• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jedi

3/21 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Rangers 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Couple of bonehead (rookie) plays in the defense zone, and everyone else is trying to be to pretty with the puck in the defensive zone. That being said, we had some good outlet plays too, and we look OK at center ice and pretty decent in the offensive zone.

SPECIAL TEAMS SUCK ASS.

I cant wait for Nick to be back... the team is playing better tonight but it seems like there are times where they "rush" to get the puck and and in doing so make a bad turnover... that does not happen with Nick. Other than the 4 or so giveaways I thought the Wings had a good period.

As for the PK, Kronners simply has to be better than that... he is too good of a dman to let Richards by so easily. having said that, why the hell was Stuart up so high?? Frickin Pasha was back more than him... really it was Stuart being so high that led to the goal... PK has to be better than that... agaain Nick will fix that.

They got out of the first tied and they broke the seal with Lundqvist. I'll take that compared to just about every recent game. Plus, Z drew first blood, so the Zetterbeard is in effect. Conklin has looked OK. Not great, but not as bad as his last stint up in Detroit.

Keep focused, keep pressure, and open it up in the second. Let's Go Wings! Let's Go Wings! Let's Go Wings!

I cant wait for Nick to be back... the team is playing better tonight but it seems like there are times where they "rush" to get the puck and and in doing so make a bad turnover... that does not happen with Nick. Other than the 4 or so giveaways I thought the Wings had a good period.

oh ya, for sure. Replace Janik with Lidstrom and we look good even without helm and franzen.

I see Cleary has replaced Ericsson as the board whipping boy. Usually by the same people that have bashed Cleary for years, but are extra vocal now.

Anyways, not a bad period overall. Nyquist looks really comfortable out there. Too many sloppy turnovers they need to cut down on, but at least they are in the game. I wasn't too sure that would be the case.

I see Cleary has replaced Ericsson as the board whipping boy. Usually by the same people that have bashed Cleary for years, but are extra vocal now.

Anyways, not a bad period overall. Nyquist looks really comfortable out there. Too many sloppy turnovers they need to cut down on, but at least they are in the game. I wasn't too sure that would be the case.

...wait until Ericsson returns.

I just think the team is "off" and has been for awhile, and it's because of too many young new players on the team. That has put the entire team out of sync. I think with all the starters, cleary would look better, Kronwall would look better, Stuart would look better, hell, maybe even Hudler would look better (although I doubt it, he looks like a boy amongst men).

It may be a blessing to end up 6th, and play the dallas/phoenix teams. I think it's pathetic that if you are in that division challenging for the 3rd seed, it's possible you could end up 3rd, or 9th LOL. Give me a break.

...wait until Ericsson returns.

Haha, very true. It won't take long. Although, I will say I hope E gets back soon. He takes a lot of heat, but he's actually pretty responsible defensively and that's something the Red Wings are sorely lacking lately. Quincey hasn't been as solid in that regard as I anticipated.

Edited by GoWings1905

His knee has been injured most of the season. How do you conclude he doesn't have it anymore when his knee is healthy?

There's two possibilities: Either his knee is ok and he is in a SERIOUS slump, or his knee is not ok and it is clrealy taking it's toll on his preformance. Either way is not good. If he is injured he needs to sit and heal. And if he is just bad than his minutes need to take a serious dip.

Haha, very true. It won't take long. Although, I will say I hope E gets back soon. He takes a lot of heat, but he's actually pretty responsible defensively and that's something the Red Wings are dearly lacking lately. Quincey hasn't been as solid in that regard as I expected.

I Guess it's true that a defensman really needs 4 full years in the league before you can write him off. To be honet, I was ready to write Kronwall off until 2008. He made so many boneheaded plays.

There's two possibilities: Either his knee is ok and he is in a SERIOUS slump, or his knee is not ok and it is clrealy taking it's toll on his preformance. Either way is not good. If he is injured he needs to sit and heal. And if he is just bad than his minutes need to take a serious dip.

I believe the team has known he will need surgery after this season. When the team is healthy(er), I wouldn't mind the team letting him heal. However, I don't think it's correct to say that he doesn't have it anymore.