• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#21 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

Here we go boys - right the ship against these scrubs tonight. I hope captain Lids is back tonight ... but we should be able to win regardless (unless Ward 06' wakes up)

#22 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

I rarely go to games but always watch at home. However, this time I bought tickets. I'm taking my parents and my 84 year old grandfather down for a tour of where I work downtown, then to get a Coney, then for a trip on the People Mugger over to the Joe.

Win this one for my grandpa! He's been having a tough time with the recent passing of my grandmother, so he needs this W!

#23 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

I think Smith should stay in the line up. He looks like in time he could be a very good defense man. The kid is NHL ready.

#24 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

As much as I like Smith- - I REALLY do- - I will be thrilled to have the greatest Defenceman of all time back in the line-up tonight. If Nick declared himself a game-time decision saying he wanted to test it twice to be sure, then you have to assume he felt good on it this morning and just wants to make sure he gets the same result later tonight before the game. I think that leans more to him playing tonight then not playing. Here is to hoping #5 is back tonight and the Wings get rolling. GO WINGS!

#25 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kindl

Complete joke if he sits over that scrub, might as well send him back to GR. Does him no good sitting in the press box.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#26 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

As much as I like Smith- - I REALLY do- - I will be thrilled to have the greatest Defenceman of all time back in the line-up tonight. If Nick declared himself a game-time decision saying he wanted to test it twice to be sure, then you have to assume he felt good on it this morning and just wants to make sure he gets the same result later tonight before the game. I think that leans more to him playing tonight then not playing. Here is to hoping #5 is back tonight and the Wings get rolling. GO WINGS!

I love Smith and I really don't think that he should be sitting but I think the big picture here is that Kindl and Ericcson need to get some games in before the playoffs start to get game ready. To have a 3rd pairing of Quincey - Smith/E/Kindl come playoff time isn't such a bad problem to have.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#27 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

Lets go boys, eight games left time to crank it up!! 5-3 Wings :siren:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#28 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

Smith>>>>Kindl

Complete joke if he sits over that scrub, might as well send him back to GR. Does him no good sitting in the press box.

I had to delete all those stupid inverted carets just to quote this post. Thanks for screwing up my browser.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#29 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Can't get any worse really for us so maybe a W is in order? Either way Let's Go Wings!! :thumbup:

#30 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

I had to delete all those stupid inverted carets just to quote this post. Thanks for screwing up my browser.

That must have taken so long. How are you still alive? And damn those bastards forcing you to quote posts...

But anyways, Just win please. This is getting real old, real fast.

#31 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Quickly running out of time. Do or die now.

#32 Probie

Probie

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Go Wings!!! They'll probably have a great game because I can't watch.

I hope they play hard for whoever is in net. They did pretty good against New York, just need to get more pucks in the net.

Can you watch streams at least? :

http://livetv.ru/en/...comingsports/2/

#33 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

I have a good feeling about this game. Wings can win this if they go hard for a whole 60 minutes.

Let's GO Red Wings!!

Edited by MidMichSteve, 24 March 2012 - 02:12 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#34 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

I rarely go to games but always watch at home. However, this time I bought tickets. I'm taking my parents and my 84 year old grandfather down for a tour of where I work downtown, then to get a Coney, then for a trip on the People Mugger over to the Joe.

Win this one for my grandpa! He's been having a tough time with the recent passing of my grandmother, so he needs this W!

uh....aren't the Wings IN Carolina tonight? If so, I hope you got a receipt for those tickets....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#35 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

No at the joe no doubt
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#36 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

HE'S BACK! :siren:

Elliotte Friedman ‏ @FriedgeHNIC
Lidstrom back for Detroit

#37 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

Lidstom in tonight.

LGW!!! :siren: :siren: :siren:
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#38 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

He's back!

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#39 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Lids!!!!!

Anyways I really would like to see a win finally:) plZ..

#40 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Great news! Lets get it going now, pound Carolina :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL