#321 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

It was skinner doing the best sedin impressions iv ever seen

Wow. That's pretty bad, lol.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#322 ValpoHockey

ValpoHockey

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

If the last two periods were any indication of how this third will go, I think Babs should have Datsyuk play keepaway in the neutral zone for the first minute. After that, it's all systems go.

Got to stay out of the box. If the Wings can stay out of the box this period, I think they win in regulation.

#323 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

If the last two periods were any indication of how this third will go, I think Babs should have Datsyuk play keepaway in the neutral zone for the first minute. After that, it's all systems go.

Got to stay out of the box. If the Wings can stay out of the box this period, I think they win in regulation.

That would actually be somewhat amusing to watch, unlike the TB and PHI trap game earlier this season.

#324 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

It's a piece of s***. All it does is provoke more nonsense than it abates. I don't "care", but I don't see why we need it. It gets abused by people who use it to piss on other members they don't like, or because said members posted something that may be true, but unpopular. I can't even remember the last time I availed myself of it.

To get back on topic, hell of a game so far. At least the Wings are showing some stones.

We all must have secret enemies on the forum.

The neg was removed for a while but it was put back in recently. I don't mind the system in theory, but, as you said, many posters use it for personal reasons and don't substantiate their neg with a reply.

Good two periods. Seems like some of the games from the past few years where the other team seems to capitalize on every opportunity while the Wings generally dominate the game.

#325 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

well here's hoping anyway.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#326 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Haven't you noticed that everytime you post negative comments about the team is when you get negged? Correlation maybe???

The team sucks right now. We're playing hard tonight, but that's tonight. Saying the team isn't that good right now, or that we have problems, isn't being negative. It's assessing the situation as honestly as possible. You can phrase it better than "we suck" obviously, but I'm being a bit dramatic to make my point.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#327 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

f*** yeah!

#328 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

On a positive note, we didn't get scored on in the 1st minute of the period.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#329 Gusto

Gusto

Rookie

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

Exactly! :clap:

Like I said, it's fine if you want to neg, but explain why you disagree. Folks just neg because someone says "Boooo Wings" even though a lot of times it's the truth...

It's because you don't actually make any points that are refutable; just blanket black-and-white statements. If someone says something is good/improving then you read it as "The wings are the greatest!" and passive aggressively try and throw it back in their face.
I don't think anyone has really been saying 'things will be perfect with Lids and Dats back', they've been saying; 'things will get better with Lids and Dats back'. With those two out the wings just haven't had the tools to get the PP and PK on track, now they're here, we can start getting it back in shape. It doesn't mean it's going to be a top-10 PP tomorrow.

#330 ValpoHockey

ValpoHockey

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

That would actually be somewhat amusing to watch, unlike the TB and PHI trap game earlier this season.

I was thinking more along the lines of Darren Helm 2009 playoffs vs Chicago :D

#331 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

You guys are hilarious. I love seeing everyone jump back on the red wings' metaphorical dick once things improve. Many of you are the very definition of bandwagoners. I would love to see what some of you are like in real life. Some of your' comments display a complete lack of character. How do you all handle adversity in the real world? It's a hockey game, a form of entertainment, and guess what. Nothing you do has any affect on the outcome, it's asinine to freak out over such things.

#332 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

We are trying but they are collapsing and taking away our lanes. Its like watching a 5-5 penalty kill. This may hurt them but so far it seems pretty effective.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#333 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

Damnit! Nyquist is so close every game!

#334 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

On a positive note, we didn't get scored on in the 1st minute of the period.

Best defensive minute of the year!!!

#335 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Ohhh how we needed a pure sniper. Thanks Holland!

#336 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

I was thinking more along the lines of Darren Helm 2009 playoffs vs Chicago :D

That WAS nice.

Good pressure there, but Ward had some nice saves. Keep pressing guys! Let's Go Wings!

#337 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Kyle Quincey, would you please put it in the NET! He's sure getting his chances...
I see where he has 7 shots, but it seems like lot more than that

Edited by zztop40, 24 March 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#338 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Nyquist...something always happens when he's on the ice.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#339 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Nyquist...something always happens when he's on the ice.

Yea, and it's totally because of him Posted Image

#340 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Lol, someone negged me. The truth hurts, eh? Bunch of spazzes.