• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/24 GDT : Hurricanes 4 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

How's the attitude working for you, Bubba?

SCOREBOARD. They played a helluva second and third period. And you are nuthin' but the negative nancy of the night.

No, I am a realist...Glad they won, but seriously it was the frickin Hurricanes, if this helps turn their confidence around then that is great, but this comeback does not happen against the Blues or Hawks or Nucks...or most other playoff bound teams. Not being negative really, but the power play and penalty kill will be the death of this team in the playoffs. Be real...and Holland FAILED to address this at the deadline. That is why I hold Holland responsible for it. Even when the team was #1, their PP and PK were one of the worst, they are going to need those in the playoffs and it was not addressed.

I'd be in favor of the system if it showed who neg'd or plus'd you. That way no one could be a coward.

This exactly! This is why I get mad when someone neg's me or anyone else. Not because of the neg, but because they never care to debate why...

Agreed 100%.

If you vote nay then you should be held accountable for that vote and be negged back if the community doesnt like what you have to say.

Exactly! A lot of people's opinions have a certain amount of substance behind it, but certain user who see something, ANYTHING that paints a negative picture about ANYTHING Red Wings, then they neg you and hide without saying why...

All last night, it wasn't like I was saying "Wings Suck" "s***ty Team" "Never Win Again" I was at least saying things and trying to explain why, yet there were still negs flying all over the place even though at the time, they were playing like s***. I think maybe once, I said this team is horrendous...and it was probably after the two quick PP goals against, so I was just so pissed about their special teams and the fact that the PROBLEM WAS NOT ADDRESSED...AT ALL.

I have always said, neg if you want to, I don't care, but at least be man enough to debate why your opinion differs...

and that my friends is the Juck ******* Pott!

Edited by LeftWinger

I really wish people would stop using the whole "he had to use his stick to get up so his knees must be super injured!" thing. Using the stick as leverage to get up is used by players 90% of the time they get knocked down.

I played hockey my whole life, I know how to get up off the ice. It's also blatantly obvious that the guy can barely life himself. You're right, using your stick isn't uncommon. Using your stick and struggling like Cleary was last night is a different story.

Exactly! A lot of people's opinions have a certain amount of substance behind it, but certain user who see something, ANYTHING that paints a negative picture about ANYTHING Red Wings, then they neg you and hide without saying why...

All last night, it wasn't like I was saying "Wings Suck" "s***ty Team" "Never Win Again" I was at least saying things and trying to explain why, yet there were still negs flying all over the place even though at the time, they were playing like s***. I think maybe once, I said this team is horrendous...and it was probably after the two quick PP goals against, so I was just so pissed about their special teams and the fact that the PROBLEM WAS NOT ADDRESSED...AT ALL.

I have always said, neg if you want to, I don't care, but at least be man enough to debate why your opinion differs...

and that my friends is the Juck ******* Pott!

I'll quote your verbatim from last night, "This team is horrendous". Paint whatever picture you want, but last night you weren't making valid points about the team. You were being negative, repeatedly references the same old trade deadline s*** you refuse to let go, and repeatedly telling everyone how "right" you were. I think that you got negged less for having an opinion and more for being obnoxious about how you shared that opinion. YOUR EXACT WORDS WERE "THIS TEAM IS HORRENDOUS", and then you come on here acting like a crybaby saying "it wasn't like I said the team sucked" boohoo. But you did dude, you absolutely ******* did.

Here's another couple of quotes from you last night. "*******", not sure if this was in reference to the team or to the other members here,but classy none the less. Here's one that was definitely aimed at the other members here "you @@@@@s are delusional". But you're right, you were using perfectly rational arguments to explain, calmly and reasonably, your frustration with the current play of the team.

If you remember it like that I'd love to know what the rest of the fever dream you call a life looks like.

Edited by kipwinger

I played hockey my whole life, I know how to get up off the ice. It's also blatantly obvious that the guy can barely life himself. You're right, using your stick isn't uncommon. Using your stick and struggling like Cleary was last night is a different story.

I'll quote your verbatim from last night, "This team is horrendous". Paint whatever picture you want, but last night you weren't making valid points about the team. You were being negative, repeatedly references the same old trade deadline s*** you refuse to let go, and repeatedly telling everyone how "right" you were. I think that you got negged less for having an opinion and more for being obnoxious about how you shared that opinion. YOUR EXACT WORDS WERE "THIS TEAM IS HORRENDOUS", and then you come on here acting like a crybaby saying "it wasn't like I said the team sucked" boohoo. But you did dude, you absolutely ******* did.

Here's another couple of quotes from you last night. "*******", not sure if this was in reference to the team or to the other members here,but classy none the less. Here's one that was definitely aimed at the other members here "you @@@@@s are delusional". But you're right, you were using perfectly rational arguments to explain, calmly and reasonably, your frustration with the current play of the team.

If you remember it like that I'd love to know what the rest of the fever dream you call a life looks like.

Oh, but if you actually read the post you just replied to, I did refer to the one time I said "This team is Horrendous" and I said that after the quick powerplay goals. This team is a bunch of ******* AND you guys are delusional if you think this team is gonna win the Cup with the crappy special team play. So where is my crying and whining and unjustifiably saying that the team is horrendous or calling out the fact that the problems were not addressed? Did Holland try to address them? Maybe, but the fact remains that Franzen is not going to be the Franzen of 2008 EVER again, Zetterberg is not going to be the Zetterberg of 2008 ever again, so these things must be addressed or this team will continue a downward spiral. Today was a perfect example, Holland chose Kindl's seniority over Smith's far better play...this is what I question and this is what gets me negged for no other reason than "Ooh, you said something bad about the Wings!" NEG!

The team sucks right now. We're playing hard tonight, but that's tonight. Saying the team isn't that good right now, or that we have problems, isn't being negative. It's assessing the situation as honestly as possible. You can phrase it better than "we suck" obviously, but I'm being a bit dramatic to make my point.

Thank you!

It's funny, but someone negged me when I said I just wish the negger's would say why....that is what I mean about some of these users....

You guys are hilarious. I love seeing everyone jump back on the red wings' metaphorical dick once things improve. Many of you are the very definition of bandwagoners. I would love to see what some of you are like in real life. Some of your' comments display a complete lack of character. How do you all handle adversity in the real world? It's a hockey game, a form of entertainment, and guess what. Nothing you do has any affect on the outcome, it's asinine to freak out over such things.

Wow, imagine that, you got negged for speaking the truth...Heaven forbid the truth gets told here....let's just end this now...

Red Wings are Gods! They came back to beat the (LOL) Hurricanes! They will sweep their way to the Cup!

Folks, is that really what you want us to all say? Grow up and be real...and open your mind a bit...

1332641194[/url]' post='2273778']

Would the person that didnt like what I had to say like to give a thoughtful retort to something that is so blantantly obvious?

OK I'm late to the party and I didn't give you a neg, but why the putdown labels to people who don't happen to agree with you? Meanwhile, I saw him play here in Texas twice in the last month and he did fine the first time and saved the Griffins butts the second time. So my opinion of him is different but just as valid. And as far as the minus posters go, what would change your mind about coming back again (like you did here) and disagreeing with them again. That wears real thin (no matter who's doing it), gets the thread off it's tack and proves nothing except that two people happen to disagree.

Why is there a right or wrong to being optimistic or pessimistic? IMO either is fine, but I don't see why people are correct or incorrect in having either viewpoint. Stating either viewpoint as a FACT is what many posters have an issue with.

The Wings have been better than most of the league this season- that is shown by their standing. The Wings also have played poorly through stretches this season, especially the games previous to last night- that is shown by their losing streak(s).

Neither group is correct because posters have different expectations for the season. Some only expect the team to make the playoffs and play well in the playoffs. Others expect a cup every year and are disappointed if the team doesn't perform at an elite level every game. Either expectation is fine, but neither group is right in their expectation.

The Wings are not horrible, but they haven't been playing to their potential or like the league's best team for much of the season.

Opinions aren't facts, and stating them as such is likely to upset some.

1332704886[/url]' post='2273901']

Why is there a right or wrong to being optimistic or pessimistic? IMO either is fine, but I don't see why people are correct or incorrect in having either viewpoint. Stating either viewpoint as a FACT is what many posters have an issue with.

The Wings have been better than most of the league this season- that is shown by their standing. The Wings also have played poorly through stretches this season, especially the games previous to last night- that is shown by their losing streak(s).

Neither group is correct because posters have different expectations for the season. Some only expect the team to make the playoffs and play well in the playoffs. Others expect a cup every year and are disappointed if the team doesn't perform at an elite level every game. Either expectation is fine, but neither group is right in their expectation.

The Wings are not horrible, but they haven't been playing to their potential or like the league's best team for much of the season.

I'm still out of pluses but the above says it for me.

I think Wings fans argue with one another just as much as fans of other teams. I find that laughable because we have experienced more success in the past 20 years than any other franchise in the world, and in this case the NHL. 4 Stanley Cups, multiple President trophies, multiple division titles, many long playoff runs. Not to mention all the greats that we have been BLESSED to watch in a Red Wings uniform... Stevie Y, Shanny, Federov, Hull, Chelios, The Dominator, Ozzie, Grind Line, Russian 5, Zetterberg, Datsyuk... and through it all... NICK LIDSTROM.

These guys have been our team, and even through significant changes over the years, the team we cheer for still remains one of the elite in the NHL and every year come out of the gate and make their way to the playoffs. Ask any team in the league which team they would NOT want to face in the playoffs and I am willing to bet lots of money that a majority of them would pick the Wings.

Fact of the matter is we are blessed to be cheering for such a great team and organization that is so committed to winning and so committed to its fans. Yet, some of you see fit to debunk them anytime something goes wrong. Then as soon as things are back to normal, you are back to cheering them on claiming them to the best there is in hockey. Get a grip and support your freakin team and stop arguing with one another.

I can understand pessimism as long as the discussion is rational and level-headed. I can personally understand a lot of the questions about this team and its ability to capture a twelfth title this year.

Calling the team a bunch of ******* is just ridiculous. Be negative if you want, but don't be an ass about your own negative opinions of the team.

"Wahhh! :crybaby: I got negged! I know more about hockey/Red Wings than ANYONE! You're all stupid!" Seriously, what a bitchfest. Are we really caring about the little red/green numbers on our posts enough to actually include them in discussion? Do you think there is some appeal process?

The Wings have played pretty awful as of late, there is no denying that. Some believe it was all injuries, others thought it was the sorry play on the part of the healthy bodies, others still thought it was all bad bounces/awful luck/vindictive refs.

Last night was nothing like the previous weeks' play. NOTHING. The Wings carried play the almost the entire game. Some of the goals against were bad bounces, others were a bit harder to swallow. However, the fact remains that the Wings showed up for 60 minutes and dominated play 5-on-5. I have bagged on the Wings play for weeks, mostly because they looked lazy and disinterested. Last night, the only doubt I really had was when they gave up that fourth goal, and that doubt was basically "we're carrying play, but no guarantee we get 3 more goals on Ward".

The Wings DESERVED to win last night, which is something they haven't in a couple weeks, and better yet, did so despite bad bounces and a substantial deficit. Full value for the win.

I can understand pessimism as long as the discussion is rational and level-headed. I can personally understand a lot of the questions about this team and its ability to capture a twelfth title this year.

Calling the team a bunch of ******* is just ridiculous. Be negative if you want, but don't be an ass about your own negative opinions of the team.

Seems like a simple concept.