• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Red Wings Addict

Which team would piss you off the most if they won the cup?

Rate this topic

hockey-08-virtual-trading-card-04-the-angry-fan.jpg

Which team would piss you off the most if they won the cup this year?

I'm not 100% sure which one team would piss me off the most. Right now for me I'd say it's among the rather obvious handful of teams: Vancouver, Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, San Jose and maybe St. Louis; with Vancouver as the current frontrunner by default.

Columbus. Parity shmarity. If you don't win during the regular season, you shouldn't get to win the Cup.

Seriously, I don't want to witness the salivating that would happen if the Penis won it.

I really don't want to see anyone other than the Wings, but that kind of goes without saying, huh?

At first I thought I had some crud on my screen or something. Well played. Although Penis instead of Pens is too much of a compliment to them for my liking.

I've done that many times. It seems to fit. Kind of like Analheim.

As much as I would hate to see the Pens win it, nothing would annoy me more than to see the Canucks hoist the cup.

someone give this dude some +'s...i'm not even half way through my coffee and i hit the wrong button like a derp... i agree 100%, i hate the canucks so much it's actually cynical. that chicago fan's post from TLow was great! aside from them also as the front runner for not winning, i'd say the Pens, Sharts, Caps, and Montreal. i would very much like to live long enough to see the Wings pass them for stanley cup wins. and they'll do it without getting first dibs at all the french canadians for what? 50 years?

the teams i'd rather win the cup on the other hand are the Wings of couse, also the Bruins, Blues would be cool, i do like the Hawks and either the Jets or the Sabres as a long shot for whoever knocks the Caps out of 8th.

None really.

Pitt comes close - while it is difficult to like them to start and they beat us in 2009 in a bitter fashion, for me it's not so much about them themselves as the absurd amount of attention they get (plenty deserved obviously but it gets too much after a while - and no I'm not looking for the Wings to get that much attention), but we don't need to go into that since it's been mentioned in here plenty in the past.

Other than that, nobody really. Wasn't happy or mad that Chicago won recently, not from the areas so I guess I don't understand or get into the rivalry as much.

Rivalries and dislikings can be fun obviously, just don't like getting into them much - on this level or for my college/alma mater and what not - just gets over the top sometimes and I don't like going that route. Just want my team to win and more often than not that's enough for me.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

The Pens. The fans are already beyond obnoxious, imagine if they had another championship. UGH Unfortunately, I think its inevitable that they'll win at least one more Cup.

Yeah I would expect you to say Pitt since you live there; and respectively the same for people who live in Chicago.

For me it would have to be: Pens, Blues, Sharks, Hawks, Preds. I don't want Nashville to win after the whole Radulov thing, plus I want a top-tier D man this summer and that might hinder those chances, not to mention it really looks like we might draw them in the first round. I didn't really care when s***cago won in '10, but mainly because we didn't lose to them en route. I never want someone to win the cup on the backs of the Wings. Of course, the 'Detroit Sucks' thing is beyond annoying, especially when we're not even playing them. Talk about inferiority complex.

Edited by rrasco

Oh God...it's a long list.

Vancouver, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St. Louis, Anaheim (not that there's any chance of that one), Chicago. If we can't win it, well, then I would love to see Winnepeg get it - how wonderful that would be for them.

I almost forgot Nashville. They wouldn't know what to do with it if they had it.

Edited by Kira

Only Pittsburgh and Vancouver would piss me off. Biggest bunch of whiners I've ever seen in the NHL. Can't say I'd be happy for St. Louis if they won though, especially if they beat the Wings along the way, but it wouldn't piss me off, I don't think.