• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#241 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Lots of well deserved Nyquist talk tonight. I understood why Smith was sent down, but there's no reason Nyquist should go back to GR when everyone is healthy. He's ready!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#242 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

How is it possible for Homer's English to be so bad considering he's been in the U.S. for pretty close to half his life?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#243 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

I wonder who is happier, Wiz or White.

Bertuzzi sucks again!

esteef

Yah his four assists and plus 5 rating really supports your argument...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#244 SidAbelsSon

SidAbelsSon

Rookie

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

How is it possible for Homer's English to be so bad considering he's been in the U.S. for pretty close to half his life?

Ever been to the UP? He speaks perfect english.Posted Image

#245 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

I was one of the people screaming all off season about signing Wiz, and it's pretty apparent why I'm not a GM for the Red Wings. While I still think he's a real good player, it just goes to show you don't need the best guy at any position, but rather the right one. What a good call the White signing was.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#246 DatsyukDangles

DatsyukDangles

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

I know mule gets his points, but it's nice to see Datsyuk play with someone who gives 100% for a change.

I hope you're not one of the people that was saying we should try to get Semin then ;)

#247 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

I was one of the people screaming all off season about signing Wiz, and it's pretty apparent why I'm not a GM for the Red Wings. While I still think he's a real good player, it just goes to show you don't need the best guy at any position, but rather the right one. What a good call the White signing was.

We don't want to be stuck with that contract. We think Ericsson's is bad, but Wiz's is 10 times worse!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#248 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

At least we know we can still beat Carolina and Columbus :thumbup:

How about a repeat on Wednesday!
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#249 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

We don't want to be stuck with that contract. We think Ericsson's is bad, but Wiz's is 10 times worse!

Well obviously I wanted the guy before he signed that contract. Crossing my fingers to get him after he signed his contract would make me retarded, and fundamentally incapable of understanding the basic premises of contracts.

#250 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

Well obviously I wanted the guy before he signed that contract. Crossing my fingers to get him after he signed his contract would make me retarded, and fundamentally incapable of understanding the basic premises of contracts.

Yea agree with you about White, great signing. Holland's smart, he doesn't want to sign anyone on the blue line long term until Lidstrom calls it a career. Plus he's after Suter or Weber.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#251 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

the wings clinched a playoff spot tonight,shouldn't ya'll be celebrating.Posted Image

#252 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Yea agree with you about White, great signing. Holland's smart, he doesn't want to sign anyone on the blue line long term until Lidstrom calls it a career. Plus he's after Suter or Weber.

White was up and down in Toronto, but I remember thinking "Pair this guy up with Lidstrom or Kronwall and I think he could do well". For some reason, I've always liked White. Good signing by Ken.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#253 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Start playing consistently. Keep the pressure on and attack like last game. Eliminate mistakes and bury the Jackets when you get the opportunity. With each game, Pav and Nick will get better, and if nothing else, take enough pressure off of Fil and Hank so that they can continue to dominate.

Detroit 5 - 2 Columbus

Hank and Fil combine for 5 points.
Datsyuk with 2 points.
PP with at least one goal.

Great game, boys!

Detroit 7 - 2 Columbus

Hank and Fil combine for 6 points
Datsyuk with 2 points.
PP with two goals in the first two tries.

I like being off in that sorta way :D

#254 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

If you guys are getting the FSD feed, the Bugsy Watson that Mickey was just talking about owns a hockey bar in Alexandria, VA that is totally badass. They play every Wings game and have all sorts of Wings history decorating the place. Plus, all sorts of players go in there after games in Washington. Had to plug the place because it's a Wings fan's home away from home when you're living in D.C.

Seriously? I may be moving near Alexandria by the end of the year. That's going to be amazing, makes me feel better about moving there. I was worried about being cut off from the hockey culture. I'll be there for every game!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#255 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

Seriously? I may be moving near Alexandria by the end of the year. That's going to be amazing, makes me feel better about moving there. I was worried about being cut off from the hockey culture. I'll be there for every game!

Yeah, the name of the place is Bugsy's and it's on the main drag in Alexandria, King Street. The place is totally awesome and right down where everybody in that area goes to party. And Bugsy himself is in there a couple times a week to drink and watch games. The bartenders are all really great and will put on any game you want and there are tons of flat screens. Plus the food is awesome. A buddy of mine met Mark Messier down there one night but it was a night I wasn't at the bar. I just moved back to michigan from there about a year ago.

Edited by kipwinger, 26 March 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#256 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

His physicality on the Nyquist goal was f***in' delicious. Take notes Franzen!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#257 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Man. It must suck being a Blue Jackets fan.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#258 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

The thing I'm most glad for is that Zetterberg is right around he season average. He's below it, but not drastically so (especially if he can finish with 70-73 points. So much for his drastic decline.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#259 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,632 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

I get the feeling that Mason won't be a Jacket come next season.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#260 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

Finally had time to watch highlights ... OMG, never seen so many beautiful goals in one game ! It really was like the Globetrotters on ice.