• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Needs to be said

Rate this topic

No, I want all the naysayers who negged me and such to have their crow and eat it too.

The point of the thread was to point out we weren't going to beat them in the first round, but we could beat them later on. We needed to get a grove we didn't have yet, and if we played PHX we might have won.

WE KNOW NOW WE DIDN'T BEAT NASHVILLE!!! That proves that 6th would have been a better outcome.

I took the crap for laying it down how it really was. You folks should stand up and recognize that IT WAS how it was. Eat the damn crow.

It wouldn't have mattered if played Phoenix. Sorry. We sucked and would have sucked against them too.

We would have gotten beaten badly by anyone we played this year in the first round. Our team wasn't good at all going into the playoffs or the last 2 months of the season. Like it would have mattered (yeah right) our team was/is bad right now. lol

And we are the first team golfing cheers!

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

No, I want all the naysayers who negged me and such to have their crow and eat it too.

The point of the thread was to point out we weren't going to beat them in the first round, but we could beat them later on. We needed to get a grove we didn't have yet, and if we played PHX we might have won.

WE KNOW NOW WE DIDN'T BEAT NASHVILLE!!! That proves that 6th would have been a better outcome.

I took the crap for laying it down how it really was. You folks should stand up and recognize that IT WAS how it was. Eat the damn crow.

Yup, we could have lost against Phoenix instead.

I agree you shouldn't have taken crap for it, but unless the Blackhawks just tore through Phoenix, your point isn't valid.

If we play Phoenix, then Raffi Torres knocks Zetterberg instead who then might have long term concussion issues... and if it was a Detroit guy getting hit, Shanahan would have let Torres off with a fine because he doesn't want to be seen as playing favorites. Buttman would have backed him up too saying it was a hockey play and people are blowing it out of proportion.

Guest Crymson

The importance you place upon vindication for its own sake is strange. Your demands for it are comical in light of the fact that you've no logical reason to deserve it: you don't know if the Red Wings would have beaten the Coyotes. If you hadn't noticed, they're doing pretty well.

That said, discussion forums are not the place for you if you find being disagreed with a difficult experience.

Edited by Crymson

Subjective.

I can throw so many other what if scenarios that don't hold any more or less weight than your deal that says we should've finished 6th.

What if the Wings won the final game of the regular season in normal time and the Predators lost their final game, making the Wings the 4th seed?

What if Franzen's "no-goal" in game 3 came a few tenths of a second earlier?

What if Hudler didn't hit the post in game 4?

What if three teammates and Howard didn't overcommit in game 4 on the Predators 2nd goal?

What if Rinne let in a bad goal or two throughout the series?

I can't give you the answers to these questions with 0% truth/fact, just like you cannot say us finishing 6th would've been guaranteed victory.