Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Which team would piss you off the most if they won the cup?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

Vancouver-San Jose

No other team even comes close I can't stand either of these two...
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#22 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:05 AM

For me it would have to be: Pens, Blues, Sharks, Hawks, Preds. I don't want Nashville to win after the whole Radulov thing, plus I want a top-tier D man this summer and that might hinder those chances, not to mention it really looks like we might draw them in the first round. I didn't really care when s***cago won in '10, but mainly because we didn't lose to them en route. I never want someone to win the cup on the backs of the Wings. Of course, the 'Detroit Sucks' thing is beyond annoying, especially when we're not even playing them. Talk about inferiority complex.

Edited by rrasco, 23 March 2012 - 09:06 AM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  MOTB TOTAL: $12

#23 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Oh God...it's a long list.

Vancouver, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St. Louis, Anaheim (not that there's any chance of that one), Chicago. If we can't win it, well, then I would love to see Winnepeg get it - how wonderful that would be for them.

I almost forgot Nashville. They wouldn't know what to do with it if they had it.

Edited by Kira, 23 March 2012 - 09:14 AM.

Posted Image

#24 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

Only Pittsburgh and Vancouver would piss me off. Biggest bunch of whiners I've ever seen in the NHL. Can't say I'd be happy for St. Louis if they won though, especially if they beat the Wings along the way, but it wouldn't piss me off, I don't think.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#25 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

New Jersey
then
Vancouver

#26 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

As long as Pittsburgh, Vancouver, or any other Canadian team don't win the cup I could care less.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#27 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

In no order: chicago, vancouver, san jose, pittsburgh

#28 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

I always root for the Wings, but if they get knocked out, I root for someone who hasn't won the cup in a while. I was ok with Chicago and Boston winning the cup the last couple seasons because they endured many drought years before they won it.

This year, I would be upset if Boston, Chicago, or the Pens won it since they have won it recently. New Jersey and Dallas wouldn't be horrible, but I wouldn't root for them much. I am ok with Vancouver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Phoenix, Dallas, Blues, Florida, Phily, Ottawa, Rangers, or Washington.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#29 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

...i hate the canucks so much it's actually cynical.

I SO hear you. I live 60 minutes south of Vancouver. It's a really cool place, until you get to talking hockey with them.

But it's a super tough choice for me.

Someone posted San Jose and I thought "Oh Yeah yeah yeah yeah, San Jose, not Thornton, no way, God please don't let them win it."

But then someone else posted Chicago and I thought "NO way, two Cups to Zero in the last few years, no God, don't let them win"

The someone posted Pittsburgh and i thought, "God, don't make me deal with that! Not the 'I never want to be there again" No!"

I guess for me, it's between Vancouver, Chicago, San Jose, and Pittsburgh. C'mon Detroit!

#30 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 755 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

(Only including current contenders) These teams are due: Rangers, Sabres, Blues, Canucks, Kings.

It's difficult for me to be pissed about any of these franchises winning it after the roads they've gone through to be competitive and remain that way. DRW are spoiled. I mean come on, some of these teams have been around for so long and have never won one. Why hate on them for winning it if they did? They've struggled long enough, right? I mean, I would love if the Wings won 10 Cups in a row, but in this Salary Cap Age, that's never going to happen, and if the Blues or Kings or Sabres won, I'm sorry...I would be happy for them. That's just me.

That being said - I would F'ing rather watch figure skating for a two months straight than ever see the Blackhawks, Pens, Avs, Ducks, Devils raise Lord Stanley's. At least for another 25 years.

Oh, and the Sharks. They're an outlier. Wouldn't mind if they never won.

Edited by Ram, 23 March 2012 - 10:51 AM.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#31 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Sharks. I hate the Sharks. As happy as it would make me if they missed the playoffs, I would love it if Detroit would sweep their asses even more.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 23 March 2012 - 10:49 AM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#32 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Agree, long list but Pitts has to be on top of it for as long as that prick is playing.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#33 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

Top 3 as of today:

1) Pittsburgh
2) Vancouver
3) New Jersey I guess

I'll have to wait until the playoffs start to make an official list.
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#34 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh again.

But only if Crosby is playing - if he's injured all playoffs and they win it, and as long as they don't beat us in the finals - I'd be curiously satisfied.

Edited by Nev, 23 March 2012 - 12:05 PM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#35 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

Vancouver: I don't want their fans to EVER have Stanley Cup bragging rights
San Jose: I don't want to see the Cup desecrated with such whining diving douchebags (any moreso than it already has by the likes of Forsberg, Crosby, Patrick Kane, etc.)
St. Louis: Little brother will probably not have as good a chance as this year, but I still never want to see it happen

Pittsburgh & Chicago: I don't want either of these teams, nor their fanbases, to have 2 Cups since our last one

Other than that, if someone other than Detroit had to win this year, I wouldn't mind any of the other teams still in contention.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#36 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

As long as Pittsburgh, Vancouver, or any other Canadian team don't win the cup I could care less.

what's with the hate for Canada? no Canadian team is without your hatred? Jets...Oilers?

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#37 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

what's with the hate for Canada? no Canadian team is without your hatred? Jets...Oilers?

I am Canadian and I hate all the Canadian teams and their fan bases. I grew up and still live in "Leafs Territory" and I cannot stand the sad sacks of s*** fans they have.

I guess Winnipeg would be the only Canadian team I'd be okay with since I got family there and they used to send me Jets stuff when I was a kid.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#38 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Sharks. I hate the Sharks. As happy as it would make me if they missed the playoffs, I would love it if Detroit would sweep their asses even more.

I am sooo with you. I want them to make the playoffs so we can have our revenge but if they won the cup...Id be so pissed. Just had the image of Joe Thornton blowing kisses to the crowd and hoisting the Cup. Puked a bit in my mouth. NASTY! :angry:
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!

A buck for any Nyquist, Tater tots, Shehan, Jurco or Deke goal.
2 bucks for any Mule goal.
5 bucks for any Jimmy shut out
.50 cents for every time Chara, "Rat face" Marchant or Lucic is penalized.

#39 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

I am Canadian and I hate all the Canadian teams and their fan bases. I grew up and still live in "Leafs Territory" and I cannot stand the sad sacks of s*** fans they have.

I guess Winnipeg would be the only Canadian team I'd be okay with since I got family there and they used to send me Jets stuff when I was a kid.

Gotcha. I definitely understand. Just making sure you don't just hate Canada for some reason, but seeing as you're Canadian, no worries there... I loathe the Canucks as many know by now. The Leafs...Laughs...nuff said. I don't like the Habs, they are smut. I'm neutral on the Sens and Flames...i have a Spezza and an Iginla shirt, that's about it. I do like the current oilers team, not that '06 crap with "Prongs". I'm from Winnipeg and the Jets have this city pretty much out of control. Our fanbase is insane and gladly not douchey yet. Hopefully it stays that way, cause we love having a team back here and our team is a hard working bunch that deserves the 8th spot above the Caps for sure.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#40 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

Phoenix. Any possibility that Bettman's "blueprint strategy" on running that franchise making sense and a Cup-winning team keeping it in Glendale is not good. Besides, the cost of the cardboard cutouts for the parade would screw up his budget.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.