• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/24 GDT : Hurricanes 4 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

I swear to god the Wings are cursed. We have been hitting so many stinkin posts lately and missing open nets it is not even funny. Then, opposing teams get lucky goals against us like their goal tonight. Having said that, the Wings were by far the better team that period and if they continue to play with this tempo they will win this game.

Their powerplay already looked 10 times better with Nick back on it... he took a couple good shots and made some really nice passes along the point that gave the PP many more options then the past month.

Now they are playing music off and on, hope they can fix pretty soon, I can hardly see the puck. How in the hell did

I watch hockey in SD all that time, of course it has been...what 2-3 years since HD for FoxSports?!

Wings refuse to shoot the puck on the Power play....Funny, you don't even notice a difference with Franzen not in the lineup.

The shot selection in general is bad. I wish they would make the goalie work laterally. They rely on the shot from the point way too much, no one wants to drive to the net.

The goal was a fluke, the call on Homer was just bad, but I agree the return of Lidstrom seems to have given the boys some more jump in their step and the PP actually looked like it is starting to have some options for scoring as opposed to some of the please get through without a shorthanded against PP chances we've had.

I think if they keep playing they way they did in the first they'll break the seal on Ward and put a few on the board. They're due for an offensive eruption.

The shot selection in general is bad. I wish they would make the goalie work laterally. They rely on the shot from the point way too much, no one wants to drive to the net.

"Babcockian" Philosophy on Hockey. Puts too much reliance on shielding and rebounds.

Wings refuse to shoot the puck on the Power play....Funny, you don't even notice a difference with Franzen not in the lineup.

I do. We score more goals with mule in the line up...doesn't matter how much people hate on him it's true

Edited by brennan17

Haha yah headlines tomorrow will read... "The offensively challenged Red Wings find way against Canes scoring 20 unanswered goals winning the game by a score of 20-1, led by returning Captain Nicklas Lidstrom."

That would be nice. In all seriousness, just playing well and getting a WIN will do it for me :)

Has the old malady of last minute goals in a period turned into first minute goals against? That was a complete defensive breakdown.

Is that JUCK F**KING POTT?

Edited by TheXym