• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Dallas

Rate this topic

I am getting the vibe that some people really want to get Dallas. If we played Dallas I think we would win but it would be a series in which a lot of guys would get banged up. Dallas is currently the most physical team in the league;they play playoff style hockey in the regular season physicality wise and I can only see them ramping it up. Fistric levels some dude every damn game for gods sake; imagine throwing that guy into a playoff series: yeah plenty of goal scoring opportunities against but also some deathly checks.

Edited by jollymania

Like I said in the CHI NSH game thread... IMO I think people are really underestimating the Pacific Division winner... Is Nashville better than whoever wins it? Maybe, but is whomever wins gonna be a walk over? Heck No... Plus they get home ice.

That's why in my eyes I would prefer to get #4 over getting #6

Also, the Wings are not scared of anyone

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Like I said in the CHI NSH game thread... IMO I think people are really underestimating the Pacific Division winner... Is Nashville better than whoever wins it? Maybe, but is whomever wins gonna be a walk over? Heck No... Plus they get home ice.

That's why in my eyes I would prefer to get #4 over getting #6

Also, the Wings are not scared of anyone

I know the wings aren't afraid of anyone, and the wings are a playoff tough team, but i mean just look at fistric, the guy is liek kronwall if he decided to plaster someone on any given shift.

While any opponent is tough in playoffs, I don't see Wings having significant issues skating by Dallas.

Go Wings !

It isn't the fact that we cannot beat them, it is the fact that it would be a gritty old school war rather than a typical post lockout playoff series, it would be significantly less wear and tear when facing nashville or chicago.

Well, we're 4-0 against Dallas this season, but a series against them would produce some bumps and bruises, taking into account the likes of Brenden Morrow, Mark Fistric, Steve Ott, Eric Nystrom, Jamie Benn, and Jake Dowell. Dallas is a pretty physical team, but I'm not sure they could keep up with us overall. They're a mediocre team at even strength, their powerplay is worse than ours, and I'm not sure they have the secondary scoring to compete with us. To be fair, their PK is far better than ours.

Regardless of who we face in the playoffs, we'll likely get outmatched physically. Chicago isn't as physical as Dallas, but Andrew Shaw, Bryan Bickell, and Jamal Mayers will all be tossing their weight around. Personally, I worry more about playing Chicago because they've got the offensive firepower to compete with us, and they'll likely be able to physically out-do us.

To be honest, I wouldn't wanna play Nashville in the first round, either. They're 6-3-1 in their last 10. We're 3-2 against them this year. I think they will give us more problems than Dallas will.

Wings usually do well against physical teams. This season Bruins, Blues, Flyers and many others. What most people underestimate in Wings is the ability of the team to play any type of a game if they have to.

I am confident Wings will match well against any team this offseason.

Whether its Chi, Nas, or Dal their all going to be a tough opponent, yes I agree that Dallas would be the most physical but Nashville and Chicago have some bruising guys to, not like the Stars do but close. Any opponent will be tough for the Wings espcially if they don't get healthy before the playoffs. They also really NEEED to get their Power Play working becasue a team really needs their Special Teams to be good to go far in the playoffs, so I don't really see it making a difference who we play it won't be easy. Now out of those 3 I would definetly rather see the Wings play the Stars in the 1st Round because I think we can beat them but I've felt that way before about teams and they've ended up beating us so what happens happens I guess. Go Wings!!