Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

3/21 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Rangers 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#321 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

From what? We were never behind in this game.

They bounced back from the utter s***fest that was the last game. I KNOW they were never behind in this one.

#322 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

One bright spot was nyquist again. I know he got gun-shy on the 2 on 1 but he makes really smart plays along the boards and opens up space around him. Just wait until he gains strength like Z and he will be dominating out there.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#323 Lunker74

Lunker74

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

Are you Mickey Redmond? If not, you're channeling him.

better to lose now than go in too hot. been there done that too many times. were good. no worries

#324 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

Shoot for that sixth seed boys!

#325 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

Well at least Nyquist looks like a bad ass on either top six line. I also have to say at least the effort was there tonight, you can't win them all even when trying. Cleary is still such a terrible hockey player that I think it transends to the point that I think he kills kittens and runs over old ladies. Hudler sucks as well. Flip is the man!

Edited by ben_usmc, 21 March 2012 - 09:36 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#326 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Even though we lost good effort tonight. Got a point at least.

#327 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

1st goal was weak by everyone on the ice. Good on Conks for rebounding and earning us the point though :thumbup: Shame on everyone not named Zetterberg tonight, tough bunch of guys to watch right now.

#NOMOREKINDL

#328 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Every point counts at this stage. But I think it seems like the wings would be better off getting the 6th seed versus the 4th or 5th at this point. I'd rather play a Dallas or Phoenix. Both those teams are 8-10 points back from everybody else in the top of the conference and it's funny to me that the one that doesn't get the 3rd seed may MISS the playoffs!
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#329 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Also please fire both Assitant coaches, I assume they are responsable for the defense and PP/PK because they have become absolute s***.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#330 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Glad to see Conks play well and get the point.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#331 SoupSnake

SoupSnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Annnnd Chicago wins. The Central race is going to be interesting.

#332 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

1st goal was weak by everyone on the ice. Good on Conks for rebounding and earning us the point though :thumbup: Shame on everyone not named Zetterberg tonight, tough bunch of guys to watch right now.

I thought everyone except Datsyuk had a good game tonight.

Posted Image

#333 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Rumor has it that Mike Illitch is considering bringing in Stone Cold Steve Austin to give a motivational speech on how best to prepare this team for the rigors of a title run. I think we'll be just fine.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#334 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Well your an idiot for bashing Pavs and clearly you know nothing about hockey! IT TAKES 4-5 games for a player to get back into form after injuries... anyone that pays attention to hockey knows that. To top that, at least Pavs was out there trying and created some chances. HE has a reason to be a little slow and rusty tonight and I have no doubt in my mind that after a couple more games he will be at the top of his game.

Players that did not have an excuse to be terrible tonight were Cleary, Hudler and I thought Stu was slow too. I have noticed Stu and Kronners have been slow at several points since taking over the top pairing... a clear difference between them and #5.

#335 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

They played horrible, Conklin had a great game but the Wings seemed to lose every loose puck race tonight, don't know how they managed to get a point.

Edited by Yak19, 21 March 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#336 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

Well your an idiot for bashing Pavs and clearly you know nothing about hockey! IT TAKES 4-5 games for a player to get back into form after injuries... anyone that pays attention to hockey knows that. To top that, at least Pavs was out there trying and created some chances. HE has a reason to be a little slow and rusty tonight and I have no doubt in my mind that after a couple more games he will be at the top of his game.

Players that did not have an excuse to be terrible tonight were Cleary, Hudler and I thought Stu was slow too. I have noticed Stu and Kronners have been slow at several points since taking over the top pairing... a clear difference between them and #5.

I agree with your assessment. I really think it will take some of these players that are coming back from injury a little time to get their groove back.

At the same time, that won't stop their detractors from crapping on them while they aren't producing. Some of the members of this forum really make me sick sometimes. The negative nancys, the bandwagon fans that say they love the team in one breath and that they are sick of watching the team the next, and so on. These are not fans, and this forum is no longer populated by true fans of this team. There are too many whining entitled dorks that I am, quite frankly, sick of.

The only thing that keeps me around these forums are the members who do have that passion left to root for their team through thick and thin. Those members are hard to come by though. Which is why, when the Wings fall on hard times, the bandwagon fans will hopefully jump off and run to another team and ***** on their forums.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#337 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Unless your name is Crosby. <_<

Edited by greenrebellion, 21 March 2012 - 10:36 PM.

#338 Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Every point counts at this stage. But I think it seems like the wings would be better off getting the 6th seed versus the 4th or 5th at this point. I'd rather play a Dallas or Phoenix. Both those teams are 8-10 points back from everybody else in the top of the conference and it's funny to me that the one that doesn't get the 3rd seed may MISS the playoffs!

While playing Dallas or Phoenix wouldn't be bad. I think we need to avoid that 6th spot, because there is still a very good chance that the Sharks will grab 3rd, and I would prefer to avoid them in the first round. Finishing 4th would be nice, because at least it gives us home ice in round 1, and possibly later rounds if lower seeds advance. Next 3 games are against weaker opponents, we really need maximum points.

#339 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

Haha completely agree with you. Most my friends are Leafs fans or Habs fans and all they do is complain that us Wings fans are bandwagons. It saddens me to say that yes there are a lot of bandwagon Wings fans who LOVE them while they are playing good, but if they have a bad game, are put on the Americans most wanted list on these forums. Take Zetterberg as a prime example. Earlier in the season, everyone was BASHING him nonstop... past his prime, worthless and there were even threads made suggesting to TRADE HIM! Now that he has found his game, those SAME "fans" are praising him and love him again. Then there are those fans that supported Hank all along and knew he would find his game.

We as fans need to come together to support our team through Great times AND BAD TIMES... that is what fans do. Mark my words, Nick will be back Saturday and the Wings will get back to business on the winning side.

#340 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

So is Chicago in 5th place now? ,I am not the person to pick your poison in the playoffs but if we were indeed to fall to 6th, we would avoid playing Nashville and let Chicago take them and probably end up playing the Stars...I'd take that everyday.