Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Which team would piss you off the most if they won the cup?

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

As long as St Louis remains virgins for years to come I'll be happy. Even if it means the Pens have to beat them every year
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#62 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Sharks. I hate the Sharks. As happy as it would make me if they missed the playoffs, I would love it if Detroit would sweep their asses even more.

Well that just won't happen. They have our number.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#63 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

I've run into more Blues fans than you have from living in MO for some time.

If they win the Cup, we'll never hear the end of it.

I can back this up. It's like how I never stopped hearing about the 2006 World Series until they won in 2011.
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#64 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

The New York Rangers. The only thing I loathe more than Glen Sather is the city of New York.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#65 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

The New York Rangers. The only thing I loathe more than Glen Sather is the city of New York.

I can see that. It's kind of like Boston last year. I can't stand Boston fans. I hated to see the Bruins win the cup but I damn sure didn't want Vancouver to be champions either. So I rooted for Boston, the slightly lesser of two evils. I'm not regretting how I rooted for Boston but man it's hard to deal with the repercussions of the city of Boston having another championship.

#66 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Vancouver. I hate the Canucks more than any other team in the NHL. They make Wings' rivals look like heroes to me. I even cheer for the Hawks when they play each other. Besides, is there anything greater for Wings fans than seeing those two teams destroy each other?

Seriously though, I used to live in Edmonton, close enough to Vancouver to have some of those knuckle-dragging idiots at Rexall for games. They are the worst fans in hockey. Imagine Leafs fans, but dumber. They have never won a god damned thing in their 40 years of existence, yet they parade around like their s*** doesn't stink. The riot this past summer exemplifies what their fan base is like. Pathetic.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#67 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

Current Tallies.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| -- PIT
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||| -- VAN
|||||||||||||||||||||||| -- SJS
||||||||||||| -- CHI
|||||||||| -- STL
||||| -- NAS
|||| -- MTL
||| -- ANA
||| -- CBJ
||| -- NJD
|| -- BOS
|| -- PHX
| -- CAL
| -- COL
| -- EDM
| -- NYR
| -- OTT
| -- PHI
| -- TOR
| -- WAS
| -- WPG

Top three are currently Pittsburgh, Vancouver and San Jose. Pretty much standard. Although I think the main reason why Pittsburgh is the front runner is because they're the favorite.

Chicago didn't get as many hates as I thought they would.

Some of those results are flat out hilarious. I love how Columbus has three hates.

#68 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:00 AM

One of my good friends is a huge Ranger fan that lives in NY, and he's very cocky about his team (big surprise). I'd be pissed if the Rangers won the cup just because i'd have to listen to him until next season.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#69 MulesWillFly93

MulesWillFly93

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:29 AM

The Canucks or Penguins. Put one in for the Blues, too - their fans are already cocky, and it isn't even the playoffs yet!

If I thought the Sharks or Hawks had a chance, I'd say them, too, but I don't see that happening.

Nobody lives forever.
Some things never die.
Like up in the land of ice and snow,
They tell me that a Red Wing always flies.
RIP Ruslan Salei - Brad McCrimmon - Stefan Liv - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
(Orig. lyrics - Ray Wylie Hubbard, "Airplane Fell Down in Dixie")

#70 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

I'll throw in two for VAN and PIT. I am not going to be completely satisfied until we've won a cup more recently than the Pens. I'm still dying inside from our last playoff meeting.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#71 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

Although I think the main reason why Pittsburgh is the front runner is because they're the favorite of the way we would be relentlessly deep-throated with Crosby hype even worse than we already are

Fixed that for you.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#72 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

As much as I love my housemate, the little douchebaggery of Tim Thomas turned me off on Boston. I don't think we need b.s. like that again. Sorry roomie, but Boston goes on the list.
Posted Image

#73 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Any team that's not Detroit, with the exception of Tampa Bay. I'd love to see Steve skate around with the Cup again, even if it's not with us. Now, if they beat the Red Wings to win the Stanley Cup, I'm going to have a hard time feeling charitable about that, but if we're not even in it....different story.

Every other team can go straight to hell, though.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#74 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Pens first and foremost simply becasue I'm sick of hearing about Crosby and Malkin. I really wish the Wings had one more game against the Pens this season before the playoffs becasue I'd love to see Crosby get Kronwalled and be DONE so I wouldn't have to hear about him anymore. Secondly any Canadian or Californian team would piss me off to see them win the Cup.

#75 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Honestly, this team would BOTH make me happy AND piss me off....Detroit.

Obvious reason's why it would make me happy, but if they won the Cup then Holland will make ZERO changes in the off season and we'd be stuck with the same lazy players that waste my hard earned money during the regular season!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#76 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

Honestly, this team would BOTH make me happy AND piss me off....Detroit.

Obvious reason's why it would make me happy, but if they won the Cup then Holland will make ZERO changes in the off season and we'd be stuck with the same lazy players that waste my hard earned money during the regular season!

Wait, you'll be (partially) mad if they win the cup because then they won't make the changes you think they need. And presumably the reason you think they need to make changes is so that they win the cup. Your circular logic is making my head spin.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#77 Draperfan

Draperfan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Vancouver. I hate the Canucks more than any other team in the NHL. They make Wings' rivals look like heroes to me. I even cheer for the Hawks when they play each other. Besides, is there anything greater for Wings fans than seeing those two teams destroy each other?

Seriously though, I used to live in Edmonton, close enough to Vancouver to have some of those knuckle-dragging idiots at Rexall for games. They are the worst fans in hockey. Imagine Leafs fans, but dumber. They have never won a god damned thing in their 40 years of existence, yet they parade around like their s*** doesn't stink. The riot this past summer exemplifies what their fan base is like. Pathetic.

My feelings exactly,i HATE the Canucks,i live in Victoria just across the water to Vancouver.I have 1st hand knowledge of what the Canuck fans are like and your right they are the worse fans in the league(easily).
user posted image

#78 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

My vote would be San Jose, however, they'll never win anyway. Toronto would be my second pick because I live 40 minutes from downtown Toronto, and wouldn't hear the end of it. But just like SJ, that'll never happen, so I guess I'm good.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#79 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

If the Canucks won I'd be happy for my family from Vancouver, but that's it. Despite being Canadian, I'm the first to say people from Vancouver are a bunch of babies. Plus they hate anything that isn't from Vancouver, especially if it's from Ontario. Same goes for Montreal.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#80 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

My vote would be San Jose, however, they'll never win anyway. Toronto would be my second pick because I live 40 minutes from downtown Toronto, and wouldn't hear the end of it. But just like SJ, that'll never happen, so I guess I'm good.

I'm with you. However, in order to win the cup, you have to make the playoffs. As of right now (Time of this post), San Jose is 2 points out of 8th with a game in hand. The only thing sweeter than the Red Wings beating Sane Jose in the playoffs is San Jose not making the playoffs.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army