• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Happy Turtle Day

Rate this topic

Crazy what happens in 15 years. No more pay per view hockey... no more hate for Colorado, no more fights like this, no more amazing stories.

Yeah the only guys that are still around from the rivalry are Lidstrom and Holmstrom for Detroit, and Hejduk for Colorado, but he didn't break into the league until the late '90s, I believe. With the way free agency is, guys coming and going, it is gonna be hard for a rivalry like that to brew and continue for as long as theirs did. It is safe to say the rivalry is dead.

I'd love to see the rivalry get re-ignited, but it'll be a lot less likely for it to last these days. The key to developing rivalries: Playoff series

Did DMAC ever get suspended for kneeing Turtle while he was against the boards?

I was just getting into the Wings during those years so I'm not sure what the aftermath was.

I would kill to go to a game like that. People that were there witnessed one hell of a game that night.

I'm still a firm believer that had this game not happened the way it did, the Wings dont win the Cup that year.

I too watched the game live from my living room. I was a junior in highschool. To this day, I have never watched a more exciting sporting event....ever. As mentioned, this was good 'ol hockey the way it used to be. Back in the day of Stevie Y and the Russian Five, Lapointe, Dmac in his prime, etc.

Unfortunately the NHL will never be the same as it was back then, but at least we have memories of games like this one to bring us back! The '96-'97 Detroit Red Wings is, and probably always will be, my favorite sports team/season of all time, for obvious reasons.

Man, I can still remember like it was yesterday, sitting there after Dmac's goal in OT, in complete amazement at what I had just witnessed....THE BEST GAME EVER.

Edited by Copenhagen848

Did DMAC ever get suspended for kneeing Turtle while he was against the boards?

I was just getting into the Wings during those years so I'm not sure what the aftermath was.

I would kill to go to a game like that. People that were there witnessed one hell of a game that night.

Actually, he didn't even get kicked out of the game. After he scored the GWG, Devorski, told Mac that he owed Devorski a game.

Good old days, them was.