the negatives: Stuart looks pretty s***ty these days. Maybe he is getting too many minutes - but beyond the occasional big hit, I won't miss him too much if Smith is up to stay. Kronwall is not actually a very good defenseman in his own end. Sorry, no Nick Jr, afterall.

Emmerton and Mursak are... meh - inconsequential on any given night. Dan ******* Cleary. (Yes that is his new legal middle name) is so bad I cringe whenever he is on the ice. Can someone explain to me how the coach doesn't see this? Can someone explain to me why is he on the ice in OT? Bertuzzi is a wash - pretty much costs as much as or more than the value he gives.

I think if this team gets Nick back, Helm healthy and Dats and Howard playing well, they could maybe get past the second round, but that would be tough without home ice.

What's also extremely frustrating is the lack of game preparation and execution from a coaching point of view. PP and PK not where they should be - even before injuries. Mental mistakes like tonight are par for the course. I think this is the dark side of never making personnel changes. It's called complacency, tuning out the coach and getting sloppy.

The other frustration is that we have as good a defensive group including the goalie as we have had since the mid 90's and yet we have not been able to create a supporting forward cast able to validate Datsyuks talent or in the end to win a cup. I believe 2008/2009 was the last great run and we won't be seeing another until the GM and or coach are fired.

Sharing the sentiments about Cleary. How many goals have to go in with Cleary on the ice for Babcock to STOP playing some idiotic hunch that Number 11

Is gonna find his game in OT. f*** sakes

As for the game...Ty was great and I out we ayes well. That was the Zetterberg I know and love!

I agree - love Babcock but I always seem to question his choices for on the ice in the final moments. It used to be Kopecky that I was screaming "why is he on the ice!!??"

Guest Hatethedrake!

The Wings were missing 8 regular players. The Rangers are completely healthy. I saw a Wings team battle as hard as they could against one of the best teams in the league on the road and against the best goalie in the NHL. I am very proud of this team even though they lost in overtime. This team will be just fine in the playoffs when players start returning (especially Lidstrom). Conklin played a solid game. Good for him. I see the Wings winning their next 3 games (Columbus twice and Carolina). I think they may even beat Nashville after that. I thought they would get bombed last night but they almost pulled out a win. If they play with as much heart as they did last night, I think better days are ahead for us Wings fans.:thumbup:

More importantly - outside of Brendan Smith - I don't see many current Griffin players doing much in a Red Wings jersey.

As for Cleary - I'm of the opinion he's hampering the team with his immobility, and needs to get his knee repaired sooner than later so he can be 100% healthy for next season...He's gonna continue to be a liability out there in the post season which is the last thing this team needs.

Nyquist? Mursak?

Though I do believe that the "over-ripening" aspect might have been legitimate when we didn't have much room (2008) to fit those younger guys into the system. Now, if they have legitimate NHL talent they should be up on the 3rd or 4th line.

They played well with the exception of Datsyuk, they all did about what they are supposed to do. Zetterberg looks like himself and even Conks was good. Don't know what Datsyuk was thinking on the OT goal, not sure what he saw to make him double the dude coming over the line, you knew they would send it to the open and then bam its in the net. He'll be fine, everyone makes mistakes.

I don't understand the panic on this board, when healthy they can play with anyone and have proven so. When guys go down your team is going to get worse and if you lose 8 or 9 guys your going to lose a bunch of games. The starters are the starters for a reason.

I had this game set to record since I had choir practice. It did not record. Could it be that it knew Eddie O. was going to do the game? I know DVR's are becoming more complex and specialized, but a good taste chip? Who knew! :ph34r:

Edited by Vladifan