• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miksteri

Another Ref Called Out By Vancouver

Rate this topic

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/Canucks+coach+Alain+Vigneault+fingers+referee+over+Daniel+Sedin+injury/6343254/story.html

Not actually surprised by who it is...

"That guy was O'Halloran, who along with fellow referee Kelly Sutherland appeared to go easy on Boston forward Brad Marchand he used Daniel's head as a punching bag in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final. Both players received 10-minute misconducts and Marchand got a two-minute roughing minor.

On Wednesday night, O'Halloran gave Keith an elbowing minor for his hit to the head on Daniel in the first period of Vancouver's 2-1 overtime loss to the Blackhawks at the United Center."

Maybe the refs don't like the Canucks anymore... Maybe the refs in last years playoffs took it easy on Marchand cause the Canucks should have had 45 diving penalties in the first 5 games... Maybe the Canucks are finally getting the reputation they deserve. Karma is a *****.

the responses on here are hilarious. this one is my fav:

"All the american teams,cannot skate or play hockey with the Canucks , so they try to even things up by sending their goons after our star players. Nowadays it is the dirtiest , filthiest team that is 'awarded' the Stanley Cup , notice i did'nt say 'win' the cup , cause no american team is capable of 'winning' the Stanley Cup..."

"All the american teams,cannot skate or play hockey with the Canucks , so they try to even things up by sending their goons after our star players. Nowadays it is the dirtiest , filthiest team that is 'awarded' the Stanley Cup , notice i did'nt say 'win' the cup , cause no american team is capable of 'winning' the Stanley Cup."

Now, I'm assuming that response is from a Canadian....I am now embarrased to share a country with someone like that, but anyway, his/her statement is so ironic:

Last year's playoff teams:

Vancouver - 14 Canadians, 5 Americans

Boston - 15 Canadians, 1 American

Now, I'm assuming that response is from a Canadian....I am now embarrased to share a country with someone like that, but anyway, his/her statement is so ironic:

Last year's playoff teams:

Vancouver - 14 Canadians, 5 Americans

Boston - 15 Canadians, 1 American

On top of that, the hawks have 15 canadians and 4 americans

I live in Vancouver - and hate the Canucks. That said, that was an utterly gutless hit on Sedin from Keith and I can see why the team/fanbase would be outraged that their best player could possibly have a concussion and be out from anywhere from a week to the rest of the season. That said, the bitching about officiating is ridiculous - things happen so fast out there you cant ALWAYS expect a ref to instantly differentiate between a penalty and a major penalty/suspendable offence.

The Canucks are ******* - their play tough/scrappy hockey when it suits them and their playing against a roster they can do it to - but they have no heart in the face of adversity (physical or on the socreboard). Edler stood beside Keith and talked to him during the ensuing scrum - just like Erhoff did when Eager crushed Daniel from behind last year. Gutless that nobody at least tried to knock Keiths remaining 4 teeth down his throat. Burrows tackled him with gloves on them kneed him in the balls ... even more hate ammo for the droves of "Canucks are *******" posters out there.

As much as I try to not despise this team its almost impossible. Even the local media was disappointed with the lack of fight back from this group. They have the #2 seed locked up, drop the mitts, tag him a few times, and Keith will oblige - take the instagator call and be done with it. Bieksa will happily speedbag Stalberg in his first ever NHL fight or dust up Patrick Marleau for his first fight in 7 years - but wont even make eye contact with a tough guy in a scrum.

And yeah, the reffing for the Canucks might not always be favorable ... the team is hated by players and fans league wide because of the actions of a few players. Kesler tries to make calls for refs a handful of times a period and verbally berates them everytime he doesnt get a call. Burrows isnt much better - and the Sedins past history of flop/dropping to get calls might have made the ref under-estimate the severity of the elbow Keith landed on him.

Nothing has changed - the world and the NHL are against the Canucks. Apparently everyone hates them because their the new "powerhouse on the block" ... funny, I dont recall the Pens or Hawks generating this much league wide hate when they rose from the ashes a few years and ago an eventually became Cup Champions. Quinvelle should mail Mike Gillis a violin and some blood pressure medication - he looks like he could use both.

I live near Vancouver and this whining about the refs is so ******* annoying. It's all their team and fans do. They always brings up the Marchand punching Sedin incident and most of the fans are convinced that he didn't even get a penalty. He got two and ten with 1:30 left in the game. How much more should he have received? THe biggest problem is that it comes from the top with the coach and GM doing a lot of the complaining. The other things they always go on about is the officiating in the finals, but if you look at the penalties the Canucks had much more power play time and got away with a lot of stuff. Burrows got away with a bite that would normally be two games, and the next game he scored both goals including the ot winner.

I live in Vancouver - and hate the Canucks.

I mostly read on LGW...rarely log in to post. But this post (all of it) is so squarely on the mark that it require commendation. I don't live in Vancouver...put otherwise, you read my mind.

Well said. Agree 100%.

"That guy was O'Halloran, who along with fellow referee Kelly Sutherland appeared to go easy on Boston forward Brad Marchand he used Daniel's head as a punching bag in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final.

Maybe the Canucks shouldn't have bit fingers, taunted the Bruins, and head hunted Horton in the first 3 games?

I live near Vancouver and this whining about the refs is so ******* annoying. It's all their team and fans do. They always brings up the Marchand punching Sedin incident and most of the fans are convinced that he didn't even get a penalty. He got two and ten with 1:30 left in the game. How much more should he have received? THe biggest problem is that it comes from the top with the coach and GM doing a lot of the complaining. The other things they always go on about is the officiating in the finals, but if you look at the penalties the Canucks had much more power play time and got away with a lot of stuff. Burrows got away with a bite that would normally be two games, and the next game he scored both goals including the ot winner.

And they blame Luongo for the loss.

"All the american teams,cannot skate or play hockey with the Canucks , so they try to even things up by sending their goons after our star players. Nowadays it is the dirtiest , filthiest team that is 'awarded' the Stanley Cup , notice i did'nt say 'win' the cup , cause no american team is capable of 'winning' the Stanley Cup..."

This is why no fan in the league (save VAN fans) should root for the Canucks should they reach the Finals. Following the city-wide celebratory bonfire, their fan base would be so full of themselves, and paranoid of the impending season ruining their team's legacy, that they would call for a halt to the NHL because their team's winning of the Cup perfected hockey and all other games that followed would darken its holy image.

And when the next season started, they would burn their recently rebuilt city down in protest.